talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 36 Fixtures - 13-18th May, 2023

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's pretty clear now that giving Rodgers another season was a mistake. That DOF's gotta go too - imo, most of this season's failures are on his shoulders. But the Leicester players I think... should be ashamed of themselves. You look at the other clubs around them... and while they might not have quality... they've got character and fight in them. Leicester have the quality (on paper) but they simply lack character and fight - they look like they're accepting it.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wasn't even a free-kick anyway, but can't deny how good that goal was.

Yeah idk if that's a free kick but fucking hell what a goal

29 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Stunned how after conceding two quick goals, Leicester kicked off and lost the ball again inside about 12 seconds - should have been 3-0 tbh. 

Until it's mathematically certain I won't rest easy, but Leicester are surely gone. I can't for the life of my fathom how you win the league and seven years later you're going down.

Leicester have been punching above their traditional weight since they came up with with a title and an FA Cup yes their will be anger but it’s a fan base that’s had the lows and fairytale highs and they will know good times come and go. I think if you’d offered them this 15 years ago they’d have took your hand off. I’d take a title and FA Cup with relegation after now tbh 

• Subscriber

So many players on the pitch for Leicester that just shouldn't be anywhere near dropping to the Championship but they've only got themselves to blame. You can see from their faces how fucked they know they are now, having to pray that Newcastle have a serious off-day next Monday and then needing other results to go in their favour. Horrendous mismanagement top to bottom.

Obviously happy with the result for our own purpose tonight in that it gives us a better chance than we had but feel for @Stan and @Dan. Not going to take any joy out of other people's misery.

Honestly, I'm dead shocked Liverpool cruised it like that. I really thought Leicester would do something, even if it was grab a draw or something but they lack total belief.

That first goal came from essentially a route one punt from Allison that somehow cleared both Leicester centre backs. That's the kind of goals our teams have been conceding, basic schoolboy shit.

Not going to completely write them off yet because stranger things have happened and we're all as bad as eachother down there, but you feel like they are going to have to do back to back wins now and that Newcastle away game just looks incredibly daunting right now for them.

It's amazing to think Liverpool could end with 9 straight wins and not get a Top 4 spot.

Best I think they can hope for is Brighton grab a draw in the week and Newcastle at best draw with Chelsea on the last day, whilst Liverpool absolutely hammer a relegated Southampton and nick it on GD.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Would you keep Smith? 

Nope. I don't put much of this on him but his positive impact has been truly minimal, it lasted basically one half at Wolves. Way too many red flags for me. Nice bloke and somebody I'm finding it hard to be truly angry with but hasn't done enough for me.

8 hours ago, Lucas said:

It's amazing to think Liverpool could end with 9 straight wins and not get a Top 4 spot.

Best I think they can hope for is Brighton grab a draw in the week and Newcastle at best draw with Chelsea on the last day, whilst Liverpool absolutely hammer a relegated Southampton and nick it on GD.

With Europa in sight, I wouldn’t bet against Brighton beating Newcastle on Thursday. Chelsea will have a big say in the race for top four. Both Utd and Newcastle have them left to play. I suspect Utd will be out of the danger of missing out by then, but Newcastle won’t be looking forward to having that as the final game if there’s a ton riding on it. 

Really hoping that Brighton batter Newcastle on Thursday. 

• Subscriber

Anyone expecting any help from Chelsea in the latter stages of this season is... bold. Newcastle will most likely (hopefully) get 3 points against Leicester as well. They could drop points against Brighton. It would be a total disaster for either Man Utd or Newcastle to end up dropping out of the top four given the lead they've had late into the season.

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Anyone expecting any help from Chelsea in the latter stages of this season is... bold. Newcastle will most likely (hopefully) get 3 points against Leicester as well. They could drop points against Brighton. It would be a total disaster for either Man Utd or Newcastle to end up dropping out of the top four given the lead they've had late into the season.

Chelsea aren’t going to do anything, if either of those clubs are going to fail against Chelsea it’s going to be because of food poisoning or something. Lampard’s clueless and those players are just relaxing until next season.

