• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - British GP - 16-18th July

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

What was that strategy on Perez' car!?

yeah no kidding. What a nightmare for RB today. 

Leclerc is flying today. I'm sad Max is out, but it's so nice to see Ferrari doing well again. 

Alonso having a quietly solid day. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Max's radio after the crash :3_grin:

Damn - that is hard to listen to. 

That's got to be so scary to hear from Horner's point of view. Ugh..

It's sad, but Tsunoda is so bad. 

There are some drivers in F1 that take up space and need to get out. Not saying Tusnoda is one since it's his first year, but I can think of 2-3 drivers that need to go away. 

So frustrating, for as long as I like Charles, not seeing Max and Lewis go out it has made this a rather blah race. No real fighting for position. 

If we ever needed proof that Max and Lewis are head and shoulders above everyone else, this is another example. 

Well done to Lewis. 

Well done Lewis. 

Good race from leclerc. 

Bottas sucks

Norris and Danny had a solid race and are still one of the most consistent teams. 

Haas are the new Williams. 

• Punt your main rival off 
  • He gets zero points 
  • You only get a 10 second penalty which doesn't even affect you because you have the fastest car
  • Profit. 

:ph34r::219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Eco said:

So frustrating, for as long as I like Charles, not seeing Max and Lewis go out it has made this a rather blah race. No real fighting for position. 

If we ever needed proof that Max and Lewis are head and shoulders above everyone else, this is another example. 

Well done to Lewis. 

Clearly. They’re both head and shoulders above. Hopefully we see more race action between them.

• Subscriber

This is why the stewards intervene in racing incidents. Even with a 10 second penalty, he wins the race and takes home 26 points and Verstappen has none following an incident which they both could have done more to avoid. Yes, that's racing, but Hamilton is a very, very, very lucky boy. Nothing against him so don't go lumping me in with the 'salty tears' brigade, but it's the third time this season he has had a significant and pretty lucky swing in the championship in his favour following his mistake at Imola that got swept away by the red flag and Max's tyre blowout in Baku.

We'll hear a lot about this into the evening and the next week from Red Bull.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Christian Horner looking for the nearest camera team. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

This is why the stewards intervene in racing incidents. Even with a 10 second penalty, he wins the race and takes home 26 points and Verstappen has none following an incident which they both could have done more to avoid. Yes, that's racing, but Hamilton is a very, very, very lucky boy. Nothing against him so don't go lumping me in with the 'salty tears' brigade, but it's the third time this season he has had a significant and pretty lucky swing in the championship in his favour following his mistake at Imola that got swept away by the red flag and Max's tyre blowout in Baku.

No doubt Lewis has made mistakes this season and Max has been quite flawless. But Lewis has had some has bad luck which was out of his hands. He looked nail on to win in both Baku and France but his pit-stops messed him up, so he's had bad luck along with his mistakes. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived