talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tyler Adams - Completes Medical with Bournemouth

I think what absolutely aggrevates me about all this is you see some of the inflated fees players have moved under this summer and then we have that absolute tosspot, Victor Orta, putting a £20m release clause on a bloke we paid that for in the first place.

Given the impressive season he had, not to mention a solid World Cup, we should easily be doubling that fee. He's clearly better than that.

Personally think he should go somewhere else than Chelsea because they will sign him to be a squad player, they will fight for Caicedo to the end. Somewhere else, Adams becomes first choice. But up to him I suppose.

It has honestly been a Summer to forget and the various contract clauses have caused such a cluster fuck, it's really set our own preperations back.

Edited by Lucas

Doubt this gets over the line. We do a lot of enquiring without actually pulling the trigger. Covering our bases seems to be the new strategy this ownership has implemented. 

We have Andrey Santos and Lesley Ugochukwu already. If anything, I can see those two going out on loan with Tyler Adams coming in as a loan with buy option. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Doubt this gets over the line. We do a lot of enquiring without actually pulling the trigger. Covering our bases seems to be the new strategy this ownership has implemented. 

We have Andrey Santos and Lesley Ugochukwu already. If anything, I can see those two going out on loan with Tyler Adams coming in as a loan with buy option

I'm pretty sure that won't happen.

Don't forget we have loaned out several players so far because we were contractually obliged to.

Tyler has a release clause but no loan clause and with our own needs in mind, I can't see us doing that. We want to spend money ourselves whilst being concious of FFP.

It'll be a sale to someone or he stays. Guess what Chelsea need to work out is how much they actually want him or whether he's just a second or third back up option if Caicedo or whoever doesnt get done.

Edited by Lucas

Seems very odd to me Chelsea would let it go that far then pull the plug, that's borderline messed up if they have used him as a pawn in getting Caicedo.

He's going to replace Caicedo at Brighton anyway, would arguably be a better move for him from a First Team perspective.

• The title was changed to Tyler Adams - Brighton In Pole Position to Sign Midfielder

Would be a very good fit at Brighton. Everyone knows Brighton have just received a lot of money though, Leeds will probably try to milk Brighton just like Brighton milked Chelsea. £40m. But they'll probably get him for £25m.

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Would be a very good fit at Brighton. Everyone knows Brighton have just received a lot of money though, Leeds will probably try to milk Brighton just like Brighton milked Chelsea. £40m. But they'll probably get him for £25m.

Has a release clause doesn’t he for £20 mill?

• The title was changed to Tyler Adams - Completes Medical with Bournemouth