talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace 3-1 Everton - Sunday 12th December, 2021

football forums

That piece of Seamus Coleman defending was absolute comedy gold from a neutral view xD It was genuinely Sunday morning park stuff.

And the fact that Gallagher just spanked the ball home from over 20 yards just rubbed salt in the wound.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Lucas said:

That piece of Seamus Coleman defending was absolute comedy gold from a neutral view xD It was genuinely Sunday morning park stuff.

And the fact that Gallagher just spanked the ball home from over 20 yards just rubbed salt in the wound.

Wolves do it and a player gets sent off.

Everton try it and they concede.

Everton, that. :ph34r:

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Where did you finish with Ancelotti though, 9th or 10th? The squad is abysmal for the money spent. Iwobi is absolute garbage, I remember my eyes nearly bleeding seeing you’d spent 40mill on him. There are many teams better than Everton now. You should stay up but beyond that I see zero positive in those players. 

We finished 10th but we were in the hunt all season. Unless you want to be glib and say the position is all that matters. Yes 10th is 10th but the players accrued 60+ points. The home form did for us and Ancelotti should be criticised for that fair enough.

This isn't an endorsement of Ancelotti either though. We were a hard watch, he never sorted out our home performances and he was allowed to sign his own 29 year old players who can't run for a league that demands it. The difference is that we were not once in the bottom half last season, the fans were all on board with the club, the manager managed to get better performances out of what was largely the same group of players.

Benitez has all the downside of Ancelotti with none of the upside, like I said in July. At least you could call us well coached last season. There is not one thing about Everton this season that other clubs are jealous of apart from Demarai Gray.

I'm not suggesting that this group of players are good enough to challenge for the top six or anything like that. But they're better than what we're seeing. 

• The title was changed to Crystal Palace 3-1 Everton - Sunday 12th December, 2021
  • Subscriber

It amazes me with Moshiri how he ever had the competence in business to make his billions. We see these owners come and go in football. Somehow in business they must have at least made some savvy choices that paid off for them yet give them a football club and they're so bad that it's not an exaggeration to say your average punter with a season ticket could do a better job.

12 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

It amazes me with Moshiri how he ever had the competence in business to make his billions. We see these owners come and go in football. Somehow in business they must have at least made some savvy choices that paid off for them yet give them a football club and they're so bad that it's not an exaggeration to say your average punter with a season ticket could do a better job.

He’s done the training ground up and after the stadium right? Probably sells once it’s all built I’d imagine 

I've never heard a team turn on a manager like that before. The boos when Richarlison came off were defening.

Rafa's never winning this fan base over. The longer he's there the more the owners are delaying the inevitable.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

It can't be that hard to find a half-decent progressive manager though, I don't see why it's perceived as this unthinkable risk by the board when they're willing to infuriate and alienate the entire fanbase by appointing an unpopular manager who was previously washed up in the Chinese League.

Palace are doing it with Vieira, Potter is working out well at Brighton, Brentford have a manager who they can identify with. We have a manager who was good 20 years ago who commits to a low-possession game with no pressing in a league that passed his style of play by a decade ago, and we have an owner who has given him enough power to ignore the Director of Football, sack long-serving staff and alienate our best assets in the squad as reward for us sitting 14th in the league.

1 minute ago, RondónEFC said:

It can't be that hard to find a half-decent progressive manager though, I don't see why it's perceived as this unthinkable risk by the board when they're willing to infuriate and alienate the entire fanbase by appointing an unpopular manager who was previously washed up in the Chinese League.

Palace are doing it with Vieira, Potter is working out well at Brighton, Brentford have a manager who they can identify with. We have a manager who was good 20 years ago who commits to a low-possession game with no pressing in a league that passed his style of play by a decade ago, and we have an owner who has given him enough power to ignore the Director of Football, sack long-serving staff and alienate our best assets in the squad as reward for us sitting 14th in the league.

You will 100% go for Thomas Frank in the next couple of years if you still find yourself in this sort of mess

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Bill can make his feelings known all he wants, Moshiri owns over 90% of the club so will only sack Benitez when he wants to and not a minute before.

They all need to fuck off though so the more conflict and mutiny the better as long as we don't get relegated.

On a happier note that's exactly what we needed before fixtures against Southampton and Watford.

Will Hughes was every bit as useful as I hoped he'd be in midfield. A real desire to dictate and influence play and allow Conor Gallagher to push forward. Hopefully that's our midfield three settled until James McArthur returns.

The mistakes are still evident in our play. At times I thought our decision making when going forwards wasn't good and there needs to be more fluidity between the front three but that will hopefully come over time. The same with Marc Guehi who has the basis to be a future England International given his strengths but sometimes his decision making highlights that this is his first season at this level. I think we will get there with this team though.

4 hours ago, Danny said:

Feels like more than make it, Chelsea would be stupid to let him go but then again Chelsea will do what Chelsea do so who knows.

He’s signed a 5 year deal so the club and Tuchel intend on using him. Broja too. 

Archived