talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - British GP - 16-18th July

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Eco said:

Lewis surely will get penalized for that...

Max was ahead and had plenty of space. 

Yup. 

Hope Max is just a bit shaken up and not injured. :/

• Subscriber

Difficult one for the stewards, I don't think either of them were massively at fault there but Verstappen ends up out of the race and Hamilton gets a free pit stop with the red flag. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hamilton get penalised because of that.

Just now, JoshBRFC said:

Racing incident? 

Given the pathetic punishments this season he probably will get something. 

Not based on how they have seen incidents this year. Max was ahead, and Lewis takes the turn wider than he needed to. Clearly a penalty on Lewis. 

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Difficult one for the stewards, I don't think either of them were massively at fault there but Verstappen ends up out of the race and Hamilton gets a free pit stop with the red flag. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hamilton get penalised because of that.

He should. Lewis runs wide on that turn and doesn't give him the space that is required. 

• Subscriber

Hamilton has to get a penalty there for me. Verstappen was pretty naughty at turn 1 as well though, left the track and rejoined to keep the lead. Thought Hamilton was aggressive moving slightly across on the Wellington Straight as well, but probably within reason. I think at Copse, Verstappen left enough space for Hamilton on the inside if he didn't run slightly wide of the apex. To be honest, they've both been so aggressive on that opening lap (which is good for us as viewers) that by the law of averages, they're going to have a collision like that effectively. I'll be surprised if Lewis doesn't get penalised which makes this an open goal for Bottas.

1 minute ago, JoshBRFC said:

50/50 racing incident for me. :what: Hopefully they don’t feel the pressure to punish Lewis and make the right decision. 

If they call this a racing incident after how they have ruled earlier, then this is just a load of shit. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

If they call this a racing incident after how they have ruled earlier, then this is just a load of shit. 

Maybe they’ve learned from the pathetic punishments they’ve given this season? Hopefully that’s the case. 

The more I see it, the more it’s a clear racing incident. Let them race ffs.

Just now, JoshBRFC said:

The more I see it, the more it’s a clear racing incident. Let them race ffs.

I think normally it could be a racing incident. Both drivers could have done better, but the rules and rulings in the past give it to the person in front, and that was Max in this case and Lewis had room to spare and survived the wreck. 

I'd be shocked if there wasn't a penalty. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived