talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

At least AJ is a decent boxer, not great by any means, but decent. Certainly not as big of a fraud as that prince prick who was exposed to the fullest by a vastly superior boxer..

@Carnivore Chris was Barrera that good or the opponent and his amateurish skills were that awful and ineffective?

I agree the Prince and his limitations got exposed that fight. But the truth is he was in decline for a few years before this fight. He'd stopped running as part of his training and rather then the coaches who made him who he was training him. He was being trained by his brothers. He took a beating this fight, but unlike Joshua he never got knocked down once this fight, he took punishment and unlike Joshua has a really solid chin. It was his only defeat and he was never once knocked out in his career. Joshua was twatted and exposed much more then the prince was.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

At least AJ is a decent boxer, not great by any means, but decent. Certainly not as big of a fraud as that prince prick who was exposed to the fullest by a vastly superior boxer..

@Carnivore Chris was Barrera that good or the opponent and his amateurish skills were that awful and ineffective?

Naseem retired a year later. He was just out of shape and his heart wasn't in it anymore, not to mention breaking his hand badly in his previous fight, and having surgery. He also had to lose more than 2 stone in 2 months before the fight. I would never ever judge him off this performance.  I genuinely believe that he could have been one of the all time greats, especially in this county. He just cut too many corners. He's still regarded highly and features on these elite lists, despite all what i just said. But he should still be featured higher.  In their prime's,  Naseem would have beat Barrera.

Last fought at 28, what a waste.

Edited by JOSHBRFC

14 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Naseem retired a year later. He was just out of shape and his heart wasn't in it anymore, not to mention breaking his hand badly in his previous fight, and having surgery. He also had to lose more than 2 stone in 2 months before the fight. I would never ever judge him off this performance.  I genuinely believe that he could have been one of the all time greats, especially in this county. He just cut too many corners. He's still regarded highly and features on these elite lists, despite all what i just said. But he should still be featured higher.  In their prime's,  Naseem would have beat Barrera.

Agree with it all. Did you hear that he was going to fight Mayweather? I think a catch weight at 128.

5 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

P4P(cbs.com)

1. Canelo Alvarez
52-1-2, 31 KOsMiddleweight (unified), light heavyweight champion

Winning a title in his fourth division by stopping 175-pound titleholder Sergey Kovalev in November has Alvarez approaching the status of all-time great. Already the biggest star in boxing, he has made a compelling case as its best fighter overall thanks to his willingness to seek the toughest challenges available. 

2. Vasiliy Lomachenko
14-1, 10 KOs
Unified lightweight champion

Despite fighting in a division far above his optimal weight, Lomachenko continues to dazzle. He secured a third 135-pound title in August by outpointing Luke Campbell in a sensational duel. Lomachenko's future plans likely include a chance at becoming an undisputed champion against the Dec. 14 winner of Richard Commey-Teofimo Lopez Jr.  

3. Naoya Inoue     18-0, 16 KOs
Unified bantamweight champion

Each time the Japanese "Monster" moves up in weight, he seems to carry his power in even scarier ways. Yet it was a hard-fought decision win over Hall-of-Famer Nonito Donaire in the World Boxing Super Series final that finally forced him to show his chin, speed and boxing ability was just as elite.  

4. Terence Crawford35-0, 25 KOs
Welterweight champion

The only thing that appears to be stopping the sublime Crawford's ascension of the P4P throne is a lack of access to the best welterweights in the world. The network and promotional divide continues to keep Crawford on an island. He will face mandatory opponent Egidijus "Mean Machine" Kavaliauskas in December.  

5. Errol Spence Jr.26-0, 21 KOs
Unified welterweight champion

Fresh off a split-decision win over Shawn Porter to unify titles, Spence survived a high-speed car crash in which he was ejected from his vehicle. Although he miraculously emerged without any broken bones, it's still too soon to know when -- or even if -- Spence plans on returning.

6. Oleksandr Usyk
17-0, 13 KOs
Heavyweight/undisputed cruiserweight champion--

After injury delayed his debut, Usyk finally showcased his craft on the heavyweight level when he stopped late replacement Chazz Witherspoon in October. While it was far from a specular performance, it was a typically strong, technical effort from the southpaw who still needs to prove his chin is heavyweight material. 

7. Manny Pacquiao62-7-2, 39 KOs
Welterweight champion--

At the age of 40, Pacquiao produced one of his most impressive wins by dropping and outpointing Keith Thurman in their July PPV bout to win a world title. With his speed and power incredibly still existing at an elite level, Pacquiao has countless options including rumored interest in Mikey Garcia.  

8. Juan Francisco Estrada
40-3, 27 KOs
Junior bantamweight champion--

At 29, "El Gallo" remains one of the most unsung elite competitors in the sport. His hard-fought decision win over 115-pound king Srisaket Sor Rungvisai in their April rematch was a reminder of just how great Estrada is. 

