talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 16 - 9-10th December, 2023

football forum

• Subscriber

Got to feel for Palace here. Questionable red card decision crippled them. Unfortunately for them, like the rest of the non-greedy six clubs, it will be glossed over as the nation's journalists fight over who can write the most boring "it's a mark of champions to find a way to win when you're not playing well"-themed cliche.

• Upvote 1

Palace are right to be pissed off and I hope Hodgson calls out the referee for the stupid decision to give the second yellow because the only way refereeing in this country is going to change is if there's constant pressure on the referees to not be dogshit.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What's a better result from my POV, Arsenal & Villa draw... or Villa wins?

Not sure, but seems at the very least Villa can be a side capable of beating anyone.

They go to Old Trafford on Boxing Day. Still with a feeling they struggle in (big) away games. But have won at Spurs & Chelsea since that perception kicked in.

And so 2nd half of the season, of the current top half, only Man City, Arsenal, Brighton & West Ham will be away games for Villa. Something quite under the radar it feels, right now.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Got to feel for Palace here. Questionable red card decision crippled them. Unfortunately for them, like the rest of the non-greedy six clubs, it will be glossed over as the nation's journalists fight over who can write the most boring "it's a mark of champions to find a way to win when you're not playing well"-themed cliche.

I didn't think you were one of those proper tapped Evertonians until the points deduction

28 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Not sure, but seems at the very least Villa can be a side capable of beating anyone.

They go to Old Trafford on Boxing Day. Still with a feeling they struggle in (big) away games. But have won at Spurs & Chelsea since that perception kicked in.

And so 2nd half of the season, of the current top half, only Man City, Arsenal, Brighton & West Ham will be away games for Villa. Something quite under the radar it feels, right now.

Yeah you're looking very good, I think we got lucky playing you when we did before you started looking as red hot as you look now. I honestly hope you sustain it all season long and keep building on it. I've always liked Villa a bit. I like your stadium, I like Birmingham, I've met some Villa fans who were just good lads who were fun to hang out with (a bit of a wild bunch, loved em) - hope you lot enjoy some good and memorable years for those lads tbh.

If we're going to have an open title race with a lot of teams in it... and if Liverpool don't win it, I think Villa would be the competitor I'd like to see win it if it's not us. Would be a cool story of a sleeping giant waking up.

• Administrator

Onyeka escapes a red card. Was checked on VAR and ref sent to the monitor, but the yellow remained.

Be interesting to see it on highlights. Rare the ref goes to the monitor and sticks to the initial decision.

• The topic was unpinned