talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Michael Olise - Rejects Chelsea; Signs New Palace Contract

• Administrator

Agree with the above. Cheap considering his talent & potential. I think if Arsenal didn't have Saka and Martinelli bossing their wings and the attacking midfield of Odegaard/Trossard/Havertz, he'd fit right in there. 

• The title was changed to Michael Olise - £35m Release Clause May Still be Active

@StanWhat did I spell wrong?!?

Regarding the cheap clause, he never would have joined us had it not been for that clause. Its still over four times what we paid for him and he caused a good domino effect of players to sign shortly after. So I'd say its been worth it.

It's just a shame there isn't a Brennan Johnson emerging in The Championship who we could pick up in the 20m region and integrate quickly in to the first team.

He should 100% stay for another season at Palace.

Last season was the first point at Palace where he was getting continuous games under his belt without injury interupting and running up some good form.

This move feels at least a year too early. He should stay, get 35+ games under his belt and step up as the star man with no Zaha there.

If he could chip in with 8-10 goals and 11-12 assists, that would be a solid season.

Just feels like he's gonna move to Chelsea and be in and out which may halt his progression.

Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson has suggested that Michael Olise could end up joining either Manchester City or Chelsea.

As relayed by Fabrizio Romano, this revelation emerges after it was reported on Thursday that the 21-year-old, who has a £35 million release clause in his contract and would find it hard to turn down a move to either club.

A Palace ITK has come out on Instagram and said the release clause is higher. He also said the leaks about the release clause have come from his agent because they're pushing for a new contract with a considerable pay rise.

Usually Id think that's rubbish, but I don't think its coincidental that all these reports started the same day that Wilfried Zaha signed for Galatasary. Freeing up 200k a week in ages.

• The title was changed to Michael Olise - Rejects Chelsea; Signs New Palace Contract