talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 14 - 2-3rd December, 2023

football forum

• Administrator

Gonna be that guy and say that I thought the ref had a good game overall. 

Can't recall any controversies or bad decisions throughout the whole game. 

Then he went and fucked up with that mess of a decision at the end. Shame that'll be the talking point from today despite it being quite a good game. Spurs never gave up at all. Postecoglou and the fans must be loving that result given the amount of injuries. 

The only thing I can think of as to why Hooper blew his whistle, is that when he played advantage and then blew his whistle the linesman then could have said Grealish was potential offside on their comms. But because they're told to wait to put their flag up, the ref wanted to avoid any further play and bring the ball back for a Man City free kick for the foul. But in the end all he's done is create more. 

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

Gonna be that guy and say that I thought the ref had a good game overall. 

Can't recall any controversies or bad decisions throughout the whole game. 

Then he went and fucked up with that mess of a decision at the end. Shame that'll be the talking point from today despite it being quite a good game. Spurs never gave up at all. Postecoglou and the fans must be loving that result given the amount of injuries. 

The only thing I can think of as to why Hooper blew his whistle, is that when he played advantage and then blew his whistle the linesman then could have said Grealish was potential offside on their comms. But because they're told to wait to put their flag up, the ref wanted to avoid any further play and bring the ball back for a Man City free kick for the foul. But in the end all he's done is create more. 

I think he blew early because he thought Grealish was going to go down anyway.

The one thing you can always count on is for Sky to make a meal out of small issues.

City have played most of the season without Grealish, De Bruyne and Stones. Of course they are not going to look like the team they were from January on last season. I imagine once all three are back and playing regularly they step up a gear and blow the competition out of the water.

Tottenham have played well today and against Villa also with a massively depleted squad with various fringe players playing out of position. They are not really being exposed badly by anyone, they are not really playing in a way that is unsustainable, they are just playing in a way that is distinctive and that has secured them a lot of points this season. When they get their players back they will go back to playing very well and picking up lots of points to go along with it.

• Upvote 2

• The topic was unpinned