talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Because Chelsea weren't in the best situation. Transfer ban etc. If Gerrard gets the Liverpool job in the next few years then things probably aren't going well on or off the pitch (or both)

Yep, good point. You could say the same about Pep though who himself is very inexperienced as a manager. 

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yep, good point. You could say the same about Pep though who himself is very inexperienced as a manager. 

True, I suppose he has the advantage of being a big influence in the current set up though.

Anyway, all things well, Klopp will extend beyond 2022!

Apparently we're contemplating having 2 teams go out on the same day in two different competitions to manage the fixture pileup. If that League Cup side isn't just the U23s... I think it's a mistake and we should just pull out of the competition. Although binning off an actual competition for some FIFA created bullshit that only started in 2000 seems wrong... but there's actual money to be won in the CWC, so it's obviously going to be more of a priority to the club. 

52 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Apparently we're contemplating having 2 teams go out on the same day in two different competitions to manage the fixture pileup. If that League Cup side isn't just the U23s... I think it's a mistake and we should just pull out of the competition. Although binning off an actual competition for some FIFA created bullshit that only started in 2000 seems wrong... but there's actual money to be won in the CWC, so it's obviously going to be more of a priority to the club. 

The under 23's cant play it. They have 2 games that week. 

You can't just put a team full of kids out against a Premier League side. Us fans might say things like that now and again, maybe half serious, but in all seriousness, they'd get battered and it would be no good for their development at all. There has to be at least a few experienced heads alongside them. I think Liverpool have got the balance right in the two League Cup games so far this season

4 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Shocking that there's not a plan in place for this already. How have they been completely blindsided by us winning two League Cup ties?

You'd think that Liverpool would have been making the Football League aware of the issue before the season started. I'd be shocked if they didn't

7 hours ago, LFCMike said:

You'd think that Liverpool would have been making the Football League aware of the issue before the season started. I'd be shocked if they didn't

LFC apparently asked to be excused from the league cup but was refused . Its total incompetence on their part that it's got to this stage. That's why Klopp is so pissed off. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

• Subscriber

Liverpool should tell the EFL that they are out and not even bother about them rescheduling the matches. The hurt there is that the youngsters have played some excellent games to get this far and it would be a bit cruel to cut their chances of game-time. 

2 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

How does it feel to be a Liverpool supporter right now? @Mel81x @Dr. Gonzo @LFCMike @LFCMadLad @Rick @Spike @Dr Boris Gobshite @Burning Gold @Harry

Are you worried about the time after Klopp or that you might lose an irreplaceable player?

I’m obviously fucking over the moon with how we are doing right now. Don’t wanna think too much about Life after Klopp. And as far as players go, we lost Coutinho at a time where he was very important and look at us now. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

How does it feel to be a Liverpool supporter right now? @Mel81x @Dr. Gonzo @LFCMike @LFCMadLad @Rick @Spike @Dr Boris Gobshite @Burning Gold @Harry

Are you worried about the time after Klopp or that you might lose an irreplaceable player?

Its obviously a great time to be a supporter. We've been progressing nicely every season, won a European title and this season we're still ahead in the league. I agree with what was said above, we can't worry too much about Klopp leaving right now, enjoy it for what it is and I think the bigger fear is getting overturned this season as well. Next week plays a very important role in what the season may end up like.

Not worrying about that, just enjoying watching this side under this manager. There was a stage where you couldn't argue with our star players looking to move but I think the way this side has developed since coutinho left and the way things have gone for him we can legitimately say why would you want to leave

26 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

It feels just fantastic, even though I am not a Liverpool supporter.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Not worrying about that, just enjoying watching this side under this manager. There was a stage where you couldn't argue with our star players looking to move but I think the way this side has developed since coutinho left and the way things have gone for him we can legitimately say why would you want to leave

I think the only way you’ll lose players is if you win the league and they want a new challenge i.e. spain

31 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think the only way you’ll lose players is if you win the league and they want a new challenge i.e. spain

But even then, why would you want to leave a side that has won the league and will be in the latter stages of the Champions League each year? I think the only way Liverpool lose a star player now is if they're a willing seller, ie if they think they're past their prime and decide to cash in

16 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

But even then, why would you want to leave a side that has won the league and will be in the latter stages of the Champions League each year? I think the only way Liverpool lose a star player now is if they're a willing seller, ie if they think they're past their prime and decide to cash in

I’m not saying you’ll lose them but Ronaldo left United for Spain after essentially completing England...if you win the league then the likes of Salah and Mane may at some point fancy a new challenge...especially if it’s with Barce or Real Madrid

You could keep them for the rest of their careers, who knows, but no club in England is big enough to overshadow the two Spanish clubs when it comes to pulling power 

If a player wants to leave, let them leave. Any of our first 11 would cost an absolute fucking fortune though. 

Klopp is the best manager in the world bar none btw. What he has done to this club is nothing short of astounding.

Edited by LFCMadLad

9 hours ago, BartraPique1932 said:

I'm mostly concerned that klopp may not extend and could feasibly leave in 2 years without having won the league. That would be a big blow. It's critical I think that we achieve more honours in the next two years....

Players-wise I'm not concerned. The premier league is probably the most interesting challenge in elite football right now so that puts us in good stead to keep players and attract new ones. Of course always a risk that we lose a great player but we are more diversified than we have been in previous years so we could get through it. I'm sure Mane to to Madrid will do the rounds again in the summer and make me uncomfortable

21 hours ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Well everyone else in England hates us. So I feel really really really good. I hope we win the league and people fucking cry