talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Yeah, we look very slow doing everything. Most these players have been together a fortnight and considering the season is less than two weeks away you'd expect better. 

Its concerning as well because Napoli are behind us in their preparations yet look miles ahead fitness wise. People might point to us missing 4 or 5 of our best players but them returning wont help at all initially because their fitness levels and match sharpness will be around zero.

Slow start to the season for us is my prediction based on how poor we have looked in each pre season game. 

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Nice to see from the retweets on my timeline that Liverpool Twitter gets as hysterical as Everton Twitter over meaningless pre season friendlies.

Every fanbase has these idiots. It's more ridiculous with Liverpool though seeing as they just won the Champions League.

I mean there's idiots going overboard and then there's people like me who aren't impressed by the fitness of the players. One week until the season kicks off and we don't look up to scratch. Firmino, Salah and Mane aren't coming back in till this week so they are gonna be even further behind. 

8 hours ago, Rick said:

I mean there's idiots going overboard and then there's people like me who aren't impressed by the fitness of the players. One week until the season kicks off and we don't look up to scratch. Firmino, Salah and Mane aren't coming back in till this week so they are gonna be even further behind. 

These games get given far too much attention. Anyway, when would they have got back from America? Didn't they play over there Wednesday night/Thursday morning? So not much time to recover

Not bothered about the results. These are preseason friendlies. The only issue for me remains lack of signings. We needed a few. And it seems  that Klopp has decided  to trust the players he already has on the basis of last season. Can't overly criticise him. But I have a bad feeling that we might regret this decision. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

4 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Not bothered about the results. These are preseason friendlies. The only issue for me remains lack of signings. We needed a few. And it seems  that Klopp has decided  to trust the players he already has on the basis of last season. Can't overly criticise him. But I have a bad feeling that we might regret this decision. 

We will regret it. As greats as our front three are, you can't rest on your laurels. 

Suppose Spurs did it and got to a European final though, so goes both ways haha 

6 hours ago, Rick said:

We will regret it. As greats as our front three are, you can't rest on your laurels. 

Suppose Spurs did it and got to a European final though, so goes both ways haha 

Yep, injury or exhaustion to any of our forwards and we are left relying on  Origi, a young kid and Shaq. 

The thing with Spurs' and our run is that it was in cup competition. In league you need your best players playing all the time, and their replacements contributing when called upon. We were kinda lucky with injuries last season. City's Achilles was no backup DM. They have remedied that, while we are going into the season with kid, Milly and Gomez (an injury prone lad) for backup FBs and vastly average and unproven backups up top. 

I hope I am proven wrong by the likes of Origi, Hoever and Ox. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I suspect we’ll bin off the domestic cups again, with more fixtures than we had last year and substantially the same squad 

That would be a shame. A cup win is a cup win. Not friendly like Community Shield. But FA is prestigious still in my mind, and the League Cup ain't trash. Of course the league and UCL will always be way above them, but I don't think City or the past LFC teams thought like that. They try to win them all. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

You won't be proved wrong. I love Origi and Shaq, but they are a fucking far sight from the likes of Mahrez and Sane on the City bench. 

As it stands we aren't gonna finish as close to City as last year. I very much doubt we are gonna bring in two or three new players before next Friday. 

Edited by Rick

19 minutes ago, Rick said:

You won't be proved wrong. I love Origi and Shaq, but they are a fucking far sight from the likes of Mahrez and Sane on the City bench. 

As it stands we aren't gonna finish as close to City as last year. I very much doubt we are gonna bring in two or three new players before next Friday. 

And bringing two or three in doesn't necessarily mean we'll finish as close to them again. I'd like one in but if it doesn't happen I think I've learnt to trust Klopp and whoever else is involved in transfers. Judge them in May

• Upvote 1