talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Are you a picky eater?

football forum

Do you consider yourself to be a picky/fussy eater?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider yourself to be a picky/fussy eater?

• Subscriber

Welcome to another thread of Talk Food 365 :ph34r:

What the title says - are you a picky eater? Are there any food items/textures/flavours that you hate with passion? How open/adventurous are you when it comes to trying new foods? 

If you're not a picky eater - is there any food you wouldn't try?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Unsure nowadays, as they say when you get older your taste buds change where once upon a time some foods you could not eat.

A while ago I could not stand the likes of cooked carrots, mixed veg or Brussel sprouts but I love them now, especially with a roast dinner and gravy.

But long spaghetti is a no-goer for me, I don't like the looks or the smell of it, if the wife makes bolognese then I will have that with taglietti, and curry I will have with chips. 

• Subscriber

Never been a picky eater, and I consider myself pretty open to trying new stuff, with some exceptions probably. I definitely have my preferences and whatnot, but I'm generally willing to eat most of the things.

Thinking about it, the only thing I can remember that used to hate with passion was semolina porridge. Bloody hated it as a kid; both the texture and the taste. Actually never tried it ever since, but I don't find it so repulsive now, at least in my mind...

And some things are definitely an acquired taste. I remember not liking olives as an adolescent, but I can't get enough of it these days. 

Yes and No... 

I will try anything once just for the experience because although some foods don't look that great upon first viewing they can be very tasty so in that regard I am not a picky eater, but if I have tried something and don't like it then yes I become a bit picky about what I shove in my mouth.. 

Off the top of my head there is only one food I have not and will not try and that's Macaroni Cheese.. don't ask me why, it just does not appeal to me in any way shape or form.. It looks awful and therefore it must be awful, that's my take on it.. My missus used to say how can you tell you don't like it if you never tasted it before?? and I said if I see dog poo on the path I don't need to put it in my mouth to know it's going to taste like shit.. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Yes and No... 

I will try anything once just for the experience because although some foods don't look that great upon first viewing they can be very tasty so in that regard I am not a picky eater, but if I have tried something and don't like it then yes I become a bit picky about what I shove in my mouth.. 

Off the top of my head there is only one food I have not and will not try and that's Macaroni Cheese.. don't ask me why, it just does not appeal to me in any way shape or form.. It looks awful and therefore it must be awful, that's my take on it.. My missus used to say how can you tell you don't like it if you never tasted it before?? and I said if I see dog poo on the path I don't need to put it in my mouth to know it's going to taste like shit.. 

Yeah, having preferences and liking some things more than the others is perfectly fine; don't think that constitutes a picky eater. For me it's more the degree of it - some people are extremely picky in a sense that they have an extensive list of regular things they don't eat, and will refuse any meal that contains it... 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Yeah, having preferences and liking some things more than the others is perfectly fine; don't think that constitutes a picky eater. For me it's more the degree of it - some people are extremely picky in a sense that they have an extensive list of regular things they don't eat, and will refuse any meal that contains it... 

In that case I am NOT a picky eater... B|

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

0 for me.... I have to admit though I have not tried Snails, Tofu or Nutella Spread.. 

1 for me because I fucking hate Nutella 😂 haven't tried snails either. Tofu is meh, but eatable.

Just now, nudge said:

1 for me because I fucking hate Nutella 😂 haven't tried snails either. Tofu is meh, but eatable.

I hear horrible things about Nutella... maybe that's why I have so far avoided it, The grandkids have a jar in the house but I have never been tempted to try it.. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

I hear horrible things about Nutella... maybe that's why I have so far avoided it, The grandkids have a jar in the house but I have never been tempted to try it.. 

It's just a shitload of sugar and palm oil with artificial hazelnut flavour and glue-like consistency. Overly sweet and sticky. 

Talking about that, I was tempted to buy and try Marmite yesterday... xD

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

10. I wouldn't call that picky though. :ph34r: Also I may or may not be allergic to one of these, so that doesn't count. 

Hmm let me guess - crab, oysters, raw fish, shrimp, snails, liver, olives? What else? :o

Hmm let me guess - crab, oysters, raw fish, shrimp, snails, liver, olives? What else? :o

Coffee, Asparagus and I counted mushrooms. But I eat the latter sometimes, like when the Chinese food gets delivered with some even though they were not listed on the menu. 

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's just a shitload of sugar and palm oil with artificial hazelnut flavour and glue-like consistency. Overly sweet and sticky. 

Talking about that, I was tempted to buy and try Marmite yesterday... xD

The smell alone makes me heave... I am a hater

One for Tommy to try though... :ph34r:

See the source image

37 minutes ago, nudge said:

1586044975-98155-picky.jpeg

Discounting the stuff that will kill me, I have only 1 point but that is because of childhood trauma not because of taste. My family used to torment me (when I was very, very, young) that asparagus was frogs legs; now I have a mental block on the stuff, I don't even dislike it when I've had it unintentionally I just can't bring myself to eat it. The ironic thing is that I'd eat frog's legs no problem.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Discounting the stuff that will kill me, I have only 1 point but that is because of childhood trauma not because of taste. My family used to torment me (when I was very, very, young) that asparagus was frogs legs; now I have a mental block on the stuff, I don't even dislike it when I've had it unintentionally I just can't bring myself to eat it. The ironic thing is that I'd eat frog's legs no problem.

Wtf. Why would they do that... Shouldn't families encourage kids to eat veggies instead of traumatizing them 😅

Also agree about frog legs, I had it and can confirm it's very tasty.

And yeah, allergies and stuff don't count of course. 

Wtf. Why would they do that... Shouldn't families encourage kids to eat veggies instead of traumatizing them 😅

Also agree about frog legs, I had it and can confirm it's very tasty.

And yeah, allergies and stuff don't count of course. 

Because it's funny,, my family also like to hide behind things just to scare each other.

I think pickiness isn't about the variety of foods eaten but being particular about it. It's one thing to say "I only like margherita pizza' and 'I only like margherita pizza made to this exact specifications and if it isn't ideal I won't touch it'.

Archived