Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

If Argentina Were To Miss the World Cup...


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sign up to remove this ad.

I personally think that if Argentina miss the world cup, it would be a good thing for them in the long term.

Don't really see how they will be able to compete with the Europeans if they do go. The Germans also went through a bad time in the 90's and early 2000's. That 5-1 loss to England was the last straw and it forced them to completely do over the way they ran things. The AFA might need similar. No good prospects in the youths, current side is finished, little resource and patience for the managers to work. In the long term, its not going to work so they will need a wake up call in my eyes, missing the world cup is that.

I don't know if they will miss the world cup, but if they do, I don't think its all bad. Couldn't even win the TAS. The AFA supposedly is a powerful confederation, yet they couldn't beat Peru and Chile.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

They won't. They'll beat Peru and at worst draw against Ecuador. 

Not a prediction mate! This thread was just stating if it will help or hinder them in the long run.

Honestly I can't see this Argentina side doing anything in Russia. I'm not going to put it on Sampaoli either. I don't think the manager has been the problem, same goes for Bauza and Martino.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Not a prediction mate! This thread was just stating if it will help or hinder them in the long run.

Honestly I can't see this Argentina side doing anything in Russia. I'm not going to put it on Sampaoli either. I don't think the manager has been the problem, same goes for Bauza and Martino.

It was a manager problem, because they made everything fundamentally revolve around Messi, which inevitably created a blow of confidence on the other attackers. Another thing that doesn't help is the tremendous amount of pressure the players were on due to the monkey on their back. 

Missing the WC won't help, especially with the majority of the players in their prime. The AFA are already doing the right thing appointing Sampaoli, because he implements a system that won't put everything on one individual player. They all need to get involved, and if they under perform, they will be dropped. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

It was a manager problem, because they made everything fundamentally revolve around Messi, which inevitably created a blow of confidence on the other attackers. Another thing that doesn't help is the tremendous amount of pressure the players were on due to the monkey on their back. 

Missing the WC won't help, especially with the majority of the players in their prime. The AFA are already doing the right thing appointing Sampaoli, because he implements a system that won't put everything on one individual player. They all need to get involved, and if they under perform, they will be dropped. 

We'll see if its a manager problem if Sampaoli fails. He's a top manager, but I don't see him given much to work with.

I slightly disagree with the players being in their prime. Except maybe Higuain, none of the "stars" are in their prime right now. Even Messi has dropped in level somewhat. Lost consistency.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I feel it would be a tragedy, as Berserker would have to follow Brazil and show his true colors (green and yellow)

Fuck off, and also how are you cunts doing?, last i heard Mitrovic was shit for Newcastle so he won't be doing your NT much good i imagine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Messi dropped in level? xD

Oh my days.  That ends any debate for me here because it's not worth it. 

Yes he has, in my eyes. Not the same player he once was. Far more inconsistent.

Could be due to less support than before, mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Messi dropped in level? xD

Oh my days.  That ends any debate for me here because it's not worth it. 

Now now.... We don't know what kind of level he means, he may mean his level of swimming, or fishing, or maybe grocery shopping. Although a drop in level when it comes to grocery shopping can be a serious thing. May accidentally buy an apple when you meant to buy a grapefruit.

Edited by Saturdays Are For The Boys
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

Messi hasn't dropped in level, he's just changing the kind of player he is just as Ronaldo has as well.

Perhaps you're right there. Ronaldo has definitely become a much more tactical player rather than a "go out and do whatever you want" as before. I do think he's lost consistency and again, he doesn't have as much support as he used to.

Not saying he can't play without Xavi and Iniesta, just saying it makes him look a little worse as even the best of players need good support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

If Argentina gets to the last match needing a Brazil win against Chile, I hope we lose. :coffee:

Genuine question, and I ask because I am nervous for the last matchups.

Brazil has obviously never lost a WCQ game at home... would they play to their max or near it to not tarnish the reputation or will they take it completely as a friendly?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

Genuine question, and I ask because I am nervous for the last matchups.

Brazil has obviously never lost a WCQ game at home... would they play to their max or near it to not tarnish the reputation or will they take it completely as a friendly?

Noone in Brazil cares much about the invencibility at home. And after the 7-1 our reputation is already tarnished, it doesn´t make any difference. Having said that, I expect Tite to take those matches seriously and demand it from the players. 

 

20 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Wouldn't expect anything less. xD

Part of it it´s because it´s Argentina, but I also fear that with the proper time to train, Sampaoli will make your team very competitive and tough to beat. In that sense, the situation where Argentina is now reminds of Brazil in 2001. It was ugly but what really matters is making it to the World Cup and once the competition begins it´s a whole new game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, El_Loco said:

Noone in Brazil cares much about the invencibility at home. And after the 7-1 our reputation is already tarnished, it doesn´t make any difference. Having said that, I expect Tite to take those matches seriously and demand it from the players. 

If no one in Brazil cares about that then that's fair, but I was talking about in WCQ, not finals tournaments.

We've also won in Brazil for the Copa America, but that isn't WCQ. That's an impressive record given how there are no easy games here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Part of it it´s because it´s Argentina, but I also fear that with the proper time to train, Sampaoli will make your team very competitive and tough to beat. In that sense, the situation where Argentina is now reminds of Brazil in 2001. It was ugly but what really matters is making it to the World Cup and once the competition begins it´s a whole new game.

Well first they have to qualify.

They are even trying to take the game to La Bombonera, trying to recrerate 1969 on purpose :D

This time though we'll win Colombia 1993 style ;)

 

(for the record, your post is spot on)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

If no one in Brazil cares about that then that's fair, but I was talking about in WCQ, not finals tournaments.

We've also won in Brazil for the Copa America, but that isn't WCQ. That's an impressive record given how there are no easy games here.

There isn´t much of a taboo in Brazil about losing WCQ as long as we qualify comfortably. I was a small child in 1993 when we lost our first WCQ game ever in La Paz against Bolivia, man the press went nuts. xD It wouldn´t be the case now.

 

Just now, Blue said:

Well first they have to qualify.

They are even trying to take the game to La Bombonera, trying to recrerate 1969 on purpose :D

This time though we'll win Colombia 1993 style ;)

 

(for the record, your post is spot on)

 

One thing brazilians are still bitter about Peru NT, is that 1978 game where you argentine-born threw the game to the argies. But I wish you well, I really hope you qualify for the World Cup, I like the way you play.

And I think Argentina should host the Peru match in Rosario, at Gigante de Arroyito.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/8/2017 at 4:47 PM, Berserker said:

Fuck off, and also how are you cunts doing?, last i heard Mitrovic was shit for Newcastle so he won't be doing your NT much good i imagine.

Well we have to defeat Belgium and Estonia to make it to the play off's (currently second by a point) 

However we are shit and we will lose both games

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...