9. Artur Beterbiev    
15-0, 15 KOs
Unified light heavyweight champion--

Welcome to the Beterbiev era at 175 pounds. The Russian slugger unified a pair of titles and captured the lineal crown with an October dismantling of fellow unbeaten Oleksandr Gvodzyk, and did so with the perfect mix of power and craft.  

10. Gennadiy Golovkin
40-1-1, 35 KOs
Middleweight champion--

Although he was able to bite down and eke out a debated decision against Sergiy Derevyanchenko in their October thriller, it's clear that GGG has lost a step. At 37, Golovkin still has the power and chin to be in any fight he signs up for, but can he still beat the true elites? Only time will tell.

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Callum Smith looked very poor there. Wasn't scoring it but all three cards seemed too wide and harsh on Ryder

Yes, harsh on Ryder. Weird performance from Smith. I will tell anyone who listens that he's the best in the World at 168 and he can beat Canelo. But all due respect to John Ryder, Smith should be beating him much easier than that. 

8 wins away from reaching Money Mayweather's undefeated record (albeit with one draw) 

He has finished 95% of his opponents, that's a way better KO efficiency than legends like rocky m. , foreman, and Tyson...

BUT BUT HE HASNT FOUGHT ANYONE (THE HATERS) I will look for the image later after work but it was a comparison of the opponents of both Wilder and Tyson. Wilder of course had the tougher opponents, so find another lame ass excuse although yall are running out of them. xD

Adam smith, head of sky sports boxing:

Adam Smith, the head of boxing at Sky Sports, was full of praise for Wilder after the heavyweight's 42nd win (41 wins by knockout).

"It's freakish power," Smith said in a separate iFL TV video. "You go back through history and you think of the likes of George Foreman, Ernie Shavers, and that sort of era, Mike Tyson, [Lennox] Lewis, [Riddick] Bowe, [Evander] Holyfield, the Klitschkos … he has unbelievable power. He just needs one punch.

"Ortiz boxed well round after round. And you thought, 'Is [Wilder] actually running out of rounds here?' But it can happen any time between one and 12.

"He found the punch again. The right hand, straight through the middle, game over."

Wilder prior to the fight(surprise surprise he was 100% correct) 

The opponents need to box perfectly through the 36 minute, 12 round distance, while I only need to be perfect for the second required to throw and land my hardest punch.:what:

I can help but laugh at the fact that you still have some simpletons who actually believe AJ is better than the 205 legend (just read what Ortiz had to say about wilder. )

On 24/11/2019 at 19:58, 6666 said:

On one hand, Deontay Wilder never looks impressive. On the other hand, that one punch is devastating so fair enough.

Well Ortiz is a much better boxer than Wilder. But as you have said, that punch of Wilder's is absolutely devastating and when he connects cleanly, it's good night to the opponent. Only Tyson Fury was miraculously able to stand up again after being hit clean by one of Deontay's devastating punches. Deontay is definitely the hardest puncher in the world, but he's definitely not the best boxer in his division. But so long as he can connect cleanly on a consistent basis when fighting, then he will probably remain undefeated and potentially become the undisputable dominant force in the division.

On 15/11/2019 at 17:27, JOSHBRFC said:

That's very true. To call Hamed a fraud is simply not being fair at all. He was arguably one of the most naturally gifted boxer ever. He also had one of the hardest punches ever in his weight division, on top of his natural boxing skills. But he was a terrible proffesional, with a bad attitude. As you have said, for the Barrera fight, he had to drop down so much weight in such a small space of time, come fight time he was quite drained. But like you intimated, he was past his best at that stage of his career anyway. Too much partying and indiscipline was part of his downfall, although he also never seemed to stick to the basics of boxing, like having your guard up when needed. 

He could of achieved so much more had he been more disciplined and had he listened more to his coaches. Despite this, he will rightfully always be remembered as one of the most naturally talented boxers ever.

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 20:19, JOSHBRFC said:

Yes, harsh on Ryder. Weird performance from Smith. I will tell anyone who listens that he's the best in the World at 168 and he can beat Canelo. But all due respect to John Ryder, Smith should be beating him much easier than that. 

Personally thought Ryder won it, Smith lucky to be a Hearn fighter in front of his home crowd.

10 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

So bloody nervous for Saturday. Heavyweight boxing.... anyone can win. Come on AJ. 

Although I see AJ having a better fight, I still think Ruiz will once again defeat him.. no KO though.

Canelo's trainer response to the potential opponent for the May fight: "The Golovkin trilogy, Callum Smith, John Ryder, Billy Joe Saunders." 

During their open workout sessions on Tuesday the difference in hand speed was staggering. Ruiz launching quick combinations while in comparison, AJ looked slow as molasses. 

AJ claiming on the BBC Five Live Boxing Podcast yesterday that he's lost 'about a stone' since the first bout.