talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mohamed Salah - Liverpool Reject £150m Al-Ittihad Offer

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Al-Ittihad have said they are pretty confident this gets done this sumer.  It might be false bravado,  but I belive they have til September 30th before their window closes.  Could be a long month for Liverpool.

Basic question I know, but I really don't know the rules. Could a player leave his Premier League club after PL's transfer window is closed? 

Edited by El Profesor

18 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Basic question I know, but I really don't know the rules. Could a player leave his Premier League club after PL's transfer window is closed? 

That's the problem.  You can lose a player while any windows are opened.  You don't have to sell of course but it's tough keeping a player who wants to leave.

23 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

That's the problem.  You can lose a player while any windows are opened.  You don't have to sell of course but it's tough keeping a player who wants to leave.

Yes, I think the best option is to sell a player that wants to leave. Not sure if that's the case with Salah obviosuly, but in general I agree with you. Here in Brazil, it's very common to see players burning all bridges and refusing to train and to play in order to force a move.

The problem though is that even if Liverpool receives a huge fee for Salah finding a replacement is very difficult. Especially when teams know you have a need and know you have money. That reminds me of Neymar's Barcelona exit. They paid a lot of money a significantly worse player (Ousmande Dembélé) because Dortmund knew Barça had received more than 200 million euros from PSG and needed a winger.

• Upvote 1

we need some "jump to conclusions mats" in here.

they have been interested in Salah for months, the growing dissolution at Anfield may present itself as an opportunity.

it looks as though Salah has agreed terms which is an implied "I want to go".

Edited by OrangeKhrush

9 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

If Newcastle wanted to play 4D Chess they would have done it with Man City, not a team they left behind last year.

I think we're more a threat to them wanting CL football again than City is, because City are just going to win the league again most likely while we're in a rebuild trying to be less shit than we were last year & they'll be trying to show they can be CL regulars. Seems on brand for PIF tbh, considering our stance has remained clear and his agent's come out and said the same things before about Mo having no plans to leave this season.

35 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

It is still a lot of conjecture,  maybe there are legitimate reasons to Mo Salah wanting to leave,  beyond a good payday,  maybe he has grown disillusioned by Liverpool's state of affairs.   

According to his agent, he doesn't want to leave xD the conjecture's only really coming from one place.

32 minutes ago, Devil said:

What figure would the Saudis needs to realistically offer for Liverpool to say we can't turn that down for a player 30+ years of age?

FSG would accept 100m no questions asked. It’s inevitable he moves to the Saudi league, we just can’t allow it to happen with less than a week of our window left. 

Edited by Rick

10 hours ago, Rick said:

FSG would accept 100m no questions asked. It’s inevitable he moves to the Saudi league, we just can’t allow it to happen with less than a week of our window left. 

That's lower than I actually thought. Given the short notice and the effects it would have on your league chances I don't think 100 million is anywhere near enough.

150 million and if it was my clubs player I'd say you have to take it. That could be invested in two top players or one younger world class player.

£60m is not much if you consider the financial ramifications of potentially missing out on the top 4 for 2 years in a row. Not a risk worth taking. I'm not saying they would finish outside of the top 4 if he leaves, but chance of it would surely increase.

Liverpool would be crazy selling him now.  if this was July then sure, you have time to find cover.  

on the flip side if liverpool get 100m for him, everyone will know Liverpool are loaded.  Evan Ferguson is a logical fit but he will cost 70+.  Thuram will cost 60+ and a CB like Antonio Silva has a 90m release which benfica want.

Edited by OrangeKhrush

• The title was changed to Mohamed Salah - Al Ittihad Make Offer
  • The title was changed to Mohamed Salah - Liverpool Reject £150m Al-Ittihad Offer