The better place to talk football.

Leicester City Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

This is literally us xD 

One extreme to the other.

Haha that’s brilliant. I’m stealing  that video xD  

I think it applies to a lot of teams, it’s a strange season so far  for obvious reasons. 

I heard a stat in the post match analysis about your home form which I found quite surprising considering how high up in the table you are. I think it was 4 home games lost all last season and 3 already? 

No fans affecting some clubs more than others, clearly. 

Edited by JoshBRFC

• Administrator
Just now, JoshBRFC said:

Haha that’s brilliant. I think it applies to a lot of teams, it’s a strange season so far  for obvious reasons. 

I heard a stat in the post match analysis about your home form which I found quite surprising considering how high up in the table you are. I think it was 4 home games lost all last season and 3 already? 

No fans affecting some clubs more than others, clearly. 

Yep.

4 home games against Burnley, Villa, West Ham, Fulham.

Only 3 points return from them is shocking for where we want to be and break in the top 4/6 regularly as a club. It's just not good enough. It happened last season around this time of year. Dropped points at home to Norwich (and lost away), Southampton, Brighton, Burnley away, Watford away, Bournemouth away (the worst collapse you'll see in a game for a while).

Just has to be better, simple as. It renders games like the Man City, Arsenal & Leeds victories pointless. Negates the good work we do when we lose games, especially at home, to sides we should be beating.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

This probably won't mean much to anyone else on here but @Dan, but we just unveiled our new training ground complex today and it looks fucking sensational if I may say so myself.

Considering 10 years ago we'd only just come out of League One, nearly another 10 years before that we'd nearly gone in to administration, and just within the last 5 years we got promoted to PL for first time since 2004, won it, played in Europe twice. Our club has been elevated an absolutely huge amount and of course a massive part of that has been down to our owners. 

It's hard to put in to words just how much our club has grown in stature in the last decade, or even less. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

It really is superb, really is the kind of move I think that elevates us to another level as a club.

It is amazing really when you think of the last ten years. Where we came from, the fortunes have turned around. This is the strongest period in our history and moves like this I think will only ensure we prolong it.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Remember when we had the tug of war over Pearson, was genuine arguments about which club had the better future 😆 

It's mad really. Fun times trying to buy Cameron Stewart, Koren, Chester etc...

We're a good example really of why nobody should totally give it up. Things can get good one day.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

More injuries at the club.

Castagne, Ndidi, Praet, Fofana all out with hamstring injuries. Vardy just had surgery on a hernia issue.

Won't hear about it in the media, mind.

The fact majority of them are hamstring injuries does go to show how the lack of pre-season and busy cluster of games takes its toll though.

Vardy and Ndidi are the biggest misses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

It is beyond a joke. Feel like we used up our luck in this regard a few years ago. It's infurating because he didn't really need to play that game. Gutted for him as I think he'd have been in the England squad this summer on this seasons form, and a big hit to us, he's filled in everywhere at the back. Massive hit.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

You lot are the Premier League's equivalent of Sevilla.

Seems like there might be a particular trophy we pick up at the end of this season if that's the case.

I said a few years ago I'd like us to be like them and we really have become like it.

6 hours ago, Dan said:

Seems like there might be a particular trophy we pick up at the end of this season if that's the case.

I said a few years ago I'd like us to be like them and we really have become like it.

You must have been asked this before but what do you think you will do when Vardy starts to decline heavy? 

He to me looks about the most irreplaceable player in football at the moment, you might have to totally restructure your playing style. Who else is out there that can play at such a tempo. 

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Danny said:

Vardy didn’t start playing in the EFL till he was 26? Championship too, so no League 1 or 2 for years. Would probably go some way to explaining why he’s 34 and on course for another 20+ season

His Premier League record, given his age and when he started, is just out of this world. 

6 hours ago, Danny said:

Vardy didn’t start playing in the EFL till he was 26? Championship too, so no League 1 or 2 for years. Would probably go some way to explaining why he’s 34 and on course for another 20+ season

That doesn't stop the natural aging process of the body. 

It may have protected him from the injuries that slow a career down but if you look at other 35 years and over players they develop their games to adjust to natural slowing of the body. Vardy won't have that same luxury as his raw ability comes from the fact he seems to have the engine of a formula one racing car. 

In comparison to other players over that age bracket you couldn't see him being able to run games like a Zlatan or Giggs as he doesn't have their natural ability, the only player I could see him changing his style to replicate is Ronaldo. I know it's a crazy comparison but Ronaldo was full explosive energy but he changed his game and now he's more like a static number 9 who given space will 9 times out of 10 hit the net. 

Can Vardy do that, who knows but it would require his teammates around him to do all the leg work for him and I don't think Rodgers will want to carry a player like that. 

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Devil said:

You must have been asked this before but what do you think you will do when Vardy starts to decline heavy? 

He to me looks about the most irreplaceable player in football at the moment, you might have to totally restructure your playing style. Who else is out there that can play at such a tempo. 

He's already surpassed a previously optimistic prediction. If you'd asked me 3 years ago, based largely on the fact he relied a lot on his pace, I'd have said probably 2/3 years.

Well here we are with him now.

I actually think he can go for another 2 years potentially. The fact he started late, the fact he's a bit less reliant on his pace than he was, the fact we use him pretty economically now (it's not uncommon that he'll touch the ball about 9 times but score), I think we might've prolonged him for a while yet. He'll always have the finishing and the intelligence and his passing and whatnot has improved no end in the last 2/3 years. I think we will buy another striker this summer but he will still be the main man for a while, we'll eventually phase him out gradually but I think we'll still get goals from him for a while yet personally. I could be totally wrong, but it's how it feels to me. Rodgers has handled him the best of any of our managers I would say.

Puel tried to phase him out 2/3 years ago. That looks a silly move in hindsight.

• Upvote 1