The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Abu Dhabi GP - 10-12th December, 2021

football forums

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, shut up said:

Again, like Rando, another false equivalency. This wasn't luck like Bottas taking out Red Bulls. This was the FIA directly influencing the outcome of the race. You can agree with it, but people on here are getting themselves confused and comparing apples and oranges 

If he decided to end the race under the safety car that would have influenced the race as well though. He had to decide something and one of the teams wasn't going to like it.

Just now, RondónEFC said:

Mercedes have lodged two complaints. Unless you're a fan of one or the other, nobody wants to see this decided in the stewards room or god forbid the courts. This is far from uncharted territory for F1. No less than four championships from 1988-1997 ended in controversy or deliberate crashes at the final race and some even went to the courts or the FIA headquarters.

No bias from me, Red Bull would do the same, only faster xD.

I hope this doesn't drag on.

1 minute ago, RondónEFC said:

If he decided to end the race under the safety car that would have influenced the race as well though. He had to decide something and one of the teams wasn't going to like it.

2 of my uncles hate Hamilton. When the race started I switched my phone off. I think I'll now leave it off for a few days, maybe weeks.

3 minutes ago, shut up said:

If my auntie had bollocks she'd be my uncle. Again, another false equivalency from you and you're just not getting it.

In this day and age LGBT are pushing for peoples aunties to have a pair of bollocks.

• Subscriber

One of the protests is about overtaking under the safety car. Presumably that was about Max going alongside before the restart. This happens all the time and won't come to anything.

The other protest is a bit more complicated and I believe is about the lapped cars.

• Subscriber

This overtaking behind the safety car protest is pathetic. This happens all the time. If Max gets penalised for it Red Bull can quite rightly look back to last week when Bottas should have had a slam dunk penalty for driving too slowly behind the safety car to screw Max over and how Hamilton got away with dropping too far back on the formation lap on the technicality that it was a restart not a formation lap. Even in this race, Lewis drove alongside the safety car for a few seconds, shall we penalise him as well? This of course all stems from Masi's mismanagement of the previous few races and both teams feeling constantly aggrieved.

There's a case to be made with the safety car protocol. The other protest, grow up, that's Red Bull behaviour.

This is a very ugly look for the sport. I defended Masi after Saudi Arabia because it's like a football match which is near impossible to referee but he really has brought this all upon us. Too weak and no consistency. No doubt that the radio talk between him and the teams being broadcast this year for the first time gives off this impression but the lobbying of the race director by the teams appears to be out of control right now. It's like the managers running onto the pitch and arguing with the referee.

• Subscriber

Regardless of what the outcome will be, Masi needs to go. Indecisive, inconsistent, and just seems generally unaware of well, anything. Race control and their decision making process has been a shit show throughout the whole season.

On a different note, I have to say Carlos Sainz was very impressive this season. Comes new into a complicated team like Ferrari, and finishes P5 in the Championship, two places ahead of their golden boy. 

1 hour ago, RondónEFC said:

Because that would take ages.

As for the lapped cars. It is down to the race director's discretion. The idea behind letting the lapped cars unlap themselves is so you don't have cars on three different laps, for example, having to all let each other past in the same part of the track.

The other factor is that a safety car is unfair if you're say 7th and you've just been lapped, and the guy in 6th is 4 seconds ahead of you and gets to drive off and end up a whole lap ahead of you. That's not fair on those guys either so it's another reason they let them unlap themselves.

But because it's down to the race director's discretion I suppose it's why he was able to do that today. I do think it's unprecedented though.

From what I have seen today there was two times the safety car was on the track. If they had slowed down to a low speed there may ban an extra 5 to 10 minutes of the race. Didnt seem like a lot to me but maybe I'm not understanding the f1 culture. Is it just something fans wouldn't want in a similar way fans dont like to many stockages in football or is there a bit more to it than that ?

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

From what I have seen today there was two times the safety car was on the track. If they had slowed down to a low speed there may ban an extra 5 to 10 minutes of the race. Didnt seem like a lot to me but maybe I'm not understanding the f1 culture. Is it just something fans wouldn't want in a similar way fans dont like to many stockages in football or is there a bit more to it than that ?

The drivers want the SC to go quicker so they can maintain heat in their tires. 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

RB and Merc (with their barrister) going back in to the meeting with the stewards. 

The world awaits with baited breath... 

I dont think it would be good to win that way do you? 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

No decision made as yet. Horner walking out of the meetings very happy... 

I can understand them changing the result if it was something that never happens and shouldn't have happened but if these kind if things do happen it seems unfair as hamilton would of benefited from some decisions throughout the season 

Archived