talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Donald Trump

football forum

11 hours ago, Harry said:

Romney has taken to being the only one to speak out against trump. However he's almost certainly saying what many in the Republican party are thinking about the Roger Stone pardoning. 

Even still this is pretty extreme language.

Robert Mueller spoke out too. Although I think a little bit too late after letting his investigation be brushed aside.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Robert Mueller spoke out too. Although I think a little bit too late after letting his investigation be brushed aside.

Anything Mueller says almost gets lost I think because it's stated so factually and "by the book". 

He doesn't embellish. He doesn't get animated or compose arguments. He just states facts.

It's the way you expect a law enforcement official to operate but in a hyper sensationalized media cycle it almost struggles to cut through I think.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Anything Mueller says almost gets lost I think because it's stated so factually and "by the book". 

He doesn't embellish. He doesn't get animated or compose arguments. He just states facts.

It's the way you expect a law enforcement official to operate but in a hyper sensationalized media cycle it almost struggles to cut through I think.

Idk I read through most of that report and I think the US media handled it pretty poorly by always looking at it through the lens of what Barr said... rather than what the redacted report said.

I thought it was very strange Mueller stood by on the sidelines while his report was misinterpreted. Collusion, which isn’t a crime... but conspiracy is and it’s the same thing, couldn’t be proven because of Stone’s obstruction of justice. But it’s notable he said something now, given how quiet he’s been.

The assumption is that there's a significant portion of Republican voters who aren't fully onboard the trump train. If that is the case, and it seems plausible that it would be, then surely the below is among the most effective ads you could run to turn that doubt into rebellion. 

Hmmm I think things could get pretty ugly before the election if this weird gestapo crackdown of Portland is a test run for November.

Unidentifiable federal “police” that look like soldiers are terrorising Portland now under the guise of “restoring the peace”

He should be impeached again just for this, as well as the mass manslaughter that is his covid response 

5 hours ago, Harry said:

It was a good interview, but I doubt it does anything to sway voters at this point. You either know he's a blubbering moron, which the interview showed, or you absolutely love him and you probably didn't watch the interview because he's tweeted about how unfair it is.

I think the most pressing issue in US politics right now is what the fuck is happening in Portland. It's pretty scary, tbh. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/20/us/portland-protests-navy-christopher-david.html

Many Americans that warned about federal overreach and illegal policing are now the ones who stand on the side of these mysterious federal police forces that are kidnapping people off the streets and teargassing people and beating people as they please.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It’s been happening tbh. These gestapo tactics we’re seeing in big cities in America is the prelude to how he fucks with this election after Congress tells him to go fuck himself in trying to delay the election.

If the election isn’t delayed he’s going to suppress voting with his unmarked military forces that kidnap people off the streets. He’s already spent the last few weeks normalising this.

• Subscriber

The writing was on the wall so its not that surprising. The guy is a straight up Fascist. When he couldnt stop mail in voting he then appointed one of his friends head of USPS and theres been word that theyve been purposely delaying mail service. Theres just too much to go on about I dont even know. This presidency will be studied and talked about for decades to come. 

6 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

The writing was on the wall so its not that surprising. The guy is a straight up Fascist. When he couldnt stop mail in voting he then appointed one of his friends head of USPS and theres been word that theyve been purposely delaying mail service. Theres just too much to go on about I dont even know. This presidency will be studied and talked about for decades to come. 

It's because they're creating scandals by the day, it's almost impossible to keep track of everything bad he does. But it also keeps everyone distracted from the big and terrible things he's done. The only thing he's really done well is know exactly how to play the public and the media and it's meant he's been able to be blatantly shite yet keep the story constantly changing. The short attention span of the public has let him get away with so much.

But look at what him being a constant source of corruption and scandal does. We talk about all of these scandals and his fascist intent because the media does... but it buries the stories that would KILL any politicians career dead if it was a normal politician. There's an election coming up in less than 100 days and the US's GDP has shrank 32% since the start of the year - it's not getting the same coverage that would get because he's doing his authoritarian bullshit to try to fuck with the election.

And if he doesn't fuck with the election and go full fascist, then the media covers the blatantly dogshit job he's done. Sooner or later though, there's going to be too many people that are affected by this economic contraction. Especially in a country where there's been no actual national response to contain a pandemic and where having healthcare is often tied to employment.  Whether America remains democratic or embraces fascism... sooner or later the issues that have failed to be addressed will manifest themselves into a large group of desperate and pissed off people demanding their problems are fixed.

• Subscriber

I remember reading  when the Portland shit hit the fan; something along the lines of he had commited 4 impeachable offences in the space of a week. I just fear at the point he actually leaves office the damage hes done is going to take years to repair. 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I can't believe the cunt managed to escape catching Covid (so far).

Hopefully he's in jail within the year.

Do you think it's likely he'll ever go to jail? 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Do you think it's likely he'll ever go to jail? 

I doubt it.

Aside from all the brazen corruption and evidence of criminality (his lawyer and campaign manager both pled guilty, it seems the only reason he avoided prosecution is because of a Dept. of Justice memo from the Nixon era saying sitting president's can't be charged with crimes)... he probably deserves to be there just for the US's covid response alone. It seems like willful neglect that's led to a lot of unnecessary death.

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s been happening tbh. These gestapo tactics we’re seeing in big cities in America is the prelude to how he fucks with this election after Congress tells him to go fuck himself in trying to delay the election.

If the election isn’t delayed he’s going to suppress voting with his unmarked military forces that kidnap people off the streets. He’s already spent the last few weeks normalising this.

It's only going to lose him more supporters if he tries.

The below cunt, was still with Trump until this point, but is now inferring a need for a second impeachment.

20200731_102932.jpg

Almost every line of attack on Trump - the blatant corruption and cronyism, the incompetence, the inhumanity, the failure to respond to a catastrophe, the mobilisation of the extreme and religious right - was used against Bush.

And now, people like the Lincoln Project yearn for the "good old days" of presidents like Bush.

In 15 years people will look at Trump in the same way.

The world will have slid even further towards catastrophe and we'll beg to have these days back. 

• The title was changed to Donald Trump

Archived