• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2023 - Hungarian GP - 21-23rd July

football forum

• The title was changed to F1 2023 - Hungarian GP - 21-23rd July
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wonder how Aston Martin will fair.   its safe to say that the high speed circuits don't suit their high downforce setup, and the upgrades or changes to reduce drag have made the car unstable.   i cant see AM keeping up with the top teams on development and may just have to try make an Aero setup work knowing that they will be more 4th or 5th row in fast circuits.

Mercedes also have a lot of questions.  they have made some improvements but they are still well off Red bull leading to a lot of feathers being rufled.   I think they are either 2nd or 3rd fastest now with McLaren hitting form

McLaren will be interesting to watch how the car does on a very difficult circuit that tends to be a lot slower than it looks.   if they do well again then I think they will storm through the second half.   if the car suffers then maybe it will point to a limitation their package.

• Subscriber

Aston Martin have enough money to spend up to the budget gap and because of the wind-tunnel rules, they should have the best development over the course of the season as they finished 9th last year. Really, they should be the best chance to out-develop Red Bull. It seems like their update package for Canada hasn't quite gone to plan based on Austria and Britain. Maybe they spent all their development time and budget really early on.

Looking at Monaco as the most similar track to Hungary in many ways, you'd expect Aston Martin, Alpine and McLaren to show up a bit better than average and Mercedes and Ferrari to have less fun. 

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Aston Martin have enough money to spend up to the budget gap and because of the wind-tunnel rules, they should have the best development over the course of the season as they finished 9th last year. Really, they should be the best chance to out-develop Red Bull. It seems like their update package for Canada hasn't quite gone to plan based on Austria and Britain. Maybe they spent all their development time and budget really early on.

Looking at Monaco as the most similar track to Hungary in many ways, you'd expect Aston Martin, Alpine and McLaren to show up a bit better than average and Mercedes and Ferrari to have less fun. 

AM seem to be very slow on the updates, Spain was the first update, while Mercedes have had 2 if not 3.  While Mercedes needed it, you could argue that standing still in F1 is going backwards.   

I do hope they bounce back.  

I have given up on Ferrari, that team is rotten.

• The topic was pinned
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

AM seem to be very slow on the updates, Spain was the first update, while Mercedes have had 2 if not 3.  While Mercedes needed it, you could argue that standing still in F1 is going backwards.   

I do hope they bounce back.  

I have given up on Ferrari, that team is rotten.

Yeah Mercedes created what was essentially a B-Spec car and Toto Wolff is already referring to it as "another diva". I can't imagine that took up a small part of their development budget. Frustrating for Mercedes because looking at their performances, it's totally forgettable that they completely changed the concept of their car. Thankfully for them, they don't have a liability driver like Stroll at Aston Martin and they're operationally sound unlike Ferrari, so 2nd place in the WCC should be theirs. 

• Subscriber

Hope Lando has another good race tomorrow and can mix things up with a good run into turn 1 where Max may be vulnerable.

Really pleased for Lewis.. apparently Merc have been putting more focus on their 2024 car recently. 🤔

AM are in danger of watching all the early season work go to waste.  I suppose if you offered them 5th place they would have taken it,  but the season looked like it could have been better.   The snail pace of upgrades are leaving them far behind.  They can hope and prey that Ferrari do Ferrari things and end the season behind them,  but that would take enormous amounts of fortune.   

The mid season break is needed and a lot of upgrades are needed to stop petering out into a so-so season. 

Oh Lewis, 2021 ending horribly.

Oh Lewis, the scars of 2021 are yet to heal.

Oh Lewis, 2022 was a barren year.

Oh Lewis, the porpoise hurt your back.

Oh Lewis, a pole was so far away.

Oh Lewis, is a other race win on the cards?

Oh Lewis, will Hungary be the turning point?

Oh Lewis.

14 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

How have Alfa rocked up and inexplicably qualified like a top three team xD

That really took me by surprise as well today. What kind of upgrades did they bring? xD

And I really felt happy for Lewis today. Hearing him and Bono happy on the radio felt really nice. Like a blast from the past. xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived