• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2023/24 - Third Round Matches

football forum

• Administrator

image.png

all kick-offs 15.00 (GMT) unless stated

Thursday 4th January, 2024
Crystal Palace vs Everton, 20.00 (live on ITV4)

Friday 5th January, 2024
Brentford vs Wolves, 19.15
Fulham vs Rotherham, 19.30
Tottenham vs Burnley, 20.00 (live on ITV1)

Saturday 6th January, 2024
AFC Wimbledon vs Ipswich, 12.30
Coventry vs Oxford, 12.30
Maidstone vs Stevenage, 12.30
Millwall vs Leicester, 12.30

Sunderland vs Newcastle, 12.45 (live on ITV1)

Blackburn vs Cambridge
Gillingham vs Sheff Utd
Hull vs Birmingham
Newport vs Eastleigh
Norwich vs Bristol Rovers
Plymouth vs Sutton
QPR vs Bournemouth
Southampton vs Walsall
Stoke vs Brighton
Watford vs Chesterfield

Chelsea vs Preston, 17.30
Middlesbrough vs Aston Villa, 17.30 (live on BBC)
Sheff Weds vs Cardiff, 17.30
Swansea vs Morecambe, 17.30

Sunday 7th January, 2024
Luton vs Bolton, 14.00
Man City vs Huddersfield, 14.00
Nottm Forest vs Blackpool, 14.00
Peterborough vs Leeds, 14.00
Shrewsbury vs Wrexham, 14.00
West Brom vs Aldershot, 14.00
West Ham vs Bristol City, 14.00

Arsenal vs Liverpool, 16.30 (live on BBC)

Monday 8th January, 2024
Wigan vs Man Utd, 20.15 (live on ITV1)

I think Josh Dasilva might be back for this which would be nice.

I’m in two moods, I would love a great Cup run to try and help lift the club but also we have the worst injury record in the league and I’m not sure we need the fixture congestion.

A win would be a great response to the hammering we took from Wolves in the league though.

8 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm still amazed/appalled that somebody looked at all those fixtures and decided they wanted Everton vs Palace to be on tele.

It's that bad that it's on TV and I'm going out running in the rain.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yet another red card which nobody honest in the world can call a red card.

I don't think it's a red card, but after some of the reds I've seen some people justify as red cards... no way in hell can we say nobody honest in the world can call a red card a red card. They could still be honest, they'd just be idiots.

But yeah, that's never a red card. But don't be surprised if people defend it. Look here's some idiots defending it on the BBC's website right now:

Everton should have absolutely no complaints with that. If you're gonna go in that high, the least you should do is win the ball with the same foot actually making the tackle

Alex, London

SMS Message: It is very harsh, but that is a studs up challenge. If your foot is a foot off the ground then that's a dangerous tackle. Feel for CL though as he was going for the ball from Joe, Surrey

It is very harsh, but that is a studs up challenge. If your foot is a foot off the ground then that's a dangerous tackle. Feel for CL though as he was going for the ball

Joe, Surrey

3 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

It's actually impressive how the PGMOL seem to raise the bar every week for pure incompetence. Wouldn't be arsed if any of them caught food poisoning, stupid cunts.

Being a premier league referee must be great.

Sure, you have to have thick enough skin to take abuse every weekend. And people will say mean things about you on the internet. BUT you get £100k+ a year AND you don't even have to attempt to even be somewhat decent at your job.

It's literally stealing a living as long as you don't give a shit what people say or think about you.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't think it's a red card, but after some of the reds I've seen some people justify as red cards... no way in hell can we say nobody honest in the world can call a red card a red card. They could still be honest, they'd just be idiots.

But yeah, that's never a red card. But don't be surprised if people defend it. Look here's some idiots defending it on the BBC's website right now:

Everton should have absolutely no complaints with that. If you're gonna go in that high, the least you should do is win the ball with the same foot actually making the tackle

Alex, London

SMS Message: It is very harsh, but that is a studs up challenge. If your foot is a foot off the ground then that's a dangerous tackle. Feel for CL though as he was going for the ball from Joe, Surrey

It is very harsh, but that is a studs up challenge. If your foot is a foot off the ground then that's a dangerous tackle. Feel for CL though as he was going for the ball

Joe, Surrey

I don't give a shit about justifications and it's not even about Everton being involved. Anyone who actually likes football will not defend that decision.

11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't give a shit about justifications and it's not even about Everton being involved. Anyone who actually likes football will not defend that decision.

I'm sure Alex, London & Joe, Surrey both like football.

They're just idiots, like our referees.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm sure Alex, London & Joe, Surrey both like football.

They're just idiots, like our referees.

Alex and Joe probably like polishing the windows with the tongues too the stupid oxygen thieving cunts.

• Haha 1

I love the way ITV hedged their bets when handpicking that game initially, only to bung it out onto ITV4 just incase it was shit.

They'd have had more joy just filling the slot with Rocky 4 again for about the 87th time.

Edited by Lucas

As anticipated a boring game. We struggled with there midfield, they struggled with our midfield, we struggled with Calvert-Lewin, they struggled with Mateta, and the substitutes weren't good enough to impact the game. Whoever decided to put this game on TV is an idiot. There was so many better games to chose from.

As for the sending off, by the letter of the law I get why its interpretated as a red because his studs are up and he has endangered an opponent. But it's very soft and I would have been livid if one of our players got suspended for that.

Palace fans are the absolute worst on Twitter. I've never seen such a disconnect between the keyboard warriors and the matchday going fans. The narrative they have around Roy Hodgson being a dinosaur that needs to go is completely ignorant of the lack of options in our squad. The latest is 'Olise wouldn't be injured if he got subbed sooner', and the hindsight police are ignoring the only change we could have made would have been Olise for Ahamada, which they would have moaned about anyway.

• Subscriber

We've appealed it, I don't hold out much hope that it'll be a successful appeal. I'm not so bothered about the match last night as neither side was likely to win that anyway with the time left on the clock and the lack of quality on show.

However, even the silly minority who think "you can justify it by the letter of the law" might think that he deserved to miss the last 15 minutes of the game for it surely don't think he deserves to miss 3 further games for that tackle.

In a sensible world you'd like to think they'd at least reduce it from 3 games to 1 so they can allow the referee and VAR to save face by not rescinding the red card entirely but the appeals process seems to be so rigid and black and white that I'm pretty sure they can't do that.

ERECTION SELECTION LETS GO.

I think this is a 4-3-3 but honestly who the fuck knows because there's three centre backs there. It could be a back three with maybe...Damsgaard at wing back? Who knows.

Still, Josh Dasilva being back is sexual. Damsgaard starting is sexual. Dasilva and Damsgaard in the same eleven? Sexual. We might get pumped tonight, this is Dasilva's first game of the season, Damsgaard has barely started and Lewis-Potter and Maupay is not an established forward line. But fuck me it's good to see some players back playing together.

Lewis Potter - Maupay - Dasilva

Damsgaard - Norgaard - Jensen

Collins - Zanka - Pinnock - Roerslev

Flekken

Gomes red card and Norgaard off injured. Last thing we need is another injury. Team is:

Maupay - Dasilva

Damsgaard - Janelt - Jensen

Lewis-Potter - Collins - Zanka - Pinnock - Roerslev

Strakosha

Doyle has scored an absolute screamer to level Wolves.

That's the second Manchester City loanee this season to score like that against us whilst not playing against Manchester City. The other was McAtee at Sheffield United.

17 minutes ago, Danny said:

Doyle has scored an absolute screamer to level Wolves.

That's the second Manchester City loanee this season to score like that against us whilst not playing against Manchester City. The other was McAtee at Sheffield United.

You guys should have won this match with Wolves having a man sent off so early on. I still hope Brentford are the team to go through in this tie though.

45 minutes ago, Stan said:

Spurs really missing Son against this poor Burnley side. 

Well Bryan Gil has just come on for Lo Celso, not sure if that will make much of a difference for Spurs, but we shall see.

• The topic was unpinned