talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

Finally decided to play through the Mass Effect Trilogy. Finished the first game last weekend and it was quite brilliant. Now about 4 hours into Mass Effect 2 and while the atmosphere and setting are even better than in the first game, I don't like the game mechanics as much. The introduction of ammo was so unnecessary.

Just now, Cannabis said:

I've wanted to do Mass Effect myself but thought that the original wouldn't stand the test of time with it's now poor graphics and whatnot. I guess I was wrong? 

I was also going to jump straight into Andromeda when it was released but was put off by the insane amount of poor reviews.

The graphics were quite good for their time, and I really had no distractions while playing. Some of the textures are quite low-res, but seeing as it is a third-person game, you won't often come close enough for it to really bother you. Mass Effect 2 really looks great, so if you can get through the first game (and you will), there's that question solved.

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I considered it but then thought I'll just wait for it to release. Any good?

They made the titan a beast, it feels smoother which is good but the beta itself was lackluster you could do everything in about 45 minutes. I personally don't know if i'd get it if it weren't for about 7 or 8 friends getting it also to play with.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Played a bit of Titanfall 2 seeing as it's free to play this weekend, had two games before the Formula One and did quite well. Considering it's around £20 in most shops now I might take a punt on it and get that as my next game. I also finished INSIDE to 100% today wrapping up all of the achievements and witnessing the alternative ending. 

Curious what you thought of Titanfall 2. I thought it was too short and needed a bit more depth in the single player mode.

Been wanting to try Pyre but haven't had the time to yet

Finished the Mass Effect series.

From the 'buzz' back in the day I always gathered part 2 was supposed to be the best, but I think 3 was easily the best one. In addition to having some of the most intense missions and difficult decisions (Krogan planet, Geth planet, I needn't say more), it was also the first game in the series that was a fucking great shooter. Contrary to previous entries, the weapons had real weight to them, and the arsenal to choose from was huge, especially with DLCs installed. Speaking of which, the Combat Simulator that comes with the Citadel DLC is fucking killer.

In any case, I sank way more hours into these games than I would be willing to admit, and it feels rotten that it's over now. Yeah, there's still Andromeda, but it's supposedly a rather weak entry. Also, it's an entirely different story arc, with (for as far as I can tell) none of the characters that you bonded with across the initial trilogy. I think the only cure is playing through these games again sometime.

But yeah, it's a fantastic trilogy that holds up well, and Mass Effect 3 is easily in my top 5 games of all time.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

You surely can't have done all three in a week or so?! Glad you've enjoyed them though and I've decided that I'm going to go and do them myself in the very near future.

Nah, I did about 1 a week and I could only finish the third one so soon because I had a few days off.

And I rushed through the first game, wish I kinda regret.

• Subscriber

Anyone here play DOTA2? I recently got invited back to play it and has it changed. To me its really a marvel of development because what it was and what its turned into are really quite astonishing and how much time and effort goes into the stacking is truly mind blowing. Plus, internationals start next week so I am guessing that has triggered all the attention again.

Just finished a runthrough of Until Dawn. Though it is mainly QTE's and decision making ala Heavy Rain, the horror theme, limited time for main actions and your choices (and possible fuck ups) having major consequences provides a lot of tension and has a fair few jump scares to boot.

Would recommend it to anyone who likes horror games.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Just finished a runthrough of Until Dawn. Though it is mainly QTE's and decision making ala Heavy Rain, the horror theme, limited time for main actions and your choices (and possible fuck ups) having major consequences provides a lot of tension and has a fair few jump scares to boot.

Would recommend it to anyone who likes horror games.

Played it a while back enjoyed it too. I'd recommend the new RE for you if you're looking for a horror fix on the PS4.

8 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Played it a while back enjoyed it too. I'd recommend the new RE for you if you're looking for a horror fix on the PS4.

I have heard a lot of good things about RE7, though been a bit put off after the the previous two (I know they're different types of game but 5 and 6 were pretty much forgettable).

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I've done it. Over 100 hours on Yakuza 0, though I've now done both main side parts and can either progress the story or continue with more side stories and fights.

If I have ever seen anyone fully use a game this has to be it. 100 hours and you've not even progressed the story. That's some serious dedication there.

3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

If I have ever seen anyone fully use a game this has to be it. 100 hours and you've not even progressed the story. That's some serious dedication there.

I've progressed the story to a point but have wanted to do some of the side stuff as well (mainly the business areas).

• Like 1

• Subscriber
On 8/9/2017 at 2:27 AM, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I've progressed the story to a point but have wanted to do some of the side stuff as well (mainly the business areas).

Thats how I played the last MGS I got so caught up in playing the map and little missions that I totally ignored getting to the end and then I finally did because I needed to close it out.

45 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Thats how I played the last MGS I got so caught up in playing the map and little missions that I totally ignored getting to the end and then I finally did because I needed to close it out.

Shame that it was rushed and half-baked.