talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EA Sports FC. (Formerly FIFA).

football forum

Acclimatised to the new game and feel a lot better with the dribbling etc.

Two issues though, first is that the goalkeeper doesn’t seem to make any saves at all. Most shots go in.

Second issue is that the player changing mechanism is awful, you’ll go to get a player near the ball to make a tackle and it’ll change to someone near the back post.

Having tons of fun with career mode this year (got bored of Ultimate Team inside two weeks). Started a create-a-club in League Two, only allowed to sign newgens so all of my players are randomly generated by the game. 

League Two and League One were straight forward, won the league in both. Went into the Championship and it was quite challenging, though with some of my players flying through their ratings (some hitting 80's come March/April) we overtook Sheffield United with three games to go and won the league.

I've been battling relegation for most of our first Premier League season, but I've just hit March and managed to get four wins on the bounce pulling us to 12th and 12 points clear. Really enjoying the dynamic of having to use the youth scouts and really dig for hidden gems - debating my next save to be strictly youth academy only with no transfers at all allowed. 

Pro career mode is still unplayable for a variety of development/programming reasons, which will leads to abandoning the save after maybe 2-3 seasons. 

Career mode with a club is simply boring after how many installments of FIFA. 

Don't get me started on Ultimate Team. 

I find the only way, and I mean the only way,  to truly enjoy FIFA anymore is to create a club, start out in League 2, and have strict youth development requirements and virtually no budget. FIFA 23 I think I was 8 seasons deep in my career mode for my created club. 

• Subscriber
On 24/12/2023 at 11:07, Carnivore Chris said:

20231224_110205.jpg?ex=659a85ac&is=65881

What are you playing on? Never see you online any more. 

This is my ultimate team, had some good luck in sbc’s. Every single player is untradable , meaning I haven’t bought any of them off the transfer market. 

IMG_3361.thumb.png.4f7930da04c9a5aad6c2dc69be5ccef9.pngIMG_3360.thumb.jpeg.321a7d9f2b9bf581db23b236ac428352.jpeg

5 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

What are you playing on? Never see you online any more. 

This is my ultimate team, had some good luck in sbc’s. Every single player is untradable , meaning I haven’t bought any of them off the transfer market. 

IMG_3361.thumb.png.4f7930da04c9a5aad6c2dc69be5ccef9.pngIMG_3360.thumb.jpeg.321a7d9f2b9bf581db23b236ac428352.jpeg

The absolute state of that. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Whiskey said:

The absolute state of that. 

Good ain’t it B|

I know you probably don’t mean that as you rarely have anything positive to say to anyone xD got it quite easy to be honest, won a good few games and done a lot of squad building challenges which have been kind to me. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Good ain’t it B|

I know you probably don’t mean that as you rarely have anything positive to say to anyone xD got it quite easy to be honest, won a good few games and done a lot of squad building challenges which have been kind to me. 

Only to gimps, such as yourself.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Only to gimps, such as yourself.

In my younger former life I’d have probably argued or insulted you back, but I just want to say to you that I genuinely hope you’re okay :)  :x

And apologies for whatever I’ve done to upset you, as I clearly have you rattled for some reason. Or maybe it’s someone else and now it’s misplaced anger and negativity for some reason?

• Upvote 1

What clubs do you lot like choosing for career mode? I always like a club you can build a bit of a story around.

Athletic Bilbao being an obvious one, but they are tougher than they seem as the squad looks good but then you realise it's technically gifted players with the physicality of pensioner in the freezer section at Iceland.

I've got a save with Udinese at the moment which I like, I developed a liking for Udinese about ten years or so ago when they played Arsenal a few times in the Champions League (or qualifiers), back when they had Di Natale. One of the only clubs to pull off a race track stadium. They've recently renovated and I think the stadium looks class, jumped at the chance to start a save with them when I realised the stadium was on Fifa.

Last season I had a save with Everton that I'll probably revive, former giant club in the shit and all that. A good challenge to try and beat Liverpool too.

Crystal Palace are a good shout too, a club that has dreams of being the Arsenal of South London but ultimately are shit enough to make it a challenge.

I've gone through a phase of liking Croatian footballers over the past year or two and so I think I'd like to try and start a Dinamo Zagreb save and see if I can get them to win a European competition but with mostly academy players. In recent years they've produced Modric, Badelj, Corluka, Gvardiol, Halilovic, Kovacic, Kramaric, Kranjcar, Lovren, and Vrsaljko. Surely has to be up there as a top ten European football academy?

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/12/2023 at 10:10, Danny said:

Acclimatised to the new game and feel a lot better with the dribbling etc.

Two issues though, first is that the goalkeeper doesn’t seem to make any saves at all. Most shots go in.

Second issue is that the player changing mechanism is awful, you’ll go to get a player near the ball to make a tackle and it’ll change to someone near the back post.

Doing well on career mode but these problems are still pretty heavy. Also the amount of random bounces the ball takes off my players to the CPUs is crazy.

It does feel like to make it harder they’ve made certain aspects worst rather than just the CPU being hard to play against

Ultimate difficulty CPU genuinely has only one way to score (take winger and either dribble to goal line and cross or finds open runner inside box) yet it’s so difficult to defend against because our players AI are fucking statues. 

• 1 month later...
On 20/01/2024 at 14:34, Cicero said:

Ultimate difficulty CPU genuinely has only one way to score (take winger and either dribble to goal line and cross or finds open runner inside box) yet it’s so difficult to defend against because our players AI are fucking statues. 

I hate it as you often concede that 1 goal to fuck the clean sheet up. 

20240225_214324.jpg?ex=65f47367&is=65e1f

Anyway, who needs to make signings? 

I had to create Yamal, as he isn't on the game due to age, and he's grown from like 74 to 94.

It's ridiculous how he's not on the game though. He can play real games in real life but not appear on a fucking game for the fact he's 16?

I must say, the goals I score on this are ridiculous. Some beauties.

6 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I had to create Yamal, as he isn't on the game due to age, and he's grown from like 74 to 94.

It's ridiculous how he's not on the game though. He can play real games in real life but not appear on a fucking game for the fact he's 16?

I must say, the goals I score on this are ridiculous. Some beauties.

I've heard Jayden Danns isn't even in the game & he's 18. I don't play FIFA anymore so I can't confirm - I suppose it's probably difficult for EA to keep track of what young players will get promoted up into first team squads though.

I've played around with a few formations, I like playing season mode and having to find a formation specifically for each team. Career mode is great but I always end up doing the same formations with similar players.

In Seasons I'll play as Netherlands, I like having to make use of the amount of centre backs they have. They have about 5/6 who could all be top quality on their day, so fitting one into the defensive midfield position is a must to offer the best defensive solidity.

Depay - Gakpo

Simons

Ake - De Jong

Malacia - Van Dijk - Van de Ven - Timber - Dumfries

Flekken

Sometimes I'll play as Croatia and use the below. It's a bit of a weird one but essentially Croatia's dominance over the past 6 or so years has come down to the quality of their midfield so I thought how best to use the midfield? Brozovic sits at the base and acts as a defensive midfielder, Kovacic will sit next to him but has more room to push forward. Just behind the strikers are Ivanusec and Majer who play as Attacking Mids but have the freedom to drift wide a bit. Then Modric sits in between all of them playing in a free role, linking up play. The idea is that it should always draw the opposition in to press you, but because they are so good at keeping the ball when being pressed (Kovacic and Modric especially), it allows for Kramaric to break through behind and also for Ivanusec and Majer to do so as well. But the last two also stay connected with the box midfield so that there is always an option to pass to, with the wing backs moving forward to increase the passing options.

Kramaric

Ivanusec  ------------------ Majer

Modric

Kovacic -------- Brozovic

Sosa - Gvardiol - Sutalo - Juranovic

Livakovic

Last year on Fifa 23 I created the below for England, it was before Pep stopped using wing backs so I am officially claiming he copied my brilliance. The idea is that because we were winger heavy I decided to play with 4 wingers. Saka and Sterling would cut inside and play more direct whereas Grealish and Foden would look to hold the ball on the outside of the area and then dribble in, either beating players or playing 1-2's. Kane would be floating around as a false 9 always ready to score from a cross or cut back.

Bellingham and Trent would play as defensive midfielders covering the centre, Trent specifically spraying balls out to either wing when on the counter or when needing to switch play and Bellingham being given freedom to push forward in possession. With those two covering the centre defensively it meant I could take Walker when defending and rush him out to the wing, same with Stones (can play Rice on the left instead and Stones central). With Rice playing central though it offers another defensive player who can play big long balls out to the wingers when on the counter. It worked really well with England, but it's difficult to do in career mode as you really need the skillsets.

Sterling --------- Kane ---------- Saka

Grealish --------------------------------- Foden

Bellingham - Trent

Stones - Rice - Walker

Pickford

In Career mode I have been playing as Udinese. It has been a challenge as they lack money, signing talent hasn't been an issue but getting depth was. Took me about a season/season and a half to fully get the depth I needed to push for Europe. The formation was inspired by my Netherlands back 5, but also took something from City's attack too. Back 3 who don't push on too much, Lenny Yorro and Vitaly Janelt sat in front. Yorro is just a physical presence who can win the ball back consistently. Janelt is similar but he has play-making responsibilities. He will often pick the ball up on the right hand side, draw players towards him and then I can rifle a ball cross field to Zafeiris who is playing left midfield. This generally opens Zaferis up for a run and to play into players ahead. Otherwise Ebosele is used to bomb forward. The front 3 is fairly simple, Ferguson makes runs in behind and I try to get him as many 1/2 touch finishes as possible, but he can also drill them in from distance. Baturina is a bit of a playmaker but mostly he's there to score goals and help keep possession. Pafundi, who I didn't know anything about, has been phenomenal. He is the team's playmaker, dribbles in and out of defences, can play difficult passes but also scores a lot of goals from distance, especially when on the half turn in a difficult space. This team is now pushing for top 4 with about 8 games to go, though it maybe a bit too much with the gap. We are 6th at the moment.

In terms of depth going forward I have Jurasek, Karabec (both Czech) and Konate from RB Salzburg. Konate is a great option to bring on when defences are tired, he's also great at pressing. Karabec does a job and Jurasek can play across the attacking midfield spots to score goals, very prolific.

Ferguson

-------------------Baturina  --- Pafundi

Zafeiris ---------------------------------------------------

------------------Yorro ----Janelt --------------- Ebosele

Lukeba - Harwood Bellis - Diomande 

Silvestri

23 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've heard Jayden Danns isn't even in the game & he's 18. I don't play FIFA anymore so I can't confirm - I suppose it's probably difficult for EA to keep track of what young players will get promoted up into first team squads though.

I can only imagine the developers had the same reaction as me when they heard Neil Danns had a son that's a professional footballer. You don't want to believe it in fear of feeling really old.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I can only imagine the developers had the same reaction as me when they heard Neil Danns had a son that's a professional footballer. You don't want to believe it in fear of feeling really old.

When Milner left us I came to the realisation it was probably the last time a Liverpool player would ever be older than me.

Now we’ve got Neil Danns’s son, Lee Clark’s son & Jason Koumas’s son playing for us. 

It’s made me painfully aware that I’m old as fuck.

• Haha 1

On 01/03/2024 at 22:50, Dr. Gonzo said:

He'll be on the next one either way and it was easy enough to create him. 

Vitor Roque is also a beast. He wasn't added to the game until Jan but he's now at 95 for me.

This has been refreshing as I didn't get the last few Fifas. 

I sold Gvardiol and replaced him with Saliba as he was moaning and then requested a transfer and Ter Stegen has been replaced by Donnarumma, as the German started to massively decline.

--------------- Donnarumma(91)

Koundé(93) - Saliba(90) - Araújo(92) - Balde(91)

---------Pedri(96) - de Jong(92) - Gavi(91)

-------Yamal(96) - Roque(95) - Fati(93)

Edited by Carnivore Chris

I literally made my best purchase ever in any edition of FIFA recently. 

Marko Stamenic, New Zealand midfielder. Got him as a free agent given his height and defensive/aerial qualities. 70 rated. 

5 seasons later, he's rated 89. A complete midfielder. 

On 04/03/2024 at 17:06, Cicero said:

I literally made my best purchase ever in any edition of FIFA recently. 

Marko Stamenic, New Zealand midfielder. Got him as a free agent given his height and defensive/aerial qualities. 70 rated. 

5 seasons later, he's rated 89. A complete midfielder. 

I was thinking of doing one with Morecambe. It's boring with Barcelona after a while, I just wanted to see how those young players grew.

A few years back I created Lancaster City and took them up from League 1.

One thing I don't understand is is the Copa América mode. You can play against many teams but only Argentine teams are available to play with. They need more South American leagues like they used to. 

Edited by Carnivore Chris

3 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I was thinking of doing one with Morecambe. It's boring with Barcelona after a while, I just wanted to see how those young players grew.

One thing I don't understand is is the Copa América mode. You can play against many teams but only Argentine teams are available to play with. They need more South American leagues like they used to. 

I’m 5 seasons deep with my Sampdoria career mode (financial restrictions/youth focused) with Sarri as manager. 

It really is the only way to enjoy FIFA anymore. 

5 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Have you tried sliders? I got to a point on Fifa 23 where I had s treble winning Aston Villa team that were unstoppable. Tried sliders on a new save and it brought the competition back