talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 31 Fixtures - 15-17th April, 2023

football forum

• Subscriber

Regardless of what Arsenal expected before the season and how formidable City are, they've put themselves in a position where the title was in their hands. You can sort of accept the loss of a 2-0 lead at Anfield but they've bottled that match today. Error from Partey lets West Ham back into the game, error from Saka to miss the penalty that would have seen the game out, then they lost their heads and their confidence.

They might not be bottle-jobs overall. I hate that phrase to be honest, it used to get thrown at Everton a lot during the Moyes era when we "only" finished 6th or 7th and lost to Chelsea or Man Utd in a cup semi-final despite running on about 5% of the budget of the teams ahead of us.

Arsenal deserve massive credit for upsetting the odds and leading the table into the final stretch but if they lose out by failing to win games like today, which they objectively should have won from 2-0 up, then that's a failure of mentality because they absolutely have the technical ability and quality to get three points from that position. 

0-1 to Man Utd anyway. Let's have 2-3 more please.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Very good goal for Dalot. Antony timed and weighted the pass perfectly. 

Glad one team did their job today :ph34r:.

Arsenal's next few games look quite tricky, barring the Chelsea one perhaps. 

• Subscriber

Thank fuck for Forest and Southampton. We just need somebody else.

As weakened a Man Utd side as you'll see in the league this season and they were completely comfortable. Could've easily been more than 2.

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

Thank fuck for Forest and Southampton. We just need somebody else.

As weakened a Man Utd side as you'll see in the league this season and they were completely comfortable. Could've easily been more than 2.

hi mate 

Gobsmacked how many people think Leeds will do something home to Liverpool tomorrow, although I think a lot of it is tongue in cheek.

If you had to put money on it, you definitely wouldn't, not after we just got thumped 5-1 at home to Palace.

They have Thiago and Diaz back to start. It's probably as strong a squad they have had the luxury to choose from since they had so many injuries.

I also think they have resigned themselves to no Top 4. Pressure is off now, they can go and relax, play with no fear and that's when they are dangerous.

Let's be real, it should be a Liverpool win and I fully expect it to be as well. We'll need an awful lot of things to go our way if we are to win the game.

I'd snap your hand off for a draw now. Realistically we got to try and get a win at Fulham next weekend I think.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Gobsmacked how many people think Leeds will do something home to Liverpool tomorrow, although I think a lot of it is tongue in cheek.

If you had to put money on it, you definitely wouldn't, not after we just got thumped 5-1 at home to Palace.

They have Thiago and Diaz back to start. It's probably as strong a squad they have had the luxury to choose from since they had so many injuries.

I also think they have resigned themselves to no Top 4. Pressure is off now, they can go and relax, play with no fear and that's when they are dangerous.

Let's be real, it should be a Liverpool win and I fully expect it to be as well. We'll need an awful lot of things to go our way if we are to win the game.

I'd snap your hand off for a draw now. Realistically we got to try and get a win at Fulham next weekend I think.

Like I said earlier, Liverpool in 6 games away at bottom half teams are yet to even score, it is by no means a guaranteed result.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Like I said earlier, Liverpool in 6 games away at bottom half teams are yet to even score, it is by no means a guaranteed result.

Not guaranteed no, but you'd still bet on them than us, especially with our defence. I got to say, from my perspective I've not seen many Leeds fans hopeful of a win thats for sure.

It's been a very good season but can't see us winning the league now. Letting a 2 goal lead slip 2 games in a row isn't good enough. Man City are too much of a machine for us to get away with that.

• Subscriber

Screenshot_20230416_192314_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dff6b5ed8f6175af8ca9d19fdd4400f2.jpg

Southampton are as good as gone. Forest not far behind which is surprising considering they're still above Leicester and level with Everton on points. Problem for Forest is their form and remaining fixtures are both horrendous.

Pretty much 50/50 between Leicester and Everton with Leeds an outside chance of filling the third spot.

We can have no complaints if we drop. The club absolutely deserves it the way it's been run. Leicester may have gone to shit quickly and made a ton of bad decisions but in terms of horrendous management of players, managers and finances at almost every turn, Everton have been at it for almost a decade now. I don't have any sympathy for many of the players either. Dyche knew what he was getting himself into. We all said it would be a miracle to keep this side up with no signings in January. It's the fans that deserve better. 

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

It's been a very good season but can't see us winning the league now. Letting a 2 goal lead slip 2 games in a row isn't good enough. Man City are too much of a machine for us to get away with that.

Anything can happen yet, if we don't beat you at the Etihad it's still very much yours

3 hours ago, Stan said:

How long do Man Utd persist with Sancho? Give him a break, for himself if no one else. 

Very, very poor. 

Give him a break????

He had three months off due to reasons unexplained. I've heard it was for a failed in club drug test but that's just a rumour to be fair.

Utd should try and flog Sancho back to Dortmund, he’s not got it in him to thrive with them. Ten Hag has managed him best he could but he has looked just as useless as he did before his 12 week disappearance. 

• Administrator

I'd be fuming if that goal was against us. I know it's the rule and it's too far gone before the goal is scored, but it's pretty crap rule. Quite clearly a handball. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived