talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton reject Zidane in favour of Marco Silva

football forum

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He will get Everton back to the top 8 next season.

The problem with Sam Allardyce is that when you lose under him you are left pulling your hair out over his approach to the game. Happened with us, Happened for West Ham fans, even happened for the mackems who gave him loads of stick until the miracle run in the end.

It will be interesting to see if he can move beyond that. Most managers tend to repeat the same mistakes though, even the successful ones.

'Nīl satis nisi optimum' indeed. :ph34r:

On a serious note,  this has been such terrible management by the Everton board. At least with Martinez and Koeman they tried.  Sure it didn't work,  but you were brave and thought long term.

You have to also blame the Everton players. They haven't backed Unsworth at all. If they had at least put in some half decent performances, then it would have given the board some time to wait for better candidates. 

This is where Swansea are admirable,  even if at times things haven't exactly worked out for them.

And what does today's appointments say about the English league. There are plenty of options beyond Pardews and Allardyces.

1 hour ago, HK85 said:

Koeman was on the same. 

As useless as Koeman seems to have been this season, at least he had a name to demand such a wage with a legendary status as a player...  I'm not saying that should be worth much because being a coach has very little to do with being a player, but the fact he was a massive name in football folklore demands some respect and that in coaching terms comes in the shape of a salary. 

Now...

What the hell is a Sam Allardyce when he's at home?

Honestly, you guys should be attacking your board hard on matchdays because this from the outside is a joke!

Honestly mate, how d'ya feel about this?

@Cannabis talk to us mate!

• Administrator
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

As useless as Koeman seems to have been this season, at least he had a name to demand such a wage with a legendary status as a player...  I'm not saying that should be worth much because being a coach has very little to do with being a player, but the fact he was a massive name in football folklore demands some respect and that in coaching terms comes in the shape of a salary. 

Now...

Honestly, you guys should be attacking your board hard on matchdays because this from the outside is a joke!

@Cannabis talk to us mate!

too busy self-harming after today's appointment. or he's wondering how to sign up for a season ticket at Liverpool...

• Subscriber

The board, Koeman, Walsh and the players are all to blame because they have under delivered each in their own ways. Unsworth hasn't done well but he's not at fault because not much more could have been expected unlike the others. 

14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Now...

I've no interest in what we pay players and managers, I don't see it. It wouldn't bother me if he was the highest paid manager in the world. 

In terms of how I feel, it's probably the worst moment I've seen since I started going. OK, we stayed up on the last day twice in the 90's but this is different, we've spent a fortune on a supposed new era and we've gone back to that time. 

There is a clear divison at board level between Moshiri who wanted progressive managers like Silva and Fonseca, Walsh who was a staunch Allardyce man from day one and Kenwright who wanted Unsworth to stay. Until Moshiri clears out the stench up top we will continue to be in between where we are now and at best, 7th place. And we could still go down, there's no guarantee at all that we won't. 

12 minutes ago, HK85 said:

I've no interest in what we pay players and managers, I don't see it. It wouldn't bother me if he was the highest paid manager in the world. 

In terms of how I feel, it's probably the worst moment I've seen since I started going. OK, we stayed up on the last day twice in the 90's but this is different, we've spent a fortune on a supposed new era and we've gone back to that time. 

There is a clear divisor at board level between Moshiri who wanted progressive managers like Silva and Fonseca, Walsh who was a staunch Allardyce man from day one and Kenwright who wanted Unsworth to stay. Until Moshiri clears out the stench up top we will continue to be in between where we are now and at best, 7th place. And we could still go down, there's no guarantee at all that we won't. 

Dancing with the Devil and fighting relegation is one thing no fan wants, even fans of small clubs that earn miraculous promotions every now and then.  But I'll say one thing, mediocrity where a fan is concerned is worse from my point of view...  You feel robbed mate, you feel like they're using the product that is the Premier League to earn themselves their status for the enterprises they preside over in their real life. I have no idea what this Moshri is all about, but I do know what being taken for a ride is and you guys are being taken for a ride... You wanna know why?  It's simple my friend... Going out of the Premier League hurts these people hard and being a part of the product is a lot more important than you are!  You are nothing!  Fans of shareholder run clubs are a piece of shit that only provide what's necessary to paint a worldwide picture and keep the club in the media spotlight.

Your Kenwright mention and what he supposedly wanted tells you something and I agree. 

11 minutes ago, HK85 said:

There is a clear divison at board level between Moshiri who wanted progressive managers like Silva and Fonseca, Walsh who was a staunch Allardyce man from day one and Kenwright who wanted Unsworth to stay. Until Moshiri clears out the stench up top we will continue to be in between where we are now and at best, 7th place. And we could still go down, there's no guarantee at all that we won't. 

Moshiri can’t clear anything out can he? Isn’t Kenwright the majority shareholder? 

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Dancing with the Devil and fighting for relegation is one thing no fan wants, even fans of small clubs that earn miraculous promotions every now and then.  But I'll say one thing, mediocrity where a fan is worse from my point of view...  You feel robbed mate, you feel like they're using the product that is the Premier League to earn themselves their status for the enterprises they preside over in their real life. I have no idea what this Moshri is all about, but I do know what being taken for a ride is and you guys are being taken for a ride... You wanna know why?  It's simple my friend... Going out of the Premier League hurts these people hard and being a part of the product is a lot more important than you are!  You are nothing!  Fans of shareholder run clubs are a piece of shit that only provide what's necessary to paint a worldwide picture and keep the club in the media spotlight.

Your Kenwright mention and what he supposedly wanted tells you something and I agree. 

Idealistic views are all well and good but just think about it for a moment:...

If you were the owner of a Premiere League Club, what would your absolute priority be?

1. Make as much money as you possibly could?

or

2. Throw everything you have into appeasing the fans?

If anyone says the latter then they are complete and utter frauds. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Idealistic views are all well and good but just think about it for a moment:...

If you were the owner of a Premiere League Club, what would your absolute priority be?

1. Make as much money as you possibly could?

or

2. Throw everything you have into appeasing the fans?

If anyone says the latter then they are complete and utter frauds. 

Someone that supports football fans are frauds?  Listen to yourself for a minute!

I'm talking abut the fans and what they want mate, I couldn't give two shits what the shareholders want.

Tell me one thing mate... Why on earth as an Arsenal fan should I give two hoots about what the shareholders want?  Should I attend their victory parade when they sell 500 new homes on their Arsenal Holdings PLC scheme?  Oh yeah... Let's all party for them. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Someone that supports football fans are frauds?  Listen to yourself for a minute!

I'm talking abut the fans and what they want mate, I couldn't give two shits what the shareholders want.

Tell me one thing mate... Why on earth as an Arsenal fan should I give two hoots about what the shareholders want?  Should I attend their victory parade when they sell 500 new homes on their Arsenal Holdings PLC scheme?  Oh yeah... Let's all party for them. 

You’re not understanding what I’m saying mate. 

• The title was changed to Allardyce Sacked; Silva Tipped to Take Over

Archived