talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 23 - 3-5th February, 2024

• Administrator

1200px-Premier_League_Logo.svg.png

all kick-offs GMT

Saturday 3rd February, 2024
Everton vs Tottenham, 12.30 (live on TNT)

Brighton vs Crystal Palace
Burnley vs Fulham
Newcastle vs Luton

Sheff Utd vs Aston Villa, 17.30 (live on Sky)

Sunday 4th February, 2024
Bournemouth vs Nottm Forest, 14.00
Chelsea vs Wolves, 14.00
Man Utd vs West Ham, 14.00 (live on Sky)

Arsenal vs Liverpool, 16.30 (live on Sky)

Monday 5th February, 2024
Brentford vs Man City, 20.00 (live on Sky)

image.png

There are certain games you just tune in for live. For example if Chelsea and Newcastle were playing I'd rather rip my cock off and feed it to the neighbours cat, but Everton vs Spurs is proper. Lovely midday kick-off to get me through the day at work.

• Administrator

Need a Romero foul for £50. 

Skybet had a boos of 4/1 for a Maddison and Richarlison shot on target each and a Romero foul. 

• Subscriber

Why are they even looking for an offside there ffs? It was a Spurs player who got on the end of it.

Delighted we've equalised but I haven't celebrated either of those goals properly because of VAR.

Massive point from Everton, played Spurs off the park today. Spurs managed to get a valuable point through a moment of brilliance from Richarlison and a man of the match performance from van de Ven (I know he wasn't given it, but he was easily the best player on the pitch).

No Doucoure or Onana is a massive lost, great result in the end.

• Subscriber

Cracking game that. Have to be pleased with a point against these, especially from behind as we've barely scraped together any points after conceding first under Dyche.

Surprised we managed to get the late equaliser as we looked done and we don't really have much from the bench. 

Some of our fans have been starting to sweat since Forest got a couple of good wins and Luton started to show a good run of form. Those teams won't be happy though to see us come away from Fulham with a point and then nab another one against Spurs today. Unfortunately whatever happens on the pitch, this relegation battle will be resolved in the court room.

City next weekend is a write off realistically but we have some winnable games after that.

That Palace team looks like a bottom half Championship club.

It's one thing having players injured, but we do have players whose role is to be creative. Even if they are a step down from those lads, the fact that he sees Franca as a development player and Ahamada as a poor man's Jeff Schlupp is why I have completely lost faith with Roy and have come to the conclusion he is one of the things holding the club back.

It hurts to say that as I have been one of Roy's biggest sympathisers but I read somewhere that we've used less players than everybody else but still haven't started anybody under 21. That's quite frankly ridiculous. This is the time you should be trying to blood in players like Ozoh, Franca, Ahamada etc.

I get the argument that Franca, Ahamada, Ebiowei etc didn't set the world alight when given very limited cup opportunities but the side argument is neither has Schlupp, Hughes etc at all this season.

It's too reminiscent of the problems we had in 2018 to 2021 with Sorloth, Meyer, Camarasa etc. We had plenty of injuries with the same coaching methods and these players were still not trusted and they never recovered.

• The topic was unpinned