• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 31 Fixtures - 15-17th April, 2023

football forums

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rick said:

Lampard showing what an absolutely useless manager he is. Boehly is a fucking fool. 

I don't think anyone was surprised he couldn't do anything more with the players than what Potter was achieving... The problems run deep and it's going to take more than having a decent manager on board to fix that. The whole Boehly project has been a cluster fuck so far

• Subscriber

I missed the last 20 minutes which by all accounts we were well on top.

I've such mixed feelings on that game. I think there were more positives than in previous but it's ultimately another loss.

I think a big issue for us is confidence. After 25 minutes I was thinking this is nightmareish, any confidence building that could've gone on during the week was taking an absolute pasting. But the last 20... maybe not all hope has gone.

They need to learn quickly that starting Vardy on his own is like starting with 10 men now. Ndidi's fucking shite as well now. I'm completely past defending him. Our midfield needs severe work in the summer regardless of division. I've not seen a drop off like his since I can even be bothered to remember.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

Dewsbury-Hall and Ndidi are so average. 

The former, especially. 

Our midfield really is crap now. I think we'll need another 2 regardless of division in the summer. Dewsbury-Hall is a squad player. Ndidi I just can't fathom how he's become this bad. He was a joke, at fault for all three goals for me.

We played Villa twice this season, both times I wasn't impressed with them and thought we should have had more points to show from those games.

Now, they genuinely are playing well. Was really impressed with them today, and I don't think it would have been unjust if they had hit four or five.

As good an all round performance as I've seen Ollie Watkins play for a long time by the way. It's like selling Ings installed confidence in him being the main man for them.

42 minutes ago, Lucas said:

We played Villa twice this season, both times I wasn't impressed with them and thought we should have had more points to show from those games.

Now, they genuinely are playing well. Was really impressed with them today, and I don't think it would have been unjust if they had hit four or five.

As good an all round performance as I've seen Ollie Watkins play for a long time by the way. It's like selling Ings installed confidence in him being the main man for them.

Gerrard killed Ollie’s development, he looks like the striker that we had now. He’s got so much to his game he just needs the opportunity to show it to people.

59 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Gerrard killed everyone’s confidence an absolute joke of a manager, won’t get a PL job again if anyone has sense, but they won’t he will be back in the game 

• Administrator

Seeing Watkins play and the kinds of goals he scores reminds me of Vardy. 

Pacy behind the defence, in the right areas in the box for any kind of cross be it on the ground or in the air. Intelligence and composure in the right area. 

Becoming a very good player. 

11 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Gerrard killed everyone’s confidence an absolute joke of a manager, won’t get a PL job again if anyone has sense, but they won’t he will be back in the game 

It must be nice to feel like you have the old Villa back a bit now. Gone through such a high turnover of players in the past decade without having a really settled team, Emery has a base there to really do something if he get's the right bodies in over the summer.

Archived