talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

football forum

• Administrator

Do you believe in it?

Do good in this life and you'll be rewarded in the next.

Be a bad person and you'll get your comeuppance, karma will get you etc...

Appreciate there may a religious influence behind whether you believe in it or not, or determine how you feel about it if you think it exists...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a religious sense no only because it can't be proven.... Would be nice to think that proper cunts get their comeuppance in the afterlife or their next one if such a thing exists though, it's a nice thought but that's all it is... I prefer observable instant Karma... got time for that all day long.. B|

I believe in the concept of Karma and think there are things you are meant to clear in this lifetime and other karma you might create in this lifetime.

I have had ESP experiences and so read a lot about it and other ESP phenomena.

• Subscriber

I don't believe in reincarnation/afterlife, and I also don't believe that there's some justice system in cosmos that rewards good deeds and punishes bad ones.

What I do believe though is that every action has a reaction - a simple law of cause and effect, if you wish - and not as much in relation to others, but moreso to ourselves. Our actions shape our habits and attitudes, which in turn shape our experiences and the way we see and experience reality. So yeah, I do believe in "Karma" if you equate it to some sort of mental/spiritual/psychological version of Newton's Third Law.

• Subscriber

Glen Hoddle was sacked as the England manager when he said to a newspaper that disabled people are affected by karma from past lives.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/1999/jan/30/newsstory.sport7

I do believe in reincarnation and reckon we are all reborn again after we die, it's like daffodils, they spring up nearing summertime then die off but come back the next summer.

32 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

it's like daffodils, they spring up nearing summertime then die off but come back the next summer.

I don't think humans quite work like daffodils. But don't @ me on this. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Glen Hoddle was sacked as the England manager when he said to a newspaper that disabled people are affected by karma from past lives.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/1999/jan/30/newsstory.sport7

I do believe in reincarnation and reckon we are all reborn again after we die, it's like daffodils, they spring up nearing summertime then die off but come back the next summer.

That was a sad way for Hoddle to go.

He had done well managing Chelsea then got the England job and we were doing quite well until Beckham's moment of petulance and then that car park of an interview sealed his fate at the top level.

Of course a generation later he is back as a pundit from the football wilderness.

• Administrator
23 hours ago, nudge said:

@Stan it's very bad manners to start a thread but not give your opinion on the topic :coffee: :P 

:D 

I do believe in it. I believe in reincarnation so anything I do in this life is fairly reflected in how I 'return/enter' the next, whenever that may be. 

Archived