talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Azeem98 said:

I have to say its not that easy as i expected it to be 

I don't remember it being easy either. The other game I enjoyed playing from Lucas Arts was Curse of Monkey Island. That's another classic that brings back some good memories.

• Subscriber

After getting my head into a space to finally play through all of Prey I can only say this "Its a horrible attempt by Bethesda and should be avoided at all costs unless they can fix all the problems it has". I was unfortunate enough to get the stupid save issue and that put me off a bit but I figured I'd still try and get through it till the end only to realize meh what was that all for. The game mech is very good when you get to later parts of the game but I expected so much more from a company I believe makes some fantastic games. 

Back to MK I go. So far this year Sony has had the best of the crop when it comes to games and that's always weird considering they generally do one or two good titles in a year.

• Subscriber

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/may/22/destiny-2-how-a-fresh-start-let-bungie-make-its-biggest-game-yet

How many people played the first one? I played it for a long time till I got tired of just playing expansions and moved on although have to say when you paired with friends to hit the Crucible it was loads of fun and some of the videos of teams that practiced to get the kinds of scores and loot they got was fun to watch.

• Subscriber

That is one of the darkest explanations I have seen for the ending of that game. I can't wait to see what they do next. I quite enjoy their games because they are no frills and lots of thrills. Did you ever end up getting Prey?

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

No, I heard that many bad reviews that I decided to pass. I don't usually listen to reviews when buying a game but with my back-log as big as it is I don't want to throw another mediocre game onto the pile. 

Did you enjoy it in the end though? I seem to remember you saying it kinda' picks up in the middle to end?

Its a weird game because the start is terrible then it has some redemption before falling flat on its face. Putting it mildly I had more fun playing something as boxed as Bomberman than I did with this game. Shame really in a year where we've had games like NiOh, Horizon, RE7, Nier, Persona 5, etc and you'd expect a company like Bethesda to do so much better in this particular category too.

Just saw that there's a new Divinity on the horizon too and I personally loved the first one. I felt it was better balanced than most other games in the same genre. 

Edited by Mel81x

• Subscriber

Saw the new Tekken this weekend and have to say they've done a lot of things right with this edition that might bring non-fighting game fans into the mix as well. The control schema is better and the timing between combinations is far easier to understand as well. Plus I found it strange that they hadn't done this in the last edition but the breakers and grabbing avoidance system actually is far more responsive. Now all they need to do is take the team that did this, put them in a room and make another goddamn Soul Calibur game with the same love and attention this has been given. Gold medal game that would be.

Edited by Mel81x

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Not making a new topic for one game, but the appeal of the Switch just grew that little bit. Thanks trailer for Mario Odyssey. ¬¬

Rather awesome gameplay as well at E3. And while that had me hooked the other thing which I was very happy about is that they are finally serious about a Metroid Prime release as well. 

Edited by Mel81x

14 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Rather awesome gameplay as well at E3. And while that had me hooked the other thing which I was very happy about is that they are finally serious about a Metroid Prime release as well. 

I want an old school Metroid game! 2d Metroidvania games were so fucking cool - I wish they were still a thing. But yeah, a new Metroid Prime seems pretty good.

I don't know if it's nostalgia, but I think a new Kirby game will be cool. I haven't played one of them in a very long time. Between that and the Mario Odyssey coming out, and the fact that I'm still nowhere near beating Breath of the Wild because I got sidetracked by Mario Kart & Street Fighter 2's remaster (which is fucking sweet btw, if you liked that game on the SNES). Pretty happy with my Switch purchase :)

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I want an old school Metroid game! 2d Metroidvania games were so fucking cool - I wish they were still a thing. But yeah, a new Metroid Prime seems pretty good.

