• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton reject Zidane in favour of Marco Silva

football forum

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Wasn't Allardyce first approached a few weeks ago before they tried for Silva? Now they've gone back for Allardyce?

One of the first to be approached because it was easier for them being out of a job. Then he publicly pulled himself out because Silva was always first choice and we'd ignored him. 

39 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Having a choice doesn’t mean you can get it, they planned differently but it’s not worked out so they’re going for a last resort as the crisis deepens. 

Marco Silva isn't a list.

It may be controversial but in hindsight Koeman should've been kept on at least until the end of the season... Not all performances were as bad as they are now in my view. It doesn't seem that any planning was made for this situation. Allardyce arriving would be a joke for a club like Everton. 

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It may be controversial but in hindsight Koeman should've been kept on at least until the end of the season... Not all performances were as bad as they are now in my view. It doesn't seem that any planning was made for this situation. Allardyce arriving would be a joke for a club like Everton. 

Koeman was obviously a problem to the players and to the board so they they just took the easy option to get rid of him.   He has said recently there were a few players he didnt want but the club signed them, he also desperately wanted a striker, Giroud or Bas Dost,  Bas Dost has a release clause for 58 million euros but the Everton board didn't know enough about him to sign him for that amount of money so they opted for Sigurdsson.     The whole thing now looks very poor on the part of the Everton boards now, with no real plan on what to do now but does that really surprise  you when their new shareholder is from Arsenal! 

17 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

After City away, the second game of the season, every performance under Koeman was a disgrace, with the exception of Sunderland in the League Cup. 

Chelsea, United, Spurs and Atalanta on the spin, 12 goals conceded, no goals scored. Lost against Burnley at home, drew with Limassol at home. Got away with a point away at Brighton because of a stupid mistake by one of their players in the last minute. In fact the only bit of fight we had under Koeman after that City game was literally a fight, in the Lyon home game. It came to an end in that pathetic Arsenal display. All performances were terrible. 

There was no way he could have stayed on and the board made the right decision at probably the right time despite groans a lot earlier, including from me. 

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

There was a bullet point

Spoke to O'Neill, Fonseca and AVB recently and the pursuit of Silva. There was a list, we just got knocked back by the preferred choices. 

21 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Bas Dost has a release clause for 58 million euros but the Everton board didn't know enough about him to sign him for that amount of money

Is this a fact mate?

If this is true, then it's the board that should be sacked and makes the whole chaos surrounding Everton more clear now.  I can almost forgive more insular football fans these days not knowing what's going on in the world of football,  but for those being paid to know these things, not knowing should be deemed absolutely unforgivable.

With this I'm not saying Bas Dost was an answer to goal issues because I don't know.  It's the way you've put that in that they didn't know enough about him. It just sounds incredible in today's more universal football. 

9 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Spoke to O'Neill, Fonseca and AVB recently and the pursuit of Silva. There was a list, we just got knocked back by the preferred choices. 

Im amazed by that. Are they not aware the mighty Everton Football Club won the FA Cup in 1995 and have a right to look down on other clubs?

12 minutes ago, HK85 said:

After City away, the second game of the season, every performance under Koeman was a disgrace, with the exception of Sunderland in the League Cup. 

Chelsea, United, Spurs and Atalanta on the spin, 12 goals conceded, no goals scored. Lost against Burnley at home, drew with Limassol at home. Got away with a point away at Brighton because of a stupid mistake by one of their players in the last minute. In fact the only bit of fight we had under Koeman after that City game was literally a fight, in the Lyon home game. It came to an end in that pathetic Arsenal display. All performances were terrible. 

There was no way he could have stayed on and the board made the right decision at probably the right time despite groans a lot earlier, including from me. 

I do wonder how long those names have been in the pipeline

11 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Like I always say, it's the club's fans' views which matter and if that's the general feeling, then great. But I'll say this, Allardyce arriving would be a total joke!  He's an overrated piece of garbage. Only in this country would someone like him be rated in any positive manner. That sort of appointment is for me a sign of a club that has no idea about how to plan their future. 

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Is this a fact mate?

If this is true, then it's the board that should be sacked and makes the whole chaos surrounding Everton more clear now.  I can almost forgive more insular football fans these days not knowing what's going on in the world of football,  but for those being paid to know these things, not knowing should be deemed absolutely unforgivable.

With this I'm not saying Bas Dost was an answer to goal issues because I don't know.  It's the way you've put that in that they didn't know enough about him. It just sounds incredible in today's more universal football. 

It is what Koeman said, if its true or not, he was pundit for the Champions League the other week, when Dost scored twice, he just mentioned he wanted him for Everton but was to do with the money the board didnt want to sign him  but Koeman knows him and they should've trusted him,  Koeman has always been after him at Feyenoord, Southampton but he had no chance to get him for those clubs.       £48 Million does sound like alot of money but it is probably the going rate for a striker that got 34 goals last season in a half decent league. 

@SirBalon

Koeman wanted to bring his compatriot to Feyenoord to replace Graziano Pelle. And six months later, the Dutchman was once again chasing Dost, hoping the lanky goal-machine would join him at Southampton. And, as recently as October, a matter of weeks before Koeman was handed his P45, ESPN stated that he was hoping to finally sign Dost as the much-needed number nine Everton have lacked since Romelu Lukaku left for Manchester United, But The £54 million release clause in the targetman’s contract, the report adds, had put the club’s chiefs off doing a deal.

6 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Im amazed by that. Are they not aware the mighty Everton Football Club won the FA Cup in 1995 and have a right to look down on other clubs?

Damn right sunshine. Good to see you on board. You should get yourself up here and you can come and see it at GP if you're bored at looking at the Zenith Data Systems Cup. Another bad day for the Blues that one. 

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Like I always say, it's the club's fans' views which matter and if that's the general feeling, then great. But I'll say this, Allardyce arriving would be a total joke!  He's an overrated piece of garbage. Only in this country would someone like him be rated in any positive manner. That sort of appointment is for me a sign of a club that has no idea about how to plan their future. 

Him arriving is a kick in the teeth for everything we were supposedly aiming for. A complete fuck up from Moshiri, Kenwright, Koeman and Walsh. 

4 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Damn right sunshine. Good to see you on board. You should get yourself up here and you can come and see it at GP if you're bored at looking at the Zenith Data Systems Cup. Another bad day for the Blues that one. 

Him arriving is a kick in the teeth for everything we were supposedly aiming for. A complete fuck up from Moshiri, Kenwright, Koeman and Walsh. 

MAybe Walsh is the problem now they have had money to spend. 

52 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Absolute rubbish, the performances were worse than they were made out.

The arrival of Rooney has unsettled a lot of the squad, plus a lot of shit at the team like Williams and Keane is not good enough, Burnley was his level. Players like Martina are not good enough also but he was just a squad player who has now been forced to play due to injuries to Coleman. 

5 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

The worse performance was the Atalanta game, a bang average Italian team who probably have never scored 5 goals before until last week.

They’ve not improved but Koeman presided over the worst, slowest and dullest Everton side I’ve ever seen. It was his creation and he deserved the sack, the damage done is going to take a while to rectify.

3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

They’ve not improved but Koeman presided over the worst, slowest and dullest Everton side I’ve ever seen. It was his creation and he deserved the sack, the damage done is going to take a while to rectify.

Yea if he was the problem I agree he had to go but there should of been someone good enough to replace, its all looking amateurish now from Everton as things have got worse, it shows the players are too blame as well.  The new owner also looks like a fool and its not been his money spent on transfers. 

• The title was changed to Allardyce Sacked; Silva Tipped to Take Over

Archived