Chelsea vs Burnley

Crystal Palace vs Wolves

Sunday 7th November, 2021
Everton vs Tottenham, 14.00

Leeds vs Leicester, 14.00

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First goal we conceded was an absolute gift and I'm not sure how we've conceded that.

Our current issue going forward is that we're relying on Marcus Forss to come on and make difference, Yoann Wissa was signed to start or to provide that support from the bench but without him we're relying on a player who probably isn't cut out for this level yet.

No Ajer in defence also makes a big difference for us, he has been an absolute rock all season and was worth every penny paid for him. It's no coincidence that the last 4 games he's missed, we've lost. His leadership would have been massively useful especially in the last two games where we've had a mini injury crisis.

Last week Thomas Frank said we've played 2 bad halves of football all season, first half today will make a third. The international break has come at a good time, we can re-charge, get players fit and go again. Once we cut out the lacklustre starts that have crept in over the last two games we should be able to pick up some points again

32 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Yea, for all our domination we couldn't shoot for shit... 

Frustrating but not too fussed. Performance was very good. Drew 1-1 but we played better than when we beat Villa 3-0. 

Karma for Brentford I suppose. International break coming at a good time as I feel Lukaku would've been a big help tonight. 

When the commentator said Rodriguez has scored four times vs Chelsea as he was coming on I suspected he would create something.  Needed Rudiger to play them onside too. 

Not a disaster though disappointing as plenty of opportunities just not clinical.

44 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Frustrating but not too fussed. Performance was very good.

Can't argue with that... Much as though it's games like this where we need to be getting all the points it's going to happen from time to time.. 

I did like Tuchel's comments after our win at Newcastle where they asked him about the results for City and Liverpool where they dropped points and he said it's not a time to celebrate results elsewhere and we should just concentrate on ourselves, What goes around comes around he said and this is exactly what he meant...  

4 hours ago, Danny said:

First goal we conceded was an absolute gift and I'm not sure how we've conceded that.

Our current issue going forward is that we're relying on Marcus Forss to come on and make difference, Yoann Wissa was signed to start or to provide that support from the bench but without him we're relying on a player who probably isn't cut out for this level yet.

No Ajer in defence also makes a big difference for us, he has been an absolute rock all season and was worth every penny paid for him. It's no coincidence that the last 4 games he's missed, we've lost. His leadership would have been massively useful especially in the last two games where we've had a mini injury crisis.

Last week Thomas Frank said we've played 2 bad halves of football all season, first half today will make a third. The international break has come at a good time, we can re-charge, get players fit and go again. Once we cut out the lacklustre starts that have crept in over the last two games we should be able to pick up some points again

I think you suffer a bit what we went through last season, creating enough chances to win games on paper but lacking the clinical edge required to take those chances at this level.

Brilliant win. Wolves were our biggest challenge at home this year but we persevered.

Conor Gallagher was brilliant at pressing and winning the ball further up the pitch. Defenders and Goalkeepers have no time on the ball when he's playing. James McArthur is another one who had a very good game too. Having a hard working midfielder whose technically as good as McArthur is a real asset and has been for eight years.

Wolves didn't really threaten our goal and that's a credit to the back four. I was worried for Ward and Mitchell at the start of this season adapting to this new season but they're doing very well and the partnership of Guehi/Anderson looked like they worked with each other for years. Looking at some of the names in that England squad, I wouldn't be surprised to see Guehi in the England squad at Qatar.

What a day for VAR too. I thought Wilf was offside at the time and that Wolves had a penalty. Clearly they weren't.

• Administrator

Unsure how today will go. Two sides not playing to their full potential and both have so much more to give. Think Leeds will outdo us fitness-wise. They have far too much energy for us but something seems to be not clicking for them. Whereas we are sometimes too cautious and ponderous. Once we play in full flow we can be unstoppable and actually entertaining to watch. 

Which is why I think we need to scrap our slow start and attempts at controlling the game at 0-0. Need to get at Leeds from the start and play forwards frequently. I'd drop the back 3 and return to a back 4. Maddison, Youri and Ndidi in midfield. Barnes, Vardy and Iheanacho as a front 3.

• Subscriber

Be round my Mum and Dad's later. If it were down to me I genuinely might not watch the game. If nobody else brings it up then I won't. Congratulations in advance to @Storts. Kane always gets at least 2 against us and I've read on Twitter that there's about 9 Spurs players who are yet to score for the club that could feature today.

I will not make the same mistake again of failing to profit on Everton's predictable and very specific manners of incompetence.

Screenshot_20211107-112412_Chrome.jpg

• Administrator

Leeds should have had a red card. Struijk plays the ball and Vardy about to latch on to it, but ref gives offside thinking Lookman played it forward. Vardy was fouled but given offside. Checked by VAR but everything is fine apparently.

Archived