talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

1 hour ago, nudge said:

A new open world Star Wars game :o Gameplay trailer coming out tomorrow, so looking forward to that. Concept wise, this looks promising - a scoundrel type character in a multi planet open world. 

@Tommy @Mel81x @Dr. Gonzo @Viva la FCB

That does sound impressive in fairness. My first thought was being a little like No Man's Sky in terms of hopping to different planets and the like.

My only concern (yes, I'm a pessimistic asshole) is that it's being developed under Ubisoft, where their open world games have basically become cookie cutters now. Whether it's Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs or any other open world games under them, they're all quite similar to each other.

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, nudge said:

A new open world Star Wars game :o Gameplay trailer coming out tomorrow, so looking forward to that. Concept wise, this looks promising - a scoundrel type character in a multi planet open world. 

It looks amazing doesn't it. shame it's not coming to game pass but take my money :25_money_mouth: ..that Starfield show case, WoW!!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

XBox had a very nice demo have to say. I could care less about Starfield based on what I am hearing but the XBox demo showed that Microsoft is willing to spend again in the right direction.

Yep, the Xbox showcase was fairly decent, Avowed & Fable looking good  ..Starfield looks amazing, space games not your cup of tea?

If Starfield is anything like most Bethesda single player games, namely Fallout & Elder Scrolls games… I’m going to love it.

14 hours ago, nudge said:

looks interesting!

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Yep, the Xbox showcase was fairly decent, Avowed & Fable looking good  ..Starfield looks amazing, space games not your cup of tea?

Its not that. They moved the release dates a few times and I will definitely take a crack at it when it comes out but they've had to cut a few corners to make it work right and that worries me a bit. The reason why is that with something as ambitious as this if the devs are talking about cutting corners you know they've got a lot of things that won't work right in the first few months. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Its not that. They moved the release dates a few times and I will definitely take a crack at it when it comes out but they've had to cut a few corners to make it work right and that worries me a bit. The reason why is that with something as ambitious as this if the devs are talking about cutting corners you know they've got a lot of things that won't work right in the first few months. 

Bethesda bugs are usually hilarious so playing in those first few months is almost guaranteed to be top tier comedy.

Except Fallout New Vegas bugs, those were shit xD

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

This is why its seemingly worth it to wait a few months for AAA games more and more. Countless examples and Bethesda has definitely had its issues with that, as much as I love their games.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Bethesda bugs are usually hilarious so playing in those first few months is almost guaranteed to be top tier comedy.

Except Fallout New Vegas bugs, those were shit xD

48 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

This is why its seemingly worth it to wait a few months for AAA games more and more. Countless examples and Bethesda has definitely had its issues with that, as much as I love their games.

One of the worst things ever invented by Software Engineer is the Patch. It allows devs to be super complacent because hey we can catch it later. It's very rare you see a polished AAA title and very few studios are notoriously good at it. Surprise that none of them work with Microsoft or Sony lol. What's even more odd is tht with the amount of money these projects have thrown at them the bugs should never be in core parts of the game but they are.

Edited by Mel81x
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Id be surprised if it didn't launch with bugs the size of it xD i don't mind waiting though for it to be in a payable condition even if they delay it again instead of rushing out an unfinished game like they did with Redfall. did you watch the 45min Starfield direct thing?

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Id be surprised if it didn't launch with bugs the size of it xD i don't mind waiting though for it to be in a payable condition even if they delay it again instead of rushing out an unfinished game like they did with Redfall. did you watch the 45min Starfield direct thing?

I did watch the presentation and liked what I saw. I am just curious how it all pans out now. This is definitely a step in the right direction but im going to sit this one out like I almost did with Cyberpunk to see what month ONE offers.

13 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I did watch the presentation and liked what I saw. I am just curious how it all pans out now. This is definitely a step in the right direction but im going to sit this one out like I almost did with Cyberpunk to see what month ONE offers.

Get the free gamepass membership for a month and try it for free B|  ..speaking of Cyberpunk the DLC coming out soon looks decent too, hopefully comes out in a better state than Cyberpunk did lol

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Get the free gamepass membership for a month and try it for free B|  ..speaking of Cyberpunk the DLC coming out soon looks decent too, hopefully comes out in a better state than Cyberpunk did lol

I do like GamePass and I think its the best online gaming invention ever since it covers such a wide spectrum of gamers and their individual tastes. That said I still am on the fence about getting an XBox just because I can't see the benefit at the moment. Will wait to see how Starfield pans out because I like the idea I am just not a 100% sure they're there technically yet.

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I do like GamePass and I think its the best online gaming invention ever since it covers such a wide spectrum of gamers and their individual tastes. That said I still am on the fence about getting an XBox just because I can't see the benefit at the moment. Will wait to see how Starfield pans out because I like the idea I am just not a 100% sure they're there technically yet.

You can get gamepass for PC too mate, you don need an Xbox these days. the consoles work great but lack storage space and the SSD expansion cards are a crazy price right now

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You can get gamepass for PC too mate, you don need an Xbox these days. the consoles work great but lack storage space and the SSD expansion cards are a crazy price right now

You get it for PC & Xbox for the same price don't you? At least that's how it is here. Pretty good deal tbh, although I don't game on my PC at all ever except the Age of Empires remasters.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You get it for PC & Xbox for the same price don't you? At least that's how it is here. Pretty good deal tbh, although I don't game on my PC at all ever except the Age of Empires remasters.

Yeah, one membership but you need gamepass ultimate i think and you can use it on PC, Xbox, smart phones etc, and some games you can play on the cloud so dont need to download them and you get EA Play with it too so Fifa's, Maddens, Mass Effects, Battlefields etc really good deal as is Playstation plus

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

What's the min spec to play this?

Nothing official I found yet but this is pc benchmarks estimate:

However, to guarantee your chance to play on Star Wars Outlaws PC, and reach the Star Wars Outlaws recommended specs, we estimate you will need an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 GPU, an Intel Core i7-6700K CPU, and 16GB of RAM.