talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(SF) Spain 2-1 France - Tuesday 9th July, 2024

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

16 year old Spanish players lighting the competition up. They've been doing it against opposition like France and Germany. 

These teenagers could have a great future at United.

More like Unites's future wouldn't look as bleak, if these teenagers were dumb enough, to choose them over better clubs.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Quality half of football. 

Spain so fluid. 

France have been so bad in this tournament. I don't know how their fans can support them when they have been so negative.

Hopefully England can get to the final and beat Spain :ph34r:

• Haha 1

I have a feeling we're gonna get a 2012 style final. Obviously whoever makes it to face spain will know nothing is a foregone conclusion and will hope for the best, but fuck me, Unless the Netherlands blow england away and then play well in the final, I think only Germany had any real hope. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I have a feeling we're gonna get a 2012 style final. Obviously whoever makes it to face spain will know nothing is a foregone conclusion and will hope for the best, but fuck me, Unless the Netherlands blow england away and then play well in the final, I think only Germany had any real hope. 

I was thinking this earlier, I think there's a chance they win that final 3/4-0. Probably being a bit kind to them there based on the last two games, but then they've gone and beaten probably the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the tournament (I know that's being kind to France).

I never thought I'd say this about an England team but I honestly think our best chance of beating Spain is penalties xD 

• Haha 1

A steward slipped and hit Moroata while going after a pitch invader. Apparently Morata is now even doubtful for Sunday. 

• Wow 1

6 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

When France went one up I was thinking the comparisons between this tournament and the 2006 World Cup were uncanny. You had a group stage largely full of good games with a high volume of goals scored from outside the area, you had the hosts improve from there pre-tournament form and be one of the better teams to watch, you had teams that looked the best on paper really fail to live up to expectations from a viewers stand point, and we were about to get two teams who felt like they were at the end of a cycle play in the final in a game that wouldn't be a very good watch.

Thankfully, France didn't win and were likely to experience a 2012 scenario where Spain are going to be the overwhelming favorites. I don't think a final against Holland or England will be a demolition in terms of scoreline, but if Spain were to lose now, only 2016 would save this tournament being reflected on by the masses as a complete dud.

Worst ever competition I've seen was the 2010 World Cup. It was fucking shocking, I think there wasn't one game which was good. It was fucking horrendous. It was famous for the fucking trumpets in the crowd, that says it all.

PS - Due to the times of the matches, I took the first 2 weeks off fucking work.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Worst ever competition I've seen was the 2010 World Cup. It was fucking shocking, I think there wasn't one game which was good. It was fucking horrendous. It was famous for the fucking trumpets in the crowd, that says it all.

PS - Due to the times of the matches, I took the first 2 weeks off fucking work.

Hmm I think there were a few games that were decent. I seem to remember the atmosphere (despite the vuvuzelas) being insane when SA beat France.

Slovakia shocked Italy (think it was 3-1 or 3-2).

The knockouts were better than the groups if I remember correctly. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Hmm I think there were a few games that were decent. I seem to remember the atmosphere (despite the vuvuzelas) being insane when SA beat France.

Slovakia shocked Italy (think it was 3-1 or 3-2).

The knockouts were better than the groups if I remember correctly. 

Each to their own. For me it's the worse I've seen in my life. 

• The topic was unpinned