• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Round 17 Fixtures - 26-28th December, 2022

football forums

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Hopeless football club. Every combination of manager and players ends up the same way. Just always finding ways to lose football matches.

Lampard is going to have to go first at this rate because this squad isn't great but there's enough there not to get relegated. It makes no difference though. Best case scenario the new manager bounce keeps our heads above water for another year then we're back here by the middle of next season.

Barely arsed anymore. We'll drop eventually even if we survive this time.

36 minutes ago, Storts said:

He was terrible mate, didn’t improve much either. But genuinely do think it’s what Conte is doing to him. He should and could be running games but he’s not allowed to in this system. He’s still a very good player just cannot flourish in contes system. And yeah I don’t like it. Doesn’t play to our strengths at all and it means too many poor players in that back 5. But he’s so inflexible. Bentancur Bissouma could be brilliant if they were freed up. 

Toney is such a handful, not sure how you replace him when he’s inevitably banned 

Not directly, I imagine we move back to a formation closer to when we had Benrahma and Watkins and try and get Wissa, Mbeumo and KLP running at defences a lot. Toney is that good we’ve changed out entire playing style but I think when he gets banned we may see more from Dasilva in a traditional 4-3-3 too.

If we sign a replacement then it’ll be more of an inside forward that can play CF as well as on the wing.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Villa making decent chances but their shit finishing is helpful. Our defending needs to improve if we’re to salvage this season

Seems like a very open game with plenty of amateur finishing which can perhaps be put down to rustiness thanks to the World Cup.

Watkins though. Two golden chances.

Just now, Stan said:

Seems like a very open game with plenty of amateur finishing which can perhaps be put down to rustiness thanks to the World Cup.

Watkins though. Two golden chances.

It could be the World Cup… but it’s not like we were looking like a good defense before the World Cup break xD

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It could be the World Cup… but it’s not like we were looking like a good defense before the World Cup break xD

Nah I mean just the standard of finishing. Nunez once, Bailey once, Watkins twice.

1 minute ago, Honey Honey said:

Picked up from where we left off. Win the ball back for fun. Wasn't expecting such an easy win when I saw Callum Wilson was out.

Will enjoy these easy wins while they last because eventually opponents will start paying us respect and set up negatively.

took Leicester 70+ minutes to get a shot on target.  Bruno and Joelinton played with so much fire.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

Like the start of the season again for us.

Absolutely disgusting from a Premier League side.

Honestly, it's almost unprofessional isn't it? If we're edged out by a superior side that I can deal with, like that Man City game in October, but how many times is that this season where we've been a complete disgrace now? Probably not far off half the games.

I'm glad there's enough other rubbish in the league that we'll get away with it, although I'm only saying that as a fan, I'm worried the players think this way. They didn't look up for it one bit. There's no excuse for that absolute crap. Newcastle won't have an easier game all season.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dan said:

Honestly, it's almost unprofessional isn't it? If we're edged out by a superior side that I can deal with, like that Man City game in October, but how many times is that this season where we've been a complete disgrace now? Probably not far off half the games.

I'm glad there's enough other rubbish in the league that we'll get away with it, although I'm only saying that as a fan, I'm worried the players think this way. They didn't look up for it one bit. There's no excuse for that absolute crap. Newcastle won't have an easier game all season.

Yeah it's performances like that where the criticism is aimed mainly towards the players, as opposed to the managers this time.

Just an abjectly slow start and then a whimper of a performance, if that, to try and get back in the game. 

Like you, I can take losses where the other side are made to work for it or we don't be clumsy and far too casual and gift them goals. A total lack of effort is just purely unacceptable.

The other thing is, how many fucking times have we conceded so early in games this season. That's also professional and something that could be laid at Rodgers' door as much as it is for the players. Slow starts, lack of energy, just all round disappointing. 

And there wasn't even any kind of desperation to try and get back into the game. The other thing that I might pin on Rodgers is taking a striker off. Yes Vardy was brought on, but the sole striker needed support, not replaced. Soumare staying on until the 70th minute is something I'm also critical of.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah it's performances like that where the criticism is aimed mainly towards the players, as opposed to the managers this time.

Just an abjectly slow start and then a whimper of a performance, if that, to try and get back in the game. 

Like you, I can take losses where the other side are made to work for it or we don't be clumsy and far too casual and gift them goals. A total lack of effort is just purely unacceptable.

The other thing is, how many fucking times have we conceded so early in games this season. That's also professional and something that could be laid at Rodgers' door as much as it is for the players. Slow starts, lack of energy, just all round disappointing. 

And there wasn't even any kind of desperation to try and get back into the game. The other thing that I might pin on Rodgers is taking a striker off. Yes Vardy was brought on, but the sole striker needed support, not replaced. Soumare staying on until the 70th minute is something I'm also critical of.

Yeah I'm the same as you on the players. Rodgers isn't getting no criticism for that, he was way too slow to act and even when he did he went for like for like subs, but I thought as a collective it was just awful. Appalling passing, laid back body language, again that lack of fight. Newcastle coasted through the game because they had it won after 7 minutes. We coasted through the game because nobody could be arsed.

We definitely need some fresh blood in January. I defended that team sheet and with the players we had out we didn't have a tonne of other options but it hit home quite early on today how weak it actually was. Hardly anybody had a good game.

We even got the corner conceded back in just to really hammer us back three months.

• Administrator
Just now, Rick said:

Our defending has become on of the worst in the league. 

Hahahaha but you watched us earlier didn't you xD :P

Trust me, you're nowhere near the worst.

That spell of pressure Villa just had, several teams would have conceded. Van Dijk and Matip remained calm just heading everything away.

Archived