talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mohamed Salah - Liverpool Reject £150m Al-Ittihad Offer

8 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I do believe he will go, but to do it so late is madness.

Surely this club aren’t this inept to let him leave with two days of the window left. There would be little time for a replacement if they haven’t prepared one in advance. Will be a real sickener if he goes this summer. 

Liverpool should have accepted.

Liverpool have Luis Diaz, Darwin Nunez, Jota, and Gakpo. They probably need one more but £150m is worth a selection headache that might not even rear its head. Harvey Eliott or Szoboszlai could play there if needs be as well.

7 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Liverpool have Luis Diaz, Darwin Nunez, Jota, and Gakpo. They probably need one more but £150m is worth a selection headache that might not even rear its head. Harvey Eliott or Szoboszlai could play there if needs be as well.

Salah has been far and away the most productive winger in the PL for how many seasons though. This late in the window would be madness. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

None of them play from the right, Elliott too slow to play there as well I think. Losing Salah now without a replacement probably costs Liverpool a top four place

• Upvote 1

• The title was changed to Mohamed Salah - Liverpool Reject £150m Al-Ittihad Offer
14 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

None of them play from the right, Elliott too slow to play there as well I think. Losing Salah now without a replacement probably costs Liverpool a top four place

Pretty sure the Saudis only sent a bid to be annoying because Klopp complained their transfer window goes longer than ours 

If we sell him at this point it’s a disgrace. Not because it’s not enough money, it obviously is, but if the club sell after taking the “not for sale” stance for the last few weeks, they they have will have left us severely weakened and will have made a right mug of Klopp. 

Al-Ittihad is preparing an offer of 233 million euros for Salah. That would make him the most expensive player in the history of football, surpassing Neymar's transfer. 

At this point, you have really to consider that the saudis are deliberately trying to destabilize Liverpool. If they really did want the player, they wouldn't wait until the last day of the transfer window to make this offer. 

I am not sure what is the exactly reason behind it though.

Every player has his price, 200 million pounds. If Liverpool turn that down for a 31 year old then that's just stupid.

So what you lessen your chance of the Champions league for one season. That money could buy you two players of his quality and put you back into domination. 

Alternatively you can keep him and watch him decline for the next few years.

33 minutes ago, Devil said:

Every player has his price, 200 million pounds. If Liverpool turn that down for a 31 year old then that's just stupid.

So what you lessen your chance of the Champions league for one season. That money could buy you two players of his quality and put you back into domination. 

Alternatively you can keep him and watch him decline for the next few years.

That's not that much more than the price for qualifying for the champions league lol.

Throwing in the towel on the season 3 matches into it would be an absolute joke. They want him at the deadline, it's got to be something much higher otherwise they can fuck right off. They had all summer buying players, if they wanted him this badly they could have done it earlier. It does us no favours having everyone know we're flush with cash months before a window opens too.

I think it's telling United fans are the ones thinking "yeah, that's worth it" xD

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That's not that much more than the price for qualifying for the champions league lol.

Throwing in the towel on the season 3 matches into it would be an absolute joke. They want him at the deadline, it's got to be something much higher otherwise they can fuck right off. They had all summer buying players, if they wanted him this badly they could have done it earlier. It does us no favours having everyone know we're flush with cash months before a window opens too.

I think it's telling United fans are the ones thinking "yeah, that's worth it" xD

He's 31 years of age. Everybody has a price and you could be getting double his value. Maybe not even double, maybe treble his value given his age.

Even without Salah you'd stand a good chance of qualifying for the Champions league anyway so it seems ridiculous not to sell.

Edited by Devil

1 minute ago, Devil said:

He's 31 years of age. Everybody has a price and you could be getting double his value. Maybe not even double, maybe treble his value given his age.

Even without Salah you'd stand a good chance of qualifying for the Champions league anyway so it seems ridiculous not to sell.

I'd only sell if we get something like £350m or something absolutely insane. Otherwise, I think we should give it our all for the season as we originally intended.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'd only sell if we get something like £350m or something absolutely insane

More chance of me waking up 10 years younger tomorrow morning than them offering a fee like that... If true £150Mill for a 31 year old is not something to be sniffed at.. 

Devil is correct in that it is well above market value and the highest bid Liverpool will ever get for him.   However it comes down to whether or not Liverpool feel they have enough depth to carry on without him knowing a replacement will be hard to get.    

Liverpool clearly feel it is to much risk to sell.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'd only sell if we get something like £350m or something absolutely insane. Otherwise, I think we should give it our all for the season as we originally intended.

Well put it this way, the word on the United forum I post on is that the majority of reds don't want you to sell him. Reality is that 200 million thrown together with whatever else money you've got at your disposal next window or next summer could help you get Mitomo or one of the other worlds top prospects.

We seen what the Coutinho money did to you. 

1 minute ago, Devil said:

Well put it this way, the word on the United forum I post on is that the majority of reds don't want you to sell him. Reality is that 200 million thrown together with whatever else money you've got at your disposal next window or next summer could help you get Mitomo or one of the other worlds top prospects.

We seen what the Coutinho money did to you. 

Yeah when we sold Coutinho we changed how we played completely, I doubt we do that now - and we'd be going into the rest of the season with Elliott (too slow to really be of any use on the wing), Doak (younger than something that's very young), Kaide Gordon (same as Doak). It's basically throwing the towel in on a season where we've got a good chance of having a good season if we give it a good go both halves of the season.

Unless we somehow manage to squeeze a last minute transfer for Mbappe in, and there's no way to guarantee he'd even be keen on joining, it's a pretty awful idea for us because we've had no time to bring in a proper replacement.