• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton reject Zidane in favour of Marco Silva

football forum

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

If we employ Allardyce it will be an absolute disgrace. If we want a safe pair of hands and an unambitious appointment Dyche is the clear option. I can't think of a single reason to employ Allardyce over Dyche. Literally none at all.

Small time move that will simply confirm that even with Moshiri and his money this club is going nowhere fast for years to come.

Saying that we need to be safe because relegation is a genuine threat is absolutely laughable on every level. We couldn't have been worse if we tried since the start of the season and we're still outside the bottom three. Besides, even if we're going down the "safe pair of hands" route that brings me back to my original point. What the fuck does Allardyce have to offer this club that Dyche doesn't?

Sky Sports now amending their news to clarify that Allardyce is not our top target, thank fuck. Thought I was losing my mind.

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

He's succeeded at a bigger club than you since with West Ham.

It should be said that the Newcastle he took over had considerably better talent and transfer market appeal than anything he's had since by quite a large margin. Finishing top 7 in 4 of the previous 6 years. That was his big step up to a top 7 capable English club, he had the likes of Michael Owen at his disposal who still had pure class in those days, with the iconic moment of Allardyce's last game in charge being when Jose Enrique hoofed the ball up in the air for little Michael Owen and Owen went livid. Allardyce hasn't recovered from that failure since and has only been able to land teams in the doldrums with run of the mill players, never anyone close to a team expected to be banging on the door of Europe all the time. 

It would be strange if what he has done since leads to him landing another go with a top 7 ready club (Everton), even more so now that football has moved on from his approach to the game, clubs are looking for Pochettino types now, not someone who will play the percentages and make everyone wear a heart monitor to determine if they played well or not.

7 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

It would be strange if what he has done since leads to him landing another go with a top 7 ready club (Everton), even more so now that football has moved on from his approach to the game, clubs are looking for Pochettino types now, not someone who will play the percentages and make everyone wear a heart monitor to determine if they played well or not.

When was his first one?

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Go after Allardyce, get laughed at. Go after Simeone, get laughed at. Football fans xD.

Allardyce would be a joke appointment, he’s a rescue artist and nothing more. 

Simeone though is top