I don't know if it's nostalgia, but I think a new Kirby game will be cool. I haven't played one of them in a very long time. Between that and the Mario Odyssey coming out, and the fact that I'm still nowhere near beating Breath of the Wild because I got sidetracked by Mario Kart & Street Fighter 2's remaster (which is fucking sweet btw, if you liked that game on the SNES). Pretty happy with my Switch purchase :)

I'll second the SF remaster as being very good. I liked the Kirby demo as well but I'll wait to see what they finally do there. I think they did a good job at E3, everything was short and to the point. Even the fact that they had demos for Pokemon battle systems and an RPG based Pokemon game in the works was great news because that is something the fans wanted to hear since they released the Switch.

Just now, Mel81x said:

I'll second the SF remaster as being very good. I liked the Kirby demo as well but I'll wait to see what they finally do there. I think they did a good job at E3, everything was short and to the point. Even the fact that they had demos for Pokemon battle systems and an RPG based Pokemon game in the works was great news because that is something the fans wanted to hear since they released the Switch.

Rocket League for the Switch with cross-platform play is going to be cool as well. Rocket League is probably the multiplayer game I've played the most of since I bought it, and if I can play that on the go... well that's fantastic.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Rocket League for the Switch with cross-platform play is going to be cool as well. Rocket League is probably the multiplayer game I've played the most of since I bought it, and if I can play that on the go... well that's fantastic.

Apparently with Xbox and PC owners only. Not PS4.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Any racers here? I've not played it for a while but I was enjoying Project CARS on PS4 with quite an immersive career mode, looking forward to the sequel. 

I could never get to grips with the controls of Project CARS on a controller (I've got an Xbox though - don't know if that makes a difference... but I can't imagine it would). I heard the career mode for it is fantastic. But because I couldn't get the controls to work right, I've been more of a Forza/F1 2016 kind of guy.

• Subscriber

Yeah the controls were challenging. A lot of critics say they made it top realistic how difficult the cars are to control when you're playing off a controller rather than kitting yourself out with a full wheel and pedals.

7 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah the controls were challenging. A lot of critics say they made it top realistic how difficult the cars are to control when you're playing off a controller rather than kitting yourself out with a full wheel and pedals.

Did you edit any of the controller settings? They had so many different sliders for the controller that besides some of the obvious stuff I felt like I had to sort of guess what else I needed to edit. I've still got the game, I'll mess around with the settings this weekend and give it a second chance.

7 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Like Mike I played it for a while but hated the controls which was a shame as it looked a great game. 

For racing I mainly play F1 2016 and will be picking up 2017 when it drops in August.

Err... am I Mike? Haha. I think F1 2016 was such a huge improvement over 2015 - I'm looking forward to the new one.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Did you edit any of the controller settings? They had so many different sliders for the controller that besides some of the obvious stuff I felt like I had to sort of guess what else I needed to edit. I've still got the game, I'll mess around with the settings this weekend and give it a second chance.

Err... am I Mike? Haha. I think F1 2016 was such a huge improvement over 2015 - I'm looking forward to the new one.

I think a lot of that stuff like force feedback is primarily aimed at people with wheel and pedals so I'd just ignore most of it if you're on a controller, I don't remember tweaking it too much when I started, apart from the AI difficulty. 

• Subscriber

Just loaded up F1 2016 for the first serious play. Good to see that it panders to my absolute sad arse grind merchant approach of being able to take part in all three practices before embarking on 100% race distance. This ten year career could take a while xD starting out at Sauber too. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

And I get the piss taken out of me for doing 50% races xD. It's a great game for the racing geeks, you can get so much out of it if you take it seriously. It's basically FM for racing fans.

Spent pretty much the entire evening completing the Practice "missions", scraped through to Q2 in my Sauber but didn't get a good lap in the middle session, starting raining and it seemed to fuck me more than it did the AI. Plus I got a 5 place grid penalty from Practice from running wide on one of my first laps and Verstappen trying to overtake me which led to slight contact, bloody stewards. Started 21st, got stuck at the back of a train on lap 1/2, think someone had damage ahead of me because it was so slow, ended up losing half my front wing because the mugs were braking so early instead of overtaking each other. That obviously ruined my race, had to make an extra pit stop compared to the others, ended up 18th and last.

Worth it.