Last 3 Meetings
20/09/2020 - Newcastle 0-3 Brighton
20/07/2020 - Brighton 0-0 Newcastle
21/09/2019 - Newcastle 0-0 Brighton

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Enormous game. The more I look at our fixtures the more I wince. But then I look at Brighton's and think OK they're in similar position fixture wise. 

We need to bloody win but I just know we'll play for a point.

If you loose and Fulham win they will go ahead of you. You will have a game in hand but you will have to win that game in hand. Even a draw and a Fulham win puts you in the bottom 3 on goal difference. 

3 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

If you loose and Fulham win they will go ahead of you. You will have a game in hand but you will have to win that game in hand. Even a draw and a Fulham win puts you in the bottom 3 on goal difference. 

I'm more worried about accumulation of points than where we are. Though dropping into the bottom 3 would be symbolic and the clubs fav journo did say Bruce would be sacked only if we did.

59 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Miggy's back :445_lifter:

Whilst he's not the long term answer, Dwight Gayle had four goals in seven starts after lockdown. He's ideal for a relegation battle. When everybody's injured I'm surprised Bruce doesn't just play him through the middle. Or in a two with Joelinton given that's what he's done pre Newcastle. Must be beyond irritating for the fan base.

30 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Whilst he's not the long term answer, Dwight Gayle had four goals in seven starts after lockdown. He's ideal for a relegation battle. When everybody's injured I'm surprised Bruce doesn't just play him through the middle. Or in a two with Joelinton given that's what he's done pre Newcastle. Must be beyond irritating for the fan base.

Gayle did well back end of last season. However Bruce is insisting on this "split strikers" as he calls it, where Gayle plays right wing or centre mid :4_joy: when questioned he said he won't change his style. No point in Gayle playing if we won't change this formation.

This is an abysmal first half. The approach to the game is horrendous. We are playing to shithouse and its out of the window now.

I've been watching Netflix, so missed the first half but just turned the game on now and Sky are saying Brighton have had 200 more passes than Newcastle? Fucking hell. 

Knew that Brighton would win this one, it's a monumental game too.

• The title was changed to Brighton 3-0 Newcastle - Saturday 20th March, 2021

Newcastle have been terrible today, they have made Brighton look like a top team.   If the Newcastle players can't get motivated for this game, you wonder if the players have given up on Bruce.  I can't see him surviving long as Newcastle's manager.  

Bruce should have been sacked after the Brentford game months ago. It's probably too late now, the damage is done. Still, I don't see how he can survive that. I said 4 games ago we need 8pts from the next 4. We got 3pts. It's like being a prisoner when your ownership and board won't react to how the community thinks and feels. Sacking Bruce might not stop us going down but at least we could have a psychological break from this trapped sensation.

2 wins in 20. Bruce out.

• Subscriber

The misery of supporting Newcastle is actually unimaginable. I want them to be in the top flight as a neutral but in their current form they're just totally depressing. Bruce should definitely go but even then I don't see what comes next that leads to any marked improvement. Surely the least appealing job in the Premier League by some distance.

That final day fixture against Fulham will certainly be one to watch, elsewhere... I can’t see the top 4 race being interesting at that stage of the season currently. 

You have to say, for the Premier League and football in general it will be interesting to see what comes of Brighton and Fulham, Potter and Parker, so we should be sent down. 

We changed our style not long back and started to play better football, then we lost our front 3 and we decided we'd keep the same shape rather than make it about the players we had available. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived