talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2024 Prediction League

football forum

• Subscriber

Two no-shows this time. We haven't managed all ten people predicting for 4 races in a row. Predictions were posted on Tuesday morning so I tried :what:.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Two no-shows this time. We haven't managed all ten people predicting for 4 races in a row. Predictions were posted on Tuesday morning so I tried :what:.

What's the plans for my team... 

• Subscriber
On 04/05/2024 at 19:03, RandoEFC said:

Sorry mate, I was on a work trip all of last week and was swamped.

• Subscriber

Results - Miami Grand Prix

433780710_Screenshot2024-05-13at14_25_09.thumb.png.8eb4107fbd329c3fc742df5c25b91586.png

Apologies again for the lateness here, been a busy week!

Our first week of a non-Verstappen pole position prediction saw the field split between opting for Sergio Perez or Charles Leclerc for best of the rest. With Perez out-qualified by both Ferraris and Leclerc putting his on the front row, @RandoEFC, @nudge and @OrangeKhrush bag the 5 points here.

Onto the race, and the non-Verstappen podium ended up with Lando Norris 1st followed by Charles Leclerc and Sergio Perez. Everyone who predicted (except for @OrangeKhrush) put Perez in 1st place, meaning that they couldn't pick up 5 points either for Norris finishing there, or for the Mexican finishing 3rd. @RandoEFC, @Stan, @Tommy, @The Palace Fan and @DeadLinesman all bag 5 points at least for putting Leclerc in the middle of their podium. @OrangeKhrush picked up 6 points for having the correct 3 drivers in the wrong order, while @MUFC and @Tommy were let down by Carlos Sainz and had to settle for 4 points each from this prediction.

This week's random driver was Lando Norris and it was no surprise that nobody had him finishing in 1st place. @Stan receives 2 points for being the only person to back the McLaren driver to finish as high as 3rd.

Finally, this week's bonus question was to predict the biggest under-performer of the weekend. @Stan, @nudge, @DeadLinesman and @OrangeKhrush are all desperately unlucky not to bag the full 5 points for picking Lance Stroll, whose poor weekend in Miami saw him finish 6 positions below his championship position. However, Oscar Piastri "won" this category, finishing a whopping 7 positions below his championship position, leaving these four predictors with just 2 points instead.

@Whiskey and @Coma didn't predict in time so end up with 0 points. I'm still considering what to do as "Insurance" in the Constructors championship for the team-mates of people who don't predict so bear with me.

Here's what the standings look like:

805274861_Screenshot2024-05-13at14_27_01.thumb.png.7d134433183aa827d6f7bcd4c865d300.png

@Stan retains his narrow lead at the top of the standings after a close week across the board. @OrangeKhrush and @RandoEFC outscored our championship leader this weekend to close the gap. McLaren were this week's top scorers in the Constructors' championship by enough to move ahead of Red Bull into top spot. A good weekend to be papaya!

I'll get the Imola predictions posted tomorrow morning.

• Upvote 2

With Ferrari and McLaren trading blows. This is a difficult league to predict this year which is a good thing. Ferrari looked on it in practice and qualifying but McLaren in the race came to life. Throw in the mix Perez being randomly shite, it makes for an very unpredictable season as far as predicting second to fourth is concerned. 

• Subscriber

Predictions - Emilia Romagna (Imola) Grand Prix

For what feels like the first time all season, we have a race at a normal time, on a Sunday, with no sprint. Your deadline is the start of qualifying on Saturday - let's see if we can get 10/10 this week! If you see this and you know you're potentially likely to miss your chance on Friday night/Saturday morning, I'd suggest making placeholder predictions and then editing them after Practice if you have time.

@RandoEFC @Stan @MUFC @Tommy @nudge @Whiskey @The Palace Fan @Coma @DeadLinesman @OrangeKhrush

Pole Position - Which driver will post the fastest lap in Q3 AFTER MAX VERSTAPPEN IS REMOVED FROM THE RESULTS?

[INSERT DRIVER]

Podium - Which drivers will finish the Grand Prix in the top three positions AFTER MAX VERSTAPPEN IS REMOVED FROM THE RESULTS?

1. [INSERT DRIVER]

2. [INSERT DRIVER]

3. [INSERT DRIVER]

Random Driver - Predict the finishing position of this week's random driver, Nico Hulkenberg.

[INSERT POSITION]

Bonus Question - I've selected 8 drivers - Perez, Sainz, Piastri, Stroll, Ricciardo, Magnussen, Gasly and Sargeant - that are trailing their team-mates in the world championship so far. Tip one of these drivers to finish ahead of their team-mate on Sunday and if they do it, you will receive 5 points.

[INSERT DRIVER]

• Subscriber

Pole Position - Which driver will post the fastest lap in Q3 AFTER MAX VERSTAPPEN IS REMOVED FROM THE RESULTS?

Charles Leclerc

Podium - Which drivers will finish the Grand Prix in the top three positions AFTER MAX VERSTAPPEN IS REMOVED FROM THE RESULTS?

1. Charles Leclerc

2. Carlos Sainz

3. Lando Norris

Random Driver - Predict the finishing position of this week's random driver, Nico Hulkenberg.

11th

Bonus Question - I've selected 8 drivers - Perez, Sainz, Piastri, Stroll, Ricciardo, Magnussen, Gasly and Sargeant - that are trailing their team-mates in the world championship so far. Tip one of these drivers to finish ahead of their team-mate on Sunday and if they do it, you will receive 5 points.

Gasly

• Subscriber

Leclerc

1. Leclerc

2. Norris

3. Perez

P9

Gasly

Norris

1. Norris

2. Perez

3. Sainz

11th

Sainz

• Administrator

LECLERC

1. LECLERC

2. PEREZ

3. NORRIS

13th

GASLY

• Subscriber

LEC

1. LEC

2. PER

3. NOR

P13

Gasly

Charles Leclerc

1. Leclerc

2. Sainz

3. Perez

10th

Piastri

17 hours ago, Tommy said:

NOR

1. NOR

2. LEC

3. SAI

10th

GAS

Edited by Whiskey

On 14/05/2024 at 18:18, RandoEFC said:

Predictions - Emilia Romagna (Imola) Grand Prix

For what feels like the first time all season, we have a race at a normal time, on a Sunday, with no sprint. Your deadline is the start of qualifying on Saturday - let's see if we can get 10/10 this week! If you see this and you know you're potentially likely to miss your chance on Friday night/Saturday morning, I'd suggest making placeholder predictions and then editing them after Practice if you have time.

@RandoEFC @Stan @MUFC @Tommy @nudge @Whiskey @The Palace Fan @Coma @DeadLinesman @OrangeKhrush

[Charles

1. Charles

2. Norris

3. Sainz

Ricciardo

• Subscriber
42 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Was going to pick Norris for pole but everyone went for Charles. If wrong I'd be 5 down early on.

You almost had the regrets there but Piastri saved your blushes 😅.