talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Are you a picky eater?

football forum

Do you consider yourself to be a picky/fussy eater?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider yourself to be a picky/fussy eater?

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, nudge said:

1586044975-98155-picky.jpeg

I have 3 but I have never tasted them to either like or dislike.

Raw Fish
Olives
Snails

but as mentioned first off spaghetti is a no-goer for me, I can't stand it, yuk, it reminds me of worms. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, nudge said:

1 for me because I fucking hate Nutella

Bloody hell, we have to make sure we have Nutella in this flat for wee Kaiden, he loves it and I don't mind it but prefer Lotus/Biscoff spread from Belgium. 

download.png

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, nudge said:

0 from that list. Although to be fair to anyone that has tried a horrible variant /combination of some of the items listed I can see why they'd never want to ever try it again. Also, have to agree about Nutella, don't see the craze and it may just also be because I don't care much for the taste of hazlenut with chocolate.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Toinho said:

Wtf Nutella is amazing 

7 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Bloody hell, we have to make sure we have Nutella in this flat for wee Kaiden, he loves it and I don't mind it but prefer Lotus/Biscoff spread from Belgium. 

download.png

I generally dislike overly sweet and overly fatty stuff (and my stomach doesn't process it well), so it's probably not surprising that a spread consisting of sugar and palm oil + 5 hazelnuts isn't going to be something I eat... :P And I hear some people actually spread butter in additon to Nutella...I'd be sick if I tried a bite of that 😅

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, nudge said:

:P And I hear some people actually spread butter in additon to Nutella...I'd be sick if I tried a bite of that 😅

That's me, butter on first then the Nutella or Biscoff, I do the same with peanut butter too. :x

50 minutes ago, nudge said:

I generally dislike overly sweet and overly fatty stuff (and my stomach doesn't process it well), so it's probably not surprising that a spread consisting of sugar and palm oil + 5 hazelnuts isn't going to be something I eat... :P And I hear some people actually spread butter in additon to Nutella...I'd be sick if I tried a bite of that 😅

Tbh I’m not a huge hazelnut fan I just had a flashback to some amazing crepes I’ve had with Nutella on 😂

14 hours ago, nudge said:

I have tried everything on there except oysters and I had snails in front of me in a bar once and I didn’t give it a go. No idea why. 

On that list I wouldn’t eat: 

shrimp, liver, blue cheese and peanut butter (allergy) 

I only like olives on pizza so will keep them on the list for now. And as I haven’t tried those ones in my first paragraph I’d be willing to give them a go. 

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, nudge said:

What are the others?

Blue cheese, snails, tofu, liver.

I think had I been shown that list about 10 yrs ago, it'd be at least 15-20 strong! 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Toinho said:

I have tried everything on there except oysters and maybe cottage cheese (I’m not sure if I have?). I had snails in front of me in a bar once and I didn’t give it a go. No idea why. 

On that list I wouldn’t eat: 

shrimp, liver, blue cheese and peanut butter (allergy) 

I only like olives on pizza so will keep them on the list for now. And as I haven’t tried those ones in my first paragraph I’d be willing to give them a go. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Blue cheese, snails, tofu, liver.

I think had I been shown that list about 10 yrs ago, it'd be at least 15-20 strong! 

Liver, when done right, is really really good. I can maybe understand why fried liver might sound and look unappealing, but it's sooooo good when it's tender and served with caramelised onions and mash. However, what about liver pate? Or liver sausage? Absolutely incredible for me to imagine that people actually haven't tried it!

I also absolutely love chicken hearts. Haven't had it for years though.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Liver, when done right, is really really good. I can maybe understand why fried liver might sound and look unappealing, but it's sooooo good when it's tender and served with caramelised onions and mash. However, what about liver pate? Or liver sausage? Absolutely incredible for me to imagine that people actually haven't tried it!

I also absolutely love chicken hearts. Haven't had it for years though.

Ahh I have had liver. Just that I wouldn't eat it again! 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Ahh I have had liver. Just that I wouldn't eat it again! 

Yeah I misread it completely xD I love liver pate/liver sausage, I could eat copious amounts of it... Spread it on some rye or sourdough bread and put a slice of a pickled cucumber or a pearl onion on top 🤤

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, Stan said:

Liver, when done right, is really really good.

It's weird, there are certain things the wife won't cook like liver & haggis, she hates the smell and looks of them, I can't remember the last time I had liver but if I feel like a meal with liver I would get our daughter to cook it for me.

As for haggis, well, it's what haggis is that makes the wife go yuk, sheep's inners but I love it, for years she put me off it as she would never cook it but when I was working a few years ago they had haggis on the works canteen menu with turnip & tatties so I thought I would try it and I loved it.

Haggis is better rolled and then sliced and have that with a full Scottish breakfast it's ace, another food item the wife won't touch is black pudding because that is dipped in animal blood, Liz will eat white pudding instead.

Talking of a full Scottish breakfast has made me bloody hungry xD

A.png

On 23/07/2022 at 03:31, CaaC (John) said:

That's me, butter on first then the Nutella or Biscoff, I do the same with peanut butter too. :x

This must be an old Australian/British thing because my grandparents and my mother would slather so much butter on everything that as a kid I was convinced I hated butter. I didn't hate it, they just used too much, they’d make me jam, vegemite, peanut butter, or honey sandwiches for school and instead mainly being jam or vegemite they’d be 90% butter. I remember seeing poppy slather a piece of white bread with probably near a tablespoon of butter, then he’d put half a tin of condensed milk in his coffee.

On 23/07/2022 at 04:54, Stan said:

5 I would not eat, or want to eat. 

But 1 of those is beef which is for religious reasons. 

I didn’t take you for a particularly orthodox religious man. 

Archived