The better place to talk football.

Stranger Things

football forum

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Why do they keep playing D&D if their D&D enemies keep coming to life though?

It's what kids did back then apparently. So hot was the craze that everyone was playing it. I even did for a while when I went out there for college but haven't been able to find any 'sane' group since. TBF being a DM is a bit of a powertrip.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

It's what kids did back then apparently. So hot was the craze that everyone was playing it. I even did for a while when I went out there for college but haven't been able to find any 'sane' group since. TBF being a DM is a bit of a powertrip.

Did you used to dim the lights, light candles and wear a cape and all that for authenticity?? 

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Did you used to dim the lights, light candles and wear a cape and all that for authenticity?? 

Actually we had a DM who did voices when I was in college and it was terribly entertaining. Never wore a cape myself but have done rolls which have ended poorly and had to perform "actions" to signify what I was doing as I once played a character that couldn't speak. You really get into it the first few times because its new and novel only to realise you don't have to every single time. We had a professor who used to play with a college group and he used to wear a wizard's robe for the sessions. Like I said, very entertaining to watch.

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Actually we had a DM who did voices when I was in college and it was terribly entertaining. Never wore a cape myself but have done rolls which have ended poorly and had to perform "actions" to signify what I was doing as I once played a character that couldn't speak. You really get into it the first few times because its new and novel only to realise you don't have to every single time. We had a professor who used to play with a college group and he used to wear a wizard's robe for the sessions. Like I said, very entertaining to watch.

Dungeons And Dragons Meme GIF by Hyper RPG

No point in playing if you don't put the effort in.... 

4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I mean I’d probably have played it if video games didn’t exist xD

But not if all the enemies started killing people in the town I’m living in, I’d probably be traumatised

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean I’d probably have played it if video games didn’t exist xD

But not if all the enemies started killing people in the town I’m living in, I’d probably be traumatised

I'm surprised the kids in the show are still normal after everything that has happened. You'd think they'd be clawing the wallpaper out or doing even more morbid things.

Currently re-watching the entire series as I finished the available episodes so far. Haven't watched any of these since the first time they came out and so that means 6 years ago for series 1...it was genuinely one of the best opening series' of anything you'll see on tele.

• Subscriber

I watched a couple of the new ones, remembered how good it was and actually went back to series one and watched it all through until yesterday when I got up to date. (I have a week off and had two full hangover days in there, leave me alone :ph34r:).

Really great season four so far in my opinion.

26 minutes ago, Cicero said:

No. Duffer brothers confirmed a 5th and final season. 

Weird way to end this series on a long episode and essentially a film if there’s a final series to follow

• 2 weeks later...

Last two episodes will be interesting now the audience are so hyped. They have really nailed it this season to date, including the Vecna back story/twist.

It will be hard to top Episode 4 and Kate Bush mind, as that was the Holy Fuck moment for me to date, but it's been better than Season 2 and 3 no question.

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly kind of hated this season until the last episode (well the last episode before the 2 last last episodes are released). It was a nice payoff but too little too late. Couldn't stand Winona Ryder's quasi comedy mental breakdown acting or the constant switching between the story threads, dragging everything on endlessly. Learning that the last 2 episodes of the season will be feature film length makes me not even want to bother with it.

I loved this season in general and appreciate the amount of detail and time they put into each episode. 

Much like Dacre Montgomery in season 3 (the actor who played Billy) I feel Sadie Sink (the actress that plays Max) completely made the season with her performance. 

Archived