talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

• Administrator

Had no idea Firmino & Matip were 30+.

So much quality and experience but you wonder what the next couple of years holds and how these players will continue and depart. In capable hands given Liverpool's recruitment record though... 

Just heard Martin Tyler's Hillsborough comments. It sounded like when listening back, that he was mentioning Hillsborough and hooliganism as two separate issues that caused a crisis in the game at the time, rather than suggesting hooliganism caused the Hillsborough tragedy.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Danny said:

Just heard Martin Tyler's Hillsborough comments. It sounded like when listening back, that he was mentioning Hillsborough and hooliganism as two separate issues that caused a crisis in the game at the time, rather than suggesting hooliganism caused the Hillsborough tragedy.

Nah, it's really badly worded at best but I'd suggest that he knows what he's doing and the damage is done.

He hates Liverpool/Scousers.

He's a cunt

14 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Nah, it's really badly worded at best but I'd suggest that he knows what he's doing and the damage is done.

He hates Liverpool/Scousers.

He's a cunt

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Well done LFC. They've been shit on the Hillsborough stuff previously but can't fault them in recent years

Surely not? It seems more like it was clumsily worded than anything. Why would he hate Scousers?

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Surely not? It seems more like it was clumsily worded than anything. Why would he hate Scousers?

I know someone who's heard him say those exact words. You might think that's ridiculous but that's the truth

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I know someone who's heard him say those exact words. You might think that's ridiculous but that's the truth

Yeah maybe, but you can’t blame me for being sceptical about third hand info

48 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

No but when you hear his commentary on Liverpool games it makes sense

Now that I think about it, yes he is a cunt.

'It's pronounced Hall-and in Norway, but we are in England so we will say Haa-land'. Who the fuck openly admits to mispronouncing someone's name intentionally?

16 minutes ago, Spike said:

Now that I think about it, yes he is a cunt.

'It's pronounced Hall-and in Norway, but we are in England so we will say Haa-land'. Who the fuck openly admits to mispronouncing someone's name intentionally?

No idea what you're on about 

39 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

No idea what you're on about 

What do you mean? I literally just explained it to you, I honestly don’t know how you could misread or not understand my post, I am actually shocked. You are fucking with me right?

Edited by Spike

5 hours ago, Spike said:

What do you mean? I literally just explained it to you, I honestly don’t know how you could misread or not understand my post, I am actually shocked. You are fucking with me right?

No idea what the Haaland thing is about 

We’ve needed another CM since Gini left. Thiago’s injury just makes a mockery of what our options are in that position.

After those three players who started the game we have Jones (flatters to deceive after a bright start), Keita (so inconsistent, always injured), Milner (good player, but can’t start and finish a game) and Ox (waste of time). 

Klopp is on about having 8 players in that position but 5 of those 8 can’t be counted on whatsoever. Think it’s important that we bring in somebody this window. I am all for Bellingham next summer, but we can’t act like if he comes in our midfield is fixed. All three of those three who started the Fulham game are 30+, we need better coming through than we currently have because I have no faith that Jones is going to be the player we thought he was going to be and the likes of Ox & Milner won’t be here much longer.

Handing Keita another contract is a head scratcher unless he has taken a big pay cut. He has non stop niggling injuries, has never established himself with a run of games. 

5 minutes ago, Rick said:

So we have one midfield target? Bellingham is the only one we are linked with which would be impossible this window. 

We don't need to be linked to players for Liverpool to be interested. Were we linked to Fabinho in the press before he signed? Jota? 

Anyway I recall a link to a player from Sporting although can't recall if it was reported by anyone reliable.

5 hours ago, LFCMike said:

No idea what the Haaland thing is about 

You said he is a cunt.

I said oh yeah I agree.

Then I gave a specific piece of commentary and of his showcasing his cuntiness. I thought it was obvious.

I'm a bit worried about our midfield just because we're relying on so many injury prone players this season. I think this is a big year for Jones (although he's already injured), Elliott, and Carvalho. There will be enough moments for them to get big chances to stake a claim in the midfield.

I'm also wondering if with the injuries we've got right now if we'll see a bit of a different formation to our usual formation. I doubt it though, seems like Klopp hates changing the shape unless he absolutely has to.

We rely too much on injury prone players. Thiago, Ox, Keita, Jones. Losing Thiago for the next six weeks is terrible news, and if we don’t bring in a quality CM then we haven’t learned from the 20/21 season.

28 minutes ago, Rick said:

We rely too much on injury prone players. Thiago, Ox, Keita, Jones. Losing Thiago for the next six weeks is terrible news, and if we don’t bring in a quality CM then we haven’t learned from the 20/21 season.

It doesn't sound like you haven't learned from that season though, it sounds like you've tried to sign two separate high profile centre mids and missed out on them (one for the foreseeable, the other for this season).

But transfer strategy's are hard and sometimes you have to wait 6 months - 12 months longer than you'd want for your target to come in, because the player you're signing needs to fit the bill for a 5-6 year period, not just the next 6 months.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, Rick said:

I'm surprised you've persisted with Ox for so long, especially considering he had his injury problems beforehand.