• Subscriber

I feel like I should write something in depth but there's nothing I can say already that I haven't yet already. Just digging out what I said on here in August after the Southampton game (relegation thread) is evidence enough that the club are totally inept that they couldn't see where this was heading.

Our decision making and thoughts now should be about how much we trust those in charge to get us back up, or prevent us sliding even further. It's beyond this season. It's gone. This team have given up like the absolute spineless nonentities most of them are. They may fraud good moves out of this but don't expect them to full up any trees when they do leave.

The business end of the season is when the truth is revealed and they have once again proven that the lights are too bright when it matters. I've said for years on here that the tailing off at the end of the season is a big problem, it's a habit, it's normality for these players. I knew that this was going to screw us over if we weren't out of it earlier on.

They should face consequences for this. I really hope they get poorer moves off the back of it. I really hope Maddison doesn't fluke his way to Man City - luckily I think Pep will see through what's just happened. Tielemans thinks he's getting a Champions League club? Yeah, I doubt Malmo will pay your wages, you clown.

The cold hard reality is I, a fan, could see we were heading for this back in August - following a long argument with a Forest supporting mate just a month earlier that the idea we could drop was ridiculous, yet I'd completely backtracked on it just three games in. Why could I see it yet our hierarchy couldn't?

How did they see us get 1 point from our opening 7 games, lose 5-2 at Brighton, 6-2 at Tottenham, have an international break there and not sack the manager? I think he should've gone ages ago, but that was the most presentable chance you could possibly ask to make a change and we didn't even do it. From that international break onwards, I've held substantial concerns about the way this club is run. There was nothing admirable about the loyalty he showed, it was a sign of absolute recklessness.

The fact we then waited until April, 29 games into the season, to pull the trigger. Nothing that happened in game 29 was out of character from the other 28. We had two weeks to make the sacking and get somebody in to get up to proper speed, yet we really did let a straw break the camels back, before pissing another two home games away on a pair of clown caretakers, giving the new bloke a debut away to a title hunting Manchester City. They sacked Rodgers and acted as if the situation of not having him had come totally out of the blue. The lack of preparedness for something so blatantly obvious is a level of ineptness that I just can't comprehend at this point. It's the sort of thing that makes you think you could still make it in the game.

It's like nobody at the club actually cares about it. Even the fans are far too apathetic. There are sections who've tried holding people to account but it's nowhere near enough. Just look at the way Leeds fans got Orta out and the way Everton fans reacted last season.

You could write a book on this season. I appreciate others may not see it like this because it's my own club and I've been more invested in it than the others, but I think it's the biggest squander of a season in Premier League history. It's absolutely unfathomable how you can go from what we were two years ago to this under the same stewardship. It's not like a Southampton who I think the writing has looked on the wall for for a few years now. The only thing I think compares to this is Leeds in 2004 - ironically, we also went down that season, and ironically, they're likely to come down with us this.

About saying nothing eh. Once I start I can't stop.

10 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Anyone expecting any help from Chelsea in the latter stages of this season is... bold.

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Chelsea aren’t going to do anything, if either of those clubs are going to fail against Chelsea it’s going to be because of food poisoning or something. Lampard’s clueless and those players are just relaxing until next season.

On one hand I agree on the other not so sure... We are safe, strange thing to say for our club but there it is so on one hand they could just chill knowing they have nothing to play for and see the last two games out with no expectancy or.......... Those that think they have some part to play next season could try and make an impression on the incoming Pochettino for what it's worth so we could get the complete opposite of what we have been seeing so far and by that I mean actually trying to win a game for a change..  

• Subscriber

The last few games is littered with old "friends" for us. Allardyce in charge of Leeds, Arteta managing Arsenal against Forest and Lampard managing Chelsea against them last weekend. Moyes and West Ham face both Leeds and Leicester. Richarlison and Gordon have had shocking seasons really since they left but any contribution from Richarlison against Leeds on the last day or Gordon against Leicester this weekend would be welcome.

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Newcastle better still do the business on Monday. Going to have to hope the Redshite and the other Redshite both win over the weekend and keep them honest.

You have nothing to worry about xD

Business is made easy when playing against us. 

Archived