talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

40 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Jai is amazing, he will unify at cruiser and then be a heavyweight champ. I see a similar path to that of Usyk. 

Mark de Mori should never have been in there in the fight before the above. 

Good card though, not even watched the big premier league game, boxing always wins, over any sport B|.

Yep, great night so far and top heavy weight boxing wins over any football match :twothumbsup:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Why is everyone so surprised by this fight? 

Wilder has never been an elite boxer and his resume is Fury and Ortiz who was 86 years old. 

He needs a knockout going into the last 3 rounds. Parker has won every round. 

Yeah, the whole thing about Wilder is that he's not an amazing boxer but he was a magic punch. Seen him get out boxed many times but then once punch and he's won. Not a sustainable tactic.

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Yeah, the whole thing about Wilder is that he's not an amazing boxer but he was a magic punch. Seen him get out boxed many times but then once punch and he's won. Not a sustainable tactic.

Exactly, he's never been the best boxer, but it's Wilder's ferocious knockout punch that he's used to finish everyone he's fought(except for Fury), that's given him this fearsome reputation. But has his ability to utilise that punch and execute the finishing blow at the top level of boxing finished? Parker won a huge points victory over Wilder today, with Wilder unable to land anything significantly damaging. 

Parker is a top boxer, but not an elite heavyweight. Joshua easily defeated Parker on points several years ago and Parker has also lost to the likes of Dillian Whyte on points as well as being knocked out by Joe Joyce. After this defeat, I dare say that a lot more heavyweights will be less afraid of taking on Wilder and his powerful punching power, because they will fancy their chances of doing a similar job to what Parker did on Wilder this night. I also think that this defeat makes Tyson Fury's 3 wins over Wilder look less impressive. Although Fury getting up from the canvas after that powerful punch from Wilder in their first fight will always be admirable.

I have to say I was very impressed with Joshua's win over Wallin. Joshua was always the favourite to win, but for him to do a demolition job right from the start against a very respected boxer like Wallin was very impressive. Joshua won every round and he simply outclassed Wallin with his boxing skills and his punching power. This has to be one of Joshua's best performances of his career, it was a very impressive win.

If Wilder were to fight Joshua, I think we all know now that Joshua would be a clear favourite to win. Moreover, Joshua against Fury would also now be a 50/50 fight, whereas before tonight's fights, Fury would have been the favourite. It was also good to see Dubois win his fight against Miller, although it was kind of expected.

On 21/12/2023 at 15:00, Happy Blue said:

Wilder could struggle with Parker. he's the only boxer who could beat or lose to anyone :4_joy: he cant box but has that big right cannon which makes him dangerous in any fight but i think if Parker keeps him on the back foot he has a real chance to beat Wilder the way Fury did

I thought Wilder might be getting out of his depth with Parker, he's never beaten any top heavyweight, total fraud just has that big punch but cant box for shit

On 22/12/2023 at 15:34, Happy Blue said:

AJ is going to leave Wallin in a heap of his own piss, blood and shit early doors though in a totally one sided onslaught 

We had the blood, maybe the piss and 100% shit when Wallin didn't come out for the 6th round :4_joy: totally one sided like i thought it would be

• Subscriber

Very enjoyable card overall. Enjoyed that! Saudi is now what Vegas was 20 years ago. 

All of the fights went the way I expected to be honest, I wouldn’t even say there were any real upsets. A big upset would have been Bivol, Hergovic, AJ getting beat. 

Joshua with the performance of the night. 

It’s time for our end of year P4P lists based on the results during 2023.

I've not watched too much boxing as I usually do this year. Am relying more on results than fights I've seen.

1) Crawford

2) Inoue

3) Usyk

4) Haney

5) Tank Davis

6) Bivol

7) Beterbiev

😎 Canelo *

9) Teo Lopez

10) Jesse Rodriguez

* Has previously tested positive for PEDs.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

It’s time for our end of year P4P lists based on the results during 2023.

I've not watched too much boxing as I usually do this year. Am relying more on results than fights I've seen.

1) Crawford

2) Inoue

3) Usyk

4) Haney

5) Tank Davis

6) Bivol

7) Beterbiev

😎 Canelo *

9) Teo Lopez

10) Jesse Rodriguez

* Has previously tested positive for PEDs.

For me it’s

1) Usyk

2) Inoue

3)Crawford

4)Haney

5)Bivol

6)Tank

7)Canelo

8)Shakur

9)Beterbiev

10)Bam 

• Upvote 1

Not into P4P rankings, it's bollox. the only thing that matters is who would win in a fight, claiming to be the best fighter on the planet who couldn't beat a journey man in another weight class :4_joy: ..who ever is ruling the heavy weight division is more than likely the best fighter. stick Crawford in with Usyk, see what happens lol

P4P Boxer rankings

1) Usyk

2) Joshua

3) Fury

4) Zhang

5) Parker

6) Wilder

7) Hrgovic

8. Dubios

9) Whyte

10) Ruiz JR

The P4P top 10 outside the the heavyweights ranked are doing nothing with any of these

Edited by Happy Blue

13 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Not into P4P rankings, it's bollox. the only thing that matters is who would win in a fight, claiming to be the best fighter on the planet who couldn't beat a journey man in another weight class :4_joy: ..who ever is ruling the heavy weight division is more than likely the best fighter. stick Crawford in with Usyk, see what happens lol

Chisora is top.

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, MUFC said:

Anthony Joshua vs Francis Ngannou.

Yep. He beat Fury in his debut so can understand why it’s happening. 

Wilder fight is off now as he lost. Fury and Usyk are tied up to 2 fights. One of the belts will become vacant after their first fight due to mandatory’s, and I imagine AJ will then fight Hergovic for a world title. Then the winner of Fury - Usyk fights. Assuming he continues winning, of course.