talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MMA & Combat Sports

football forum

No way is Connor going to fight anybody but Khabib in the rematch. Not next anyways. They can't risk Conor losing again before the rematch, and who would he fight? I suspect they both get a suspension and then the rematch is next year in the big July card. Khabib could even go and fight Brian Ortiz in the mean time if he wants another fight before next summer. 

Ferguson definitely deserves a title shot but I want to see that knee get a bit more healing time before he faces that animal. Give him another tune up fight until Khabib/ McGregor 2 is done.

Jones/ Gustafson 2 announced for the end of year card for the LHW belt. Excited for that! 

Edited by Rick

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Rick said:

No way is Connor going to fight anybody but Khabib in the rematch. Not next anyways. They can't risk Conor losing again before the rematch, and who would he fight? I suspect they both get a suspension and then the rematch is next year in the big July card. Khabib could even go and fight Brian Ortiz in the mean time if he wants another fight before next summer. 

Ferguson definitely deserves a title shot but I want to see that knee get a bit more healing time before he faces that animal. Give him another tune up fight until Khabib/ McGregor 2 is done.

Jones/ Gustafson 2 announced for the end of year card for the LHW belt. Excited for that! 

Khabib is all wrong for Conor. I wouldn't be surprised if Conor moves up again in attempt to be a 3 weight champ. Maybe even this new weight class that was supposed to be for Diaz's fight? I could Imagine them 2 fighting for a new title in the trilogy. There's so many possibilities, even though Khabib is who he is and all wrong for Conor, maybe he will want the rematch... he has proven time and time again he will fight anyone. 

Looking forward to seeing Jon Jones back. His first fight with Gustafson was brilliant. 

First round Conor did excellent stifling Khabib and he remained calm which is really important. Second round Khabib got in some good ground and pound but he burnt himself out in the process, which led to Conor winning round 3. He started round 4 good, but Khabib got a second wind and was able to finish it. I don't think it was the arse beating it's made out to be. Yes Khabib won the fight, but there's plenty there to think Conor would fair better in a rematch. 

Lol Conor is fighting at about 10lbs below his walk around weight. Khabib out of competition is 200lbs and cuts heavy the way Conor did for featherweight, that extra weight nerfs Conor’s punching power so he’s effectively weaponless and from there there’s always only one winner. 

Why do you think Khabib has had so many issues weight cutting in the past? 

I think Conor got his game plan very wrong. He had a bit of ring rust after 2 years out, and kavanagh said the training was too defensive in hindsight. Khabib is always gonna take you down, but Conor gave him too easy a job by walking forward and looking a bit flat footed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Next up

345fm6d.png

FC Fight Night: Volkan vs. Smith

Volkan Oezdemir vs. Anthony Smith

Michael Johnson vs. Artem Lobov

Misha Cirkunov vs. Patrick Cummins

Andre Soukhamthath vs. Jonathan Martinez

Gian Villante vs. Ed Herman

Alex Garcia vs. Court McGee

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)

Nordine Taleb vs. Sean Strickland

Thibault Gouti vs. Nasrat Haqparast

Calvin Kattar vs. Chris Fishgold

Sarah Moras vs. Talita Bernardo

Early Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)

Te'Jovan Edwards vs. Don Madge

Arjan Bhullar vs. Marcelo Golm

Stevie Ray vs. Jessin Ayari

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

UFC 232: Jon Jones test issue moves event from Las Vegas to Los Angeles

By Alex Bysouth

BBC Sport

2 hours ago | Mixed Martial Arts

_104935591_jonjones_getty_fight.jpg

Jones was stripped of his light-heavyweight title after testing positive for a banned substance at UFC 214 in July 2017

UFC 232 has been moved to Los Angeles after a Jon Jones drug-test abnormality - five days before his fight against Alexander Gustafsson was due to take place in Las Vegas.

The United States Anti-Doping Agency says remnants of a banned substance have remained in Jones' system since a positive test on 29 July 2017 that led to a 15-month ban for the American.

The UFC says Jones, 31, tested positive for a "very, very small amount" of the metabolite on 9 December but added that it is "not a violation".

"This is the residual effect from the July 2017 test. This is not another positive test," said Jeff Novitzky, vice-president of athlete health and performance for UFC.

UFC president Dana White said the Nevada State Athletic Commission - which licenses the fight - does not have time to investigate the findings before Saturday's (29 December) promotion.

He added that the commission in California "has already dealt with Jon Jones and have all the facts, they have everything".

