talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 31 Fixtures - 15-17th April, 2023

football forum

• Administrator

all kick-offs 15.00 (BST) unless stated

Saturday 15th April, 2023
Aston Villa vs Newcastle, 12.30, (live on BT Sport)

Chelsea vs Brighton
Everton vs Fulham
Southampton vs Crystal Palace
Tottenham vs Bournemouth
Wolves vs Brentford

Man City vs Leicester, 17.30, (live on Sky)

Sunday 16th April, 2023
West Ham vs Arsenal, 14.00, (live on Sky)

Nottm Forest vs Man Utd, 16.30, (live on Sky)

Monday 17th April, 2023
Leeds vs Liverpool, 20.00 (live on Sky)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Could be a massive weekend for us with Fulham at home while Bournemouth go to Spurs, Leicester go to City, Forest have Man Utd and Leeds have Liverpool. Not quite "must win" territory in my opinion but an opportunity to make the table look nicer for us.

• Administrator

Barnes & Ricardo out for us, which is a shame. But there's an air of confidence about the side again since the new management team has come in. Like a big grey cloud was lifted when Rodgers left. Even the press conferences are more positive, with Smith saying Maddison shouldn't be coming deep to get the ball and wants him playing further forward.

With our width totally depleted, we may set up quite narrow, or use Maddison on the left-wing instead. We have no other wingers xD.

Iversen

Castagne - Souttar - Faes - Kristiansen

Ndidi - Mendy

Tete - Praet - Maddison

Daka

The other good news is Tielemans being back, but he probably won't start. He should play in the Praet role if he does come on.

I don't know if Smith has ever played 3 at the back, but if we're going to have less width and pack the midfield, we may go like this:

Iversen

Faes - Souttar - Evans

Castagne                               Kristiansen

Ndidi - Mendy

Maddison

Daka - Iheanacho

• Subscriber

There's a chance it's an illusion because of what an utterly negative presence Rodgers had been but Smith seems to have lifted spirits somewhat. I think a cloud has lifted over us.

But that makes it doubly frustrating that we had nothing lined up upon the sacking and ended up not only blowing a very presentable opening game for him, but giving him the ultimate baptism of fire.

We're extremely likely to lose, this is sadly probably the best team in the world, at the top of their game and hunting down 1st place. It really doesn't get harder. I just hope we somehow remember that we can beat the odds every now and then. We're due a result at one of these grounds.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Barnes & Ricardo out for us, which is a shame. But there's an air of confidence about the side again since the new management team has come in. Like a big grey cloud was lifted when Rodgers left. Even the press conferences are more positive, with Smith saying Maddison shouldn't be coming deep to get the ball and wants him playing further forward.

With our width totally depleted, we may set up quite narrow, or use Maddison on the left-wing instead. We have no other wingers xD.

Iversen

Castagne - Souttar - Faes - Kristiansen

Ndidi - Mendy

Tete - Praet - Maddison

Daka

The other good news is Tielemans being back, but he probably won't start. He should play in the Praet role if he does come on.

I don't know if Smith has ever played 3 at the back, but if we're going to have less width and pack the midfield, we may go like this:

Iversen

Faes - Souttar - Evans

Castagne                               Kristiansen

Ndidi - Mendy

Maddison

Daka - Iheanacho

It's not 100% but it's doing the rounds, like last week, that our team is...

Iversen

Souttar - Faes - Soyuncu (!!)

Castagne                                  Kristiansen

Ndidi - Tielemans

Maddison

Vardy - Iheanacho

6 hours ago, Stan said:

@Happy Blue any idea on your line-up? You're usually pretty spot on each week!

De Bruyne is fit but came off with an ankle strain against Munich and Stones was feeling his hammy towards the end so they could be rested but we do have to win every game. my best guess would be this (Laporte could come in for Akanji or Dias but Pep's not playing him with him wanting out this summer, probably going to PSG)

Ederson

Walker - Akanji - Dias - Ake

Bernardo - Rodrigo - Gundogan

Mahrez - Haaland - Grealish

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, 6666 said:

The job Emery is doing at Aston Villa is incredible. Getting them into Europe would be a massive achievement.

Huge. Most points outside of Arsenal and Man City I think I read the other day. 

Seeing his rise at Villa makes me regret not wanting Rodgers out earlier in the season. Especially if he was a mildly realistic choice. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Huge. Most points outside of Arsenal and Man City I think I read the other day. 

Seeing his rise at Villa makes me regret not wanting Rodgers out earlier in the season. Especially if he was a mildly realistic choice. 

Really think it’s about the project, partly why he said no to Newcastle, there was also an issue with not wanting to leave his kids last year.

Here though NS went met him sat with his family told them they would give him the keys and what they want for the club, asked him to build it. His son told him to take it, so he accepted it and NSWE have stayed true to their word they have given him the keys and said they will back him to make us a European footballing side, we buy who he says we are tweaking the training ground to suit his requirements, lots of little things he wants he gets.
He refers to it as a project when he started, as do our owners. 

Think many clubs think they could have got him, it wasn’t about money with Emery it was the opportunity to come and build without constraint, so he could prove himself. He was happy at Villarreal and his family was happy, money wasn’t going to sway him, the right job was more important, constraints have frustrated him before at PSG, Arsenal etc. 

Villa played really well, can't take that away and well deserved from top to bottom.  Going into our first home game in 4 games ending a rough 3 game road trip we need a reaction at home to Spurs next week.   It was by a long way the worst performance of the season.  I suppose they happen but should not be tolerated and I think that needs to be the thought on the bus back home,  that such a display is not acceptable again. 

• Subscriber

Battering them now. Maupay and Gray both had big chances to send us in ahead. Half time come at a good time for Fulham but we can also count ourselves fortunate to go in level after a shambolic opening 30 minutes.

18 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

De Bruyne is fit but came off with an ankle strain against Munich and Stones was feeling his hammy towards the end so they could be rested but we do have to win every game. my best guess would be this (Laporte could come in for Akanji or Dias but Pep's not playing him with him wanting out this summer, probably going to PSG)

Ederson

Walker - Akanji - Dias - Ake

Bernardo - Rodrigo - Gundogan

Laporte gets a game finally and Kev and Stones are playing with slight knocks, bit of a risk. todays line up (got 3 wrong) 

Ederson

Walker - Stones - Dias - Laporte

De Bruyne - Rodrigo - Bernardo

• The topic was unpinned

Archived