talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Danny - Not so shit at this piece of shit - Derby County

football forum

As the title suggests you may realise I'm fucking gash, I'll just put my constant files I keep getting sacked in on here.

Currently Derby County, got 5 games to get 12 points or I get the sack. Lost the first two.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been a big team to learn the ropes, top of the table with Arsenal on a second season and signed Hazard and Bacca.

Some reason whenever I play with a Championship side I go through a small winning streak, get the confidence up, swap from defensive/attacking depending on what the assistant says and his reports say and still end up in the back of a mamouth losing streak.

How come you got a job at a team in the same league after being sacked by Derby? Or did you start a new save?

Whenever I get sacked early on in a save I have to drop down a league or two to get another job.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Danny said:

I've been a big team to learn the ropes, top of the table with Arsenal on a second season and signed Hazard and Bacca.

Some reason whenever I play with a Championship side I go through a small winning streak, get the confidence up, swap from defensive/attacking depending on what the assistant says and his reports say and still end up in the back of a mamouth losing streak.

what your assistant recommends doesn't always turn out to be the right thing to do.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

what your assistant recommends doesn't always turn out to be the right thing to do.

I've learnt that, done what he says, ignored what he says. I just don't get it haha. Give me FIFA any day 

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

I've learnt that, done what he says, ignored what he says. I just don't get it haha. Give me FIFA any day 

I'm also awful at this game. I still dabble on FM12, but I have been considering getting the latest so that I can play again with updated linesups and teams.

When do they usually come out with the newest addition?

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Eco said:

I'm also awful at this game. I still dabble on FM12, but I have been considering getting the latest so that I can play again with updated linesups and teams.

When do they usually come out with the newest addition?

October usually. Then updates and patches released periodically. Think last updates are usually in the March following the original release. 

Just now, Stan said:

October usually. Then updates and patches released periodically. Think last updates are usually in the March following the original release. 

So I should wait until October before upgrading from FM12?

• Administrator
Just now, Eco said:

So I should wait until October before upgrading from FM12?

Up to you mate. Maybe get to grips with fm17 before getting fm18. 

The game has changed massively since FM12! So much more to think about and so much more to be precise about. You have to be more adaptive with the new versions. 

Just now, Stan said:

Up to you mate. Maybe get to grips with fm17 before getting fm18. 

The game has changed massively since FM12! So much more to think about and so much more to be precise about. You have to be more adaptive with the new versions. 

But I made a powerhouse out of Wimbledon!

58 minutes ago, Eco said:

But I made a powerhouse out of Wimbledon!

I had a similar story on FM12 with Wimbledon but the board screwed me. Yannick Bolasie, Callum McMannaman, Frazier Campbell. You'd never see those players playing at The Kingsmeadow any time soon.

Danny - Try Pompey to build your confidence.

1 hour ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I had a similar story on FM12 with Wimbledon but the board screwed me. Yannick Bolasie, Callum McMannaman, Frazier Campbell. You'd never see those players playing at The Kingsmeadow any time soon.

Danny - Try Pompey to build your confidence.

Yeah, well I will likely download the latest version and pick Leyton Orient or some other team in Financial trouble. Those are always the most entertaining to me. 

If you want to try a lower league team maybe it would be an idea to pick a team who are at least favoured to make the play-offs/gain promotion. You will at least have a very good team in that division and if you do get promoted then the challenge can really start from there.

• Subscriber

The thing that's made me come good on this was picking a side where there were no expectations.

The catch is that team is Barnsley and you've already been them xD

I often do better abroad than in England. Seriously, do a save with someone who isn't quite at the top (so you can at least feel some kind of achievement if you do it) but is quite good as well. I'm looking at someone like Genk, Heerenveen or Sporting Lisbon.

Archived