talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mohamed Salah - Liverpool Reject £150m Al-Ittihad Offer

• Administrator
7 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

it was reported by his agent and nothing it was the telegraph that broke it.  if he wasn't interested he wouldn't have entertained it.   

And he hasn't entertained a move. So therefore he wasn't interested, by your logic. 

Pretty sure his agent has always said he's not moving. 

So not sure what 'report' you're on about. 

8 hours ago, Stan said:

And he hasn't entertained a move. So therefore he wasn't interested, by your logic. 

Pretty sure his agent has always said he's not moving. 

So not sure what 'report' you're on about. 

it was the athletic that broke a story that Salah and his agent had meaningful discussions and he was open to go if liverpool were prepared to sell him.   it then became common on all major media.

12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If we want to grab one of the top players in the world, they’re going to end up costing about what we get for Mo. They also came in for him days before the window shut, when we were never going to sell, and even continuing for a week after the window shut because Saudi royals don’t understand being told no.

It’s not like we could get City to agree to sell us Haaland or that Mbappe wouldn’t have an insanely inflated price.

Obviously you don't make a fifa move. But I'm sure there are some brilliant players that are at least 'half' available for the right price, and yeah, you might write off this season a touch, but given you've had a lot of transfers already it would just be a continuation of you freshening up the squad. If you win the league or CL this season and Salah plays a big role, I'm wrong and you can sue me. But otherwise I really do think this is a great time to make the sale (if not this summer then next) 

I’m almost certain he leaves next summer. He will want to go and play and be a king in a Muslim country, plus the money being mind boggling doesn’t hurt either. If we can get the same sort of money at the START of the next summer window, I think we will sell. 

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/liverpool-transfer-bruno-guimaraes-klopp-27680551

If I were a conspiracy theorist maybe there is a exchange trying to be worked here.

The 100m would be useful to get Antonio Silva and allow us to sell off some older players.  Silva, Botman, Livramento and Hall will take us from one of the oldest backlines to one of the youngest.

• 2 weeks later...