talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

9 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.d935c992be91580b9f27cbfd98e6dc3b.png

The future of Liverpool's kit deal is set to be confirmed on Friday when a judge decides whether New Balance or Nike have rights to the lucrative contract. (Liverpool Echo)

Nike won the case.

Not sure how I feel about it tbh - because I don't really buy kits. But the New Balance ones were really nice looking and fairly unique, imo. But the big criticism was that New Balance's distribution was crap so the shirts would always sell out and then it would take forever for them to be back in stock.

Nike's unlikely to have stocking issues like New Balance. But the kits are probably going to look generic as fuck, because that's what Nike does - just recycles the same year's designs around for as many clubs and international sides as possible. They're also a pretty horrible company - though I'm pretty sure all of these kit manufacturers are as well. And we had Adidas as a kit maker before and they're just as bad as Nike.

13 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nike won the case.

Not sure how I feel about it tbh - because I don't really buy kits. But the New Balance ones were really nice looking and fairly unique, imo. But the big criticism was that New Balance's distribution was crap so the shirts would always sell out and then it would take forever for them to be back in stock.

Nike's unlikely to have stocking issues like New Balance. But the kits are probably going to look generic as fuck, because that's what Nike does - just recycles the same year's designs around for as many clubs and international sides as possible. They're also a pretty horrible company - though I'm pretty sure all of these kit manufacturers are as well. And we had Adidas as a kit maker before and they're just as bad as Nike.

I actually think New Balance were only ever good at home kits. The away ones went from underwhelming to atrocious in some cases. Nike will keep the home kit traditional at least. They also wont make as many questionable decisions on the away tops. I’m looking forward to what they bring actually. Shame that Umbro or Adidas weren’t in the running though, as I think both make better designs than Nike. 

Plus, if it ends up with Nike sponsoring a move for Mbappe, then even better 👀👀

• Subscriber

Probably not the place for this discussion but I'd rather Sancho stayed where he was and not return to England. As for Nike, I don't care really who is our sponsor as long as they do a good job and Nike have a history of being very marketable. 

The refs for the match against Villa are... Jon Moss (regular ref), and Martin fuckin' Atkinson (VAR ref). Jon Moss is too fat to be a ref and Atkinson put in a shambolic performance on the pitch not too long ago for me to want him doing the VAR review. Not too happy with this.

• Administrator

Do you guys reckon there'll be a relatively weakened squad against Genk before the Man City match? Can't see the front 3 all playing together... Maybe one or 2 for some of the match? Can imagine Fabinho and full backs may be rested too? 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Do you guys reckon there'll be a relatively weakened squad against Genk before the Man City match? Can't see the front 3 all playing together... Maybe one or 2 for some of the match? Can imagine Fabinho and full backs may be rested too? 

Has to be really. The City game is absolutely crucial for us, and we can afford to rest against Genk.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

There's a chance Fabinho misses Villa because of his yellow card situation, so if he does, I think he'll probably play v Genk. I reckon the two full backs play and one gets rested whenever we have the match won. I think you could be right about one of the front three being rested. There's no need for wholesale changes, Tuesday-Sunday isn't too bad really. Might be different if it was Wednesday-Saturday.

46 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Rumours Matip is out for six weeks

Fuck sake. I don’t not trust Lovren whatsoever nowadays. Because he’s fighting for that spot in the team, his emotions are at an all time high and he makes too many emotional led decisions on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Joemez against City seems like a better option

He's not looked great when he's played recently though. A lack of games is clearly affecting him. Hopefully getting minutes against Arsenal and possibly Genk sees an improvement from him

• Subscriber

https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/#/yr/2020

Was looking at this today on UEFA's site and I only posted it here because I was a bit amused at our scores. In the year we went to the finals and lost we were clearly the second best team in the competition. But, the year after that we were third and behind two clubs with a better overall record in the competition with Spurs coming in sixth. Just goes to show that stats can be misleading at times.

As in the last round, Pep has basically been left in charge of this game against Arsenal in the CC. It looks like he will be in charge of most of our domestic cup games which suggests Pep is being groomed as Klopps replacement. I'd put money on it. 

This is a great watch for Liverpool fans, hes much like Klopp in how he conducts himself and how he comes across, even how he speaks. 

I'm convinced Pep will be our next manager. 

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

As in the last round, Pep has basically been left in charge of this game against Arsenal in the CC. It looks like he will be in charge of most of our domestic cup games which suggests Pep is being groomed as Klopps replacement. I'd put money on it. 

This is a great watch for Liverpool fans, hes much like Klopp in how he conducts himself and how he comes across, even how he speaks. 

Pep needs an easier challenge 

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I was going to mention this about whether people thought this could be the case because I'd seen it discussed elsewhere. Certainly a possibility

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I was going to mention this about whether people thought this could be the case because I'd seen it discussed elsewhere. Certainly a possibility

Well apparently Klopp rates him so highly hes basically showing him the ropes ready for when he leaves (which I fucking hope is a good few years yet o.O).

I thought Gerrard would be the next manager but by all accounts its Pep. Hes very similar to Klopp in a lot of ways so yeah, I can see this happening. 

Fuck losing Klopp though... I'll be distraught :shoot:

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Well apparently Klopp rates him so highly hes basically showing him the ropes ready for when he leaves (which I fucking hope is a good few years yet o.O).

I thought Gerrard would be the next manager but by all accounts its Pep. Hes very similar to Klopp in a lot of ways so yeah, I can see this happening. 

Fuck losing Klopp though... I'll be distraught :shoot:

Gerrard would be a long way off yet. I don't think he'd be in consideration if Klopp was going at the end of his current contract in 2022

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Gerrard would be a long way off yet. I don't think he'd be in consideration if Klopp was going at the end of his current contract in 2022

Dunno, Lampard got his chance with similar experience. It's obvious though who our next manager will be. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Dunno, Lampard got his chance with similar experience. It's obvious though who our next manager will be. 

Because Chelsea weren't in the best situation. Transfer ban etc. If Gerrard gets the Liverpool job in the next few years then things probably aren't going well on or off the pitch (or both)