Jones says he has "willingly submitted" to every United States Anti-Doping Agency (Usasda) test in the lead-up to his light-heavyweight title fight against 31-year-old Gustafsson of Sweden.

"Usada has confirmed what I've been saying all along, that I'm a clean athlete," he posted on social media.

Novitzky said the amount of the long-term metabolite in Jones' system was like an "a grain of salt-split into 50 million pieces".

White says tickets for Los Angeles will go on sale on Wednesday, 26 December. He has offered refunds to fans who had tickets for Las Vegas who now cannot attend.

Jones apologised to fans on his Instagram account, saying he "realises there's a lot of people who have lost out".

He added: "The situation is out of my control. I've been feeling the frustration of the fans, I'll do what I can to make it right. This is not a mistake I made."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/mixed-martial-arts/46671250

9 hours ago, Rick said:

Nothing is simple with this fella. Dunno what to believe at this point. 

I just hope Gustafson beats him. Just like he did in the first fight if we're being honest.

Nope. Gus wins the first 2 clearly. Jones won the 4th and 5th clearly. It's all in the 3rd. Jones edged it for mine.

19 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Nope. Gus wins the first 2 clearly. Jones won the 4th and 5th clearly. It's all in the 3rd. Jones edged it for mine.

At the most I'd give it a draw. I just don't think Jones did anywhere near enough to have "edged it" how many failed takedown attempts did he have? And then was taken down twice himself. Yes, he had Gus hurt at one point but the amount of significant strikes Gus landed was huge. 

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

At the most I'd give it a draw. I just don't think Jones did anywhere near enough to have "edged it" how many failed takedown attempts did he have? And then was taken down twice himself. Yes, he had Gus hurt at one point but the amount of significant strikes Gus landed was huge. 

30 seconds more in the 4th and Gus Losses by KO or TKO. You have to remember the fight is scored round by round, Gus being so dominant in the first 2 does him no favours in the rest of the fight. 

I have money backing Gus this time round. 

19 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

30 seconds more in the 4th and Gus Losses by KO or TKO. You have to remember the fight is scored round by round, Gus being so dominant in the first 2 does him no favours in the rest of the fight. 

I have money backing Gus this time round. 

Fair point, I see where you're coming from. But I still think Gus shaded it myself. 

I'm gonna put money on Gus myself. Not sure whether betting on a TKO is too daft or not 

What a fucking event.

Volkanovski won a match I didn't think he would. And he fucking dominated. An arrogant prick, but he does live just down the road from me so what can you expect?

Latifi won that first round, but a guy his size with his gas tank has to just about win the match in the first round. Anderson was smart, and dominated the 2nd and 3rd without ever risking anything.

Chiesa with a fucking brutal SINGLE HANDED kimura lock. Never seen anything quite like it. I love watching technical grappling and this was class.

Nunes. What can I even say. She has dynamite for fingers and atom bombs for hands. She MONSTERED Cyborg. I would love to see a rematch however, some respect from Cyborg would lead to a more technical fight

Jon Jones defeated Gustafson. What can I say, all the shit Jones has been talking about how during their first fight Jones didn't even prepare and had no idea about or respect for his opponent... must have been true. A focused, dangerous Jones absolutely coasted through this. Never left 2nd gear. Gustafson was so far out of his depth it was scary. Never got close to the PfP GOAT. What a fighter Jones is.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Some of you are clueless for thinking Jones would get beat. xD He’s the greatest to ever step foot in a cage. Fully prepared unlike last time, easy win for him.  This is the man who knocked out the “champ champ” in his last fight and made him cry xD

Cyborg getting KO’d in the first minute... what the fuck!! Not enough respect shown to Nunes who yet again shows her beastly power. Would like to see a rematch. 

Mad how far she’s come since the Cat Zingano loss. 

Edited by JOSHBRFC
  • Upvote 1

He said recently that "picogram" of steroids could stay in his system for the next 7 seven years, Coincidentally thats how long he's said he wants to continue fighting for xD i dont understand how anyone can support that guy really, he has a fucking amazing excuse now for every single time he pisses hot and everybody will just eat it up.

3 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

He said recently that "picogram" of steroids could stay in his system for the next 7 seven years, Coincidentally thats how long he's said he wants to continue fighting for xD i dont understand how anyone can support that guy really, he has a fucking amazing excuse now for every single time he pisses hot and everybody will just eat it up.

People love winners I guess. The ends seem to justify the means.