talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brentford 3-1 Liverpool - Monday 2nd January, 2023

football forum

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Whether we win or lose this we are just sexual. That is a terrible rule change for the offside goal too

Sexual..

That's a term not often used for football. 😂

I have to admit Frank has this team so well drilled. It's not even a defensive formation, you don't show respect regardless of the opposition and it shows in your performances.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Brentford 2-0 Liverpool - Monday 2nd January, 2023
  • Administrator

Seeing Liverpool perform like this similar to how they did on Friday night annoys me even more that we didn't beat them. The win was there for the taking. 

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

This side are terrible. Midfield and defence nothing short of a disgrace. 

How though, last season you won two trophies just beaten by a single goal in the Champions league final and finished runners up.

How can they collapse so quickly. 

Surely Mane wasn't carrying you that much.

4 minutes ago, Devil said:

How though, last season you won two trophies just beaten by a single goal in the Champions league final and finished runners up.

How can they collapse so quickly. 

Surely Mane wasn't carrying you that much.

Some of these players were playing on fumes last season, hence us not being able to get over the line in the league and CL final. Been saying it for years, Klopp has gotten the absolute most out of a lot of these players and they are on the downward spiral. 

The squad has not had proper investment in order to preserve some of these players. We won’t reach those heights again. Last season was the last ‘hurrah’ for a lot of these players. It’s sad to see, but this midfield and defence have slowly become less and less affective, to the point where I would genuinely say our defence is bottom five in the league and that’s being generous. They are still able to put in a performance every now and then but for the most part the consistency is gone. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Some of these players were playing on fumes last season, hence us not being able to get over the line in the league and CL final. Been saying it for years, Klopp has gotten the absolute most out of a lot of these players and they are on the downward spiral. 

The squad has not had proper investment in order to preserve some of these players. We won’t reach those heights again. 

It's a rebuild you need like you say, unfortunately it's almost impossible to replace the quality you had. Mane, Salah and Firmino in their prime were insane as a three. 

I might be wrong but as good as some of the lads that have been brought in are I don't think any of them are on the same level. 

Gotta say I’m surprised at Liverpool’s style of play. They have Salah, Nunez and Chamberlain playing close to each other, you’d expect that to be Liverpool trying to play it through the middle, dribbles, 1-2s…instead they’ve gone wide everytime and just been controlled by our defence. Ofcourse it’s hard to play through a midfield 3 and 3 centre backs, but they didn’t try to mix it up once.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Van Dijk brought off is a big decision. 

Fair play to Klopp. Got a lot of time for that call. Could be injured of course but hopefully it's tactical.

How many times have we said he's coasted a bit this season and not been at his very best. 

Perhaps its the wake up call he needed.

• The title was changed to Brentford 3-1 Liverpool - Monday 2nd January, 2023
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived