talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(R16) Germany 2-0 Denmark - Saturday 29th June, 2024

football forums

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Devil said:

He's always got a chance to prove me wrong but I'm not seeing a striker I feel will hugely improve.

But he's only 20? Surely he's got loads of time to improve? At least 1 or 2 years as a minimum? 

24 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

He’s scored 10 goals in our worst season ever with utter shite behind him. And he’s 20. Let’s give the lad a chance.

I agree, we can't be writing off the 20 year kid already, there's still plenty of time for him to improve. He's done well at United this season under the circumstances.

• Upvote 1

Good game. A lot of wasted chances, and a few players not really at their best. Especialy Kroos was pretty meh for his standards today I thought. Hopefully he'll bounce back in the quarter final.

Schlotterback was pretty decent except for that one mistake. Rüdiger with another excellent defensive performance. Very important that he recovered in time. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Good game. A lot of wasted chances, and a few players not really at their best. Especialy Kroos was pretty meh for his standards today I thought. Hopefully he'll bounce back in the quarter final.

Schlotterback was pretty decent except for that one mistake. Rüdiger with another excellent defensive performance. Very important that he recovered in time. 

Yeah, Schlotterbeck was a real threat from corners today. Getting robbed by Hojlund for that Danish chance, was his only real mistake today and as for Rudiger, he was a real rock. He was excellent in defence.

26 minutes ago, Stan said:

But he's only 20? Surely he's got loads of time to improve? At least 1 or 2 years as a minimum? 

The post you quoted, it said he's always got time to prove me wrong. I wrote that, so I'm giving him time to prove me wrong.

Not seeing a striker that's going to be anything amazing though. He doesn't look like he has any composure. Top strikers have that straight from the youth team.

Would you have said he's 70 million pounds of player from what you've seen?

Edited by Devil

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Michael said:

Havertz has a shot excellently saved by Schmeichel! Schmeichel has had a very good match today.

Could have done better. Think he should have come out for the ball for the 2nd goal. Could have reached it. Lots of good saves, mind. 

10 minutes ago, Rick said:

Offside should be daylight between the players, not a bastard toe offside. 

Gives a lot of advantage to strikers, still. 

2 minutes ago, Devil said:

The post you quoted, it said he's always got time to prove me wrong. I wrote that, so I'm giving him time to prove me wrong.

Not seeing a striker that's going to be anything amazing though. He doesn't look like he has any composure. Top strikers have that straight from the youth team.

Would you have said he's 70 million pounds of player from what you've seen?

Fair, but you also said he won't hugely improve. 

I don't see a 70m striker, but I'm also guessing some of the fee you've paid is for the potential, not instant returns like a 20-goal season striker. 

I think he'll come good, but gotta remember there's a lot of mediocrity around him that he had to play with last season. As good as I think he could become, if you look at a lot of the other strikers that achieved those numbers each season they'd have quality around them to provide for them...

• The title was changed to (R16) Germany 2-0 Denmark - Saturday 29th June, 2024

@The Palace Fan How comes the comfortably best defense of the tournament (your words) conceded against Denmark, if an average German defense, that was weakened by a banning on top, didn't?

Edit: Perhaps England allowed so little xG because their opponents had the significant quality of not being able to score, well with the exception against the shit defenses of the other teams in their group?

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

@The Palace Fan How comes the comfortably best defense of the tournament (your words) conceded against Denmark, if an average German defense, that was weakened by a banning on top, didn't?

Edit: Perhaps England allowed so little xG because their opponents had the significant quality of not being able to score, well with the exception against the shit defenses of the other teams in their group?

hold_me_back.png

• Haha 2

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

I thought you weren't bothered about it all? 

But chosen to randomly bring it up and call someone out in the process :what:

During the match an unauthorized person was on the Dortmund stadium roof. The ref calling the captains of the two teams to come to him before the 2nd half, and all of them looking upwards and the delayed restart was apparently more due to this than the wheather. It took the police until an hour after the match to bring said person down from the roof and arrest them. Nothing known about their motivation, yet.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

During the match an authotized person was on the Dortmund stadium roof. The ref calling the captains of the two teams to come to him before the 2nd half, and all of them looking upwards and the delayed restartwas apparently more due to this than the wheather. It took the police until an hour after the match to bring said person dowb from the roof and arrest them. Nothing known about their motivation, yet.

I thought they were talking about another thunderstorm coming up or something. And then I thought maybe their roof is faulty after the weather, because they don't have a beautiful stadium™️ 

This is a much more logical explanation. 

I quite like the referee today, Michael Oliver. I thought he was quite sensible when talking to the players and showed a positive body language, and made all the right decisions. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I thought they were talking about another thunderstorm coming up or something. And then I thought maybe their roof is faulty after the weather, because they don't have a beautiful stadium™️ 

Come on, lets just cut to the chase, are you suggesting that your stadium is the only good stadium in Germany? Because you seem to be downgrading every other stadium in the country.😅

• The topic was unpinned
7 hours ago, Michael said:

Come on, lets just cut to the chase, are you suggesting that your stadium is the only good stadium in Germany? Because you seem to be downgrading every other stadium in the country.😅

I'm mostly joking. But yes. xD