talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 17 - 15-17th December, 2023

football forum

• Subscriber

Horrendous 45 minutes of football. Man Utd are playing like a National League North side desperate to secure a replay and with the mentality that they should be proud of themselves if they only lose 2-0. Liverpool very pedestrian too. They're definitely in with a shout of the league this season but this team is quite a bit short of their last title winning side in my opinion.

United's goal kicks have been bizarre. They've not beaten the press once have they? If every time you end up playing it long anyway and under more pressure, why not just take a long goal kick in the first place? It's one thing if those are the manager's instructions but it just shows the lack of leadership and decisiveness in their team that none of them have recognised this yet.

Just now, Dan said:

You seriously need better than Nunez. He's garbage.

I don’t think he’s the problem today tbh. Szobo’s been awful, Gravenberch also not really up to anything. Salah’s not finding any space.

Endo & Diaz have been the only really lively players outside of our defense. Attack will always struggle with the midfield playing like this.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

United's goal kicks have been bizarre. They've not beaten the press once have they? If every time you end up playing it long anyway and under more pressure, why not just take a long goal kick in the first place? It's one thing if those are the manager's instructions but it just shows the lack of leadership and decisiveness in their team that none of them have recognised this yet.

It’s just time wasting

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t think he’s the problem today tbh. Szobo’s been awful, Gravenberch also not really up to anything. Salah’s not finding any space.

Endo & Diaz have been the only really lively players outside of our defense. Attack will always struggle with the midfield playing like this.

He's not been the only problem but he just doesn't seem to have that knack where you need it. That incident late in the half where he's got a chance and ends up dallying. Think if that falls to Salah or Diaz you probably score. Nunez gets it and that happens.

I think you probably need better. I'm finding it bizarre with Liverpool this season. I don't know if I'm getting unlucky on you but I feel like I've hardly seen you play that well.

7 minutes ago, Dan said:

He's not been the only problem but he just doesn't seem to have that knack where you need it. That incident late in the half where he's got a chance and ends up dallying. Think if that falls to Salah or Diaz you probably score. Nunez gets it and that happens.

I think you probably need better. I'm finding it bizarre with Liverpool this season. I don't know if I'm getting unlucky on you but I feel like I've hardly seen you play that well.

I think we’re doing better than I’d have expected at the beginning of the season with a whole new midfield. The fact we’re in a title race is honestly mental to me considering last season and so many changes made over the summer.

We’ve played well in most games this season, it’s probably while we’re in first. We’ve also had some disjoint performances where we’re bad or only good in spurts, but it’s been enough for us.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

This is genuinely one of the lowest quality games I've watched this year and I've been watching the Championship all season.

I'd be concerned if this was a local Sunday League game.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

United actually look more likely to score here in a way but at the same time you get the impression they could counter 5 vs 1 and still not fashion a shot on target.

credit to them for staying in this game and yes they have had 3 good openings.   it has smash and grab written on it

• Administrator

Such a poor game in terms of quality. And barring a Van Dijk header and very close Alexander-Arnold shot, Hojlund has probably had the best chance of the game. One of those where if you're the away side that's exactly the chance you'd want and for someone to finish it.

The whole game has lacked any kind of cohesion or rhythm or flow. And for once that's not even because of the referee. Both teams have been shite.