talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What's The Best XI We Can Make?

football forum

1 hour ago, Mpache said:

I think Reid is a harmless CB though. Elite? Definitely not. But as a CB I think he's always been fair enough. He's decent at what he does. If you get him a really good CB partner he's a good option.

CBs probably one of the most important positions in football xD

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

CBs probably one of the most important positions in football xD

But it doesn't always rely on both CB's though.

You can have a good CB next to an elite player and you'll still do well.

Now the following I don't know if it's true or not, but rather my observation. I found that Van Dijk transformed that Liverpool team when he first joined, without the other CB being elite. That's kind of what I'm getting at. Reid isn't elite but he's good enough to hold his own.

It's probably worth noting whether this thread is to establish the best XI in the world or the best XI from players from each continent.

Players from the South American leagues or any other continent would not get in ahead of those from Europe. The difference in quality between Europe and the rest of the world is colossal.

3 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

It's probably worth noting whether this thread is to establish the best XI in the world or the best XI from players from each continent.

Players from South America or any other continent would not get in ahead of those from Europe. The difference in quality between Europe and the rest of the world is colossal.

... but Messi?

11 minutes ago, Mpache said:

But it doesn't always rely on both CB's though.

You can have a good CB next to an elite player and you'll still do well.

Now the following I don't know if it's true or not, but rather my observation. I found that Van Dijk transformed that Liverpool team when he first joined, without the other CB being elite. That's kind of what I'm getting at. Reid isn't elite but he's good enough to hold his own.

We’re trying to make the best XI under weird constraints.

If we want to have an Oceana player in this... then I’ll add a couple of other constraints:

1 Oceana player

3 African players

the rest can be from wherever as long as it’s not Europe, Africa, or South America - but I think it’s just one player then.

Gk. Keylor Navas (North America) 

Df. Koulabaly (Africa) VVD (European) Marquinous (South American) 

Wb. Kimmich (European) Marcelo (South American) 

Md. Ndidi (African) Kevin De Bruyne (European) Party (African) 

FW. Salah (African) Messi (South American) 

3 hours ago, Whiskey said:

I woke up this morning and saw that there was a debate as to whether Tapia deserved to be in a World XI. 

Brilliant how 8 hours later at half 3 there is a debate still going on about whether Tapia deserved to be in a World XI.

Fucking excellent xD!

One of the reasons I love coming on this forums frequently and just chilling and reading posts.xD

1 minute ago, Mpache said:

Navas

TAA - Reid - Koulibaly - Davies

Tapia - Gundogan

Son - Messi - Mbappe

Suarez

Think I did this right.

Looking at this, a very dynamic team that kills you on the wings and has good finishing from Suarez, and a very pragmatic midfield. Reid to be a sort of sweeper and Koulibaly to be a ball playing defender.

If it was 5 years ago, my team would have been this.

Navas

Alves - Bonucci - Reid - Marcelo

Pirlo

Toure - Guardado

Messi --------------------Ronaldo

Cahill

African football was definitely a lot more diverse back then, with the amount of options I had in mind. Had to go with Toure.

53 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Navas

TAA - Reid - Koulibaly - Davies

Tapia - Gundogan

Son - Messi - Mbappe

Suarez

Think I did this right.

Never been too sold on M'bappe, especially watching games like this, there was one game (United maybe?) he fucking five or six chances so badly and jsut couldn't do anything properly. Also hasn't Alexander-Arnold been kind out of it this season?

Archived