• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 16 - 9-10th December, 2023

football forum

• Administrator

1200px-Premier_League_Logo.svg.png

all kick-offs 15.00 (GMT)

Saturday 9th December, 2023
Crystal Palace vs Liverpool, 12.30 (live on TNT)

Brighton vs Burnley
Man Utd vs Bournemouth
Sheff Utd vs Brentford
Wolves vs Nottm Forest

Aston Villa vs Arsenal, 17.30 (live on Sky)

Sunday 10th December, 2023
Everton vs Chelsea, 14.00
Fulham vs West Ham, 14.00
Luton vs Man City, 14.00 (live on Sky)

Tottenham vs Newcastle, 16.30 (live on Sky)

image.png

• Subscriber

Clumsy from Quansah, literally boots him in midair. I didn't see what happened in the first half but people were kicking off over a 4 minute delay. This is getting so tiresome now but...

1) how do none of the officials see these things in real time

2) how does it take them so long to suggest the referee needs to have a look at the screen

3) why can't they have it so that if there's reasonable doubt, that's when they send the referee to the screen to see the replays and make the decision for himself? It stops the farce of the game being stopped 2-3 minutes later while VAR are doing all of the replays.

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Think that's a correct decision. The attempted clearance was late. Mateta got there first. 

I've not been watching this match, how have Liverpool been playing? They're a goal down thanks to that Palace penalty, but have Liverpool played well today? 

Edited by Michael

• Administrator
Just now, Michael said:

I've not been watching this match, how have Liverpool been playing? They're a goal down thanks to that Palace penalty, but have Liverpool played well today? 

I've only watched since about 30 mins, just before the initial penalty overturn in first half. 

I'd say they've looked okay but blunt in attack. Palace have contained well and I can't recall Johnstone having to make a save. They could be much better compared to what we're used to seeing. 

Hughes has done well in Palace's central midfield. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

I've only watched since about 30 mins, just before the initial penalty overturn in first half. 

I'd say they've looked okay but blunt in attack. Palace have contained well and I can't recall Johnstone having to make a save. They could be much better compared to what we're used to seeing. 

Hughes has done well in Palace's central midfield. 

It sounds like Roy will be happy.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Not sure the 2nd yellow was worth a booking. First one was, for not stepping away far enough. 

I didn’t see the first booking tbh, but the second yellow is like Jota’s second yellow against Spurs - not a booking, let alone a booking amounting to being sent off.

So maybe these things do even out. Looking forward to someone scoring a goal on us and having it ruled out for no reason. Although that one year we never got a beach ball goal for us, so I don’t actually think these things even out.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I didn’t see the first booking tbh, but the second yellow is like Jota’s second yellow against Spurs - not a booking, let alone a booking amounting to being sent off

Liverpool had a free kick, Van Dijk went to take it quickly and Ayew was standing right in front of it. He jumped but it still hit him. And by the law it's a yellow. 

• The topic was unpinned