Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Danny - Not so shit at this piece of shit - Derby County

As the title suggests you may realise I'm fucking gash, I'll just put my constant files I keep getting sacked in on here.

Currently Derby County, got 5 games to get 12 points or I get the sack. Lost the first two.

Edited by Danny

HAHA. As I made this topic my load finished saving and I got sacked.

I am now the manager of Wigan Athletic.

1 minute ago, Danny said:

I am now the manager of Wigan Athletic.

sacked yet?

Just now, Stan said:

sacked yet?

Give it time Stanley even I'm not that good

The most me thing happened. First game with Wigan and it's against Derby. Go 2-0 up, smashing it. Concede 2 in the last ten minutes to draw.

I understand women more than I understand this game.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Danny said:

I understand women more than I understand this game.

Image result for are you sure gif

What's the problem with your teams? Not enough goals? Conceding too easily? Do you often have players "playing without confidence" or "playing nervously"?

I've been a big team to learn the ropes, top of the table with Arsenal on a second season and signed Hazard and Bacca.

Some reason whenever I play with a Championship side I go through a small winning streak, get the confidence up, swap from defensive/attacking depending on what the assistant says and his reports say and still end up in the back of a mamouth losing streak.

How come you got a job at a team in the same league after being sacked by Derby? Or did you start a new save?

Whenever I get sacked early on in a save I have to drop down a league or two to get another job.

8 hours ago, Danny said:

I've been a big team to learn the ropes, top of the table with Arsenal on a second season and signed Hazard and Bacca.

Some reason whenever I play with a Championship side I go through a small winning streak, get the confidence up, swap from defensive/attacking depending on what the assistant says and his reports say and still end up in the back of a mamouth losing streak.

what your assistant recommends doesn't always turn out to be the right thing to do.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

what your assistant recommends doesn't always turn out to be the right thing to do.

I've learnt that, done what he says, ignored what he says. I just don't get it haha. Give me FIFA any day 

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

I've learnt that, done what he says, ignored what he says. I just don't get it haha. Give me FIFA any day 

I'm also awful at this game. I still dabble on FM12, but I have been considering getting the latest so that I can play again with updated linesups and teams.

When do they usually come out with the newest addition?

46 minutes ago, Eco said:

I'm also awful at this game. I still dabble on FM12, but I have been considering getting the latest so that I can play again with updated linesups and teams.

When do they usually come out with the newest addition?

October usually. Then updates and patches released periodically. Think last updates are usually in the March following the original release. 

Just now, Stan said:

October usually. Then updates and patches released periodically. Think last updates are usually in the March following the original release. 

So I should wait until October before upgrading from FM12?

Just now, Eco said:

So I should wait until October before upgrading from FM12?

Up to you mate. Maybe get to grips with fm17 before getting fm18. 

The game has changed massively since FM12! So much more to think about and so much more to be precise about. You have to be more adaptive with the new versions. 

Just now, Stan said:

Up to you mate. Maybe get to grips with fm17 before getting fm18. 

The game has changed massively since FM12! So much more to think about and so much more to be precise about. You have to be more adaptive with the new versions. 

But I made a powerhouse out of Wimbledon!

58 minutes ago, Eco said:

But I made a powerhouse out of Wimbledon!

I had a similar story on FM12 with Wimbledon but the board screwed me. Yannick Bolasie, Callum McMannaman, Frazier Campbell. You'd never see those players playing at The Kingsmeadow any time soon.

Danny - Try Pompey to build your confidence.

1 hour ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I had a similar story on FM12 with Wimbledon but the board screwed me. Yannick Bolasie, Callum McMannaman, Frazier Campbell. You'd never see those players playing at The Kingsmeadow any time soon.

Danny - Try Pompey to build your confidence.

Yeah, well I will likely download the latest version and pick Leyton Orient or some other team in Financial trouble. Those are always the most entertaining to me. 

If you want to try a lower league team maybe it would be an idea to pick a team who are at least favoured to make the play-offs/gain promotion. You will at least have a very good team in that division and if you do get promoted then the challenge can really start from there.

Derby have a good team and also have 4m to spend

The thing that's made me come good on this was picking a side where there were no expectations.

The catch is that team is Barnsley and you've already been them xD

I often do better abroad than in England. Seriously, do a save with someone who isn't quite at the top (so you can at least feel some kind of achievement if you do it) but is quite good as well. I'm looking at someone like Genk, Heerenveen or Sporting Lisbon.

14 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Sporting is a good shout as outside of the top three the Portuguese league is a massive barrel of shite.

Watch out Martin, @Machado might cut you. 

17 minutes ago, Dan said:

The thing that's made me come good on this was picking a side where there were no expectations.

The catch is that team is Barnsley and you've already been them xD

I often do better abroad than in England. Seriously, do a save with someone who isn't quite at the top (so you can at least feel some kind of achievement if you do it) but is quite good as well. I'm looking at someone like Genk, Heerenveen or Sporting Lisbon.

Agree with this. I've done as well or better with sides who are mid table or sleeping giants than with sides that expect to win every match, more fun too. 

I turned Sparta Rotterdam into a better side than what I turned PSG into. Clubs without pressure generally do it for me. Sparta was my ideal save in so many ways - a youth emphasis, started in the second tier and gradually built a really good side that won consecutive Eredivisie's and even made the last 16 of the Champions League.

I think England's tough. I find the Premier League very tricky on this.

Ironic that I started this topic with Derby what is about a year ago now as I have got into another season with the Rams and it's going...quite well. I made some changes in the Summer that I don't normally make.

I sacked a load of my coaches and hired new ones, bringing my general coaching level to one of the best in the league. Also hired some physics who are actually good physios.

I've been going with a variation of a 4-3-2-1 all season, between that, a 4-3-1-2 and a 5-3-2. My team are high pressing which is something I've never used before, work ball into the box, high tempo. I had about £4m to spend but only bought Stephen Quinn from Reading for a milllion, highly determined and a jack of all trades and Kwesi Appiah for £500k. Other than one fairly sticky patch where I played 6, lost 3 and drew 3 (thought that was going to be the end of this game) I've generally had runs of form that go win 2 lose/draw 1, or win 4 lose one.

Currently sixth, 3 points off 3rd and 4-5 point off 2nd. Just gone past January and I've loaned in Rob Holding and Lewis Cook.

Derby usually collapse in the 2nd half of seasons in real life so we'll see how realistic this game really is... 

Well I finished the season third in the league and lost to Fulham on penalties in a play-off semi final...not bad considering I was at a point I wasn't sure if I'd be able to keep up with the play offs. I somehow had a row with Jacob Butterfield that cauased the entire team to take his side and still managed to win when they refused to be motivated by me and their morale stayed around "okay". I did manage to go into the automatics towards the end of the season but the midweek games killed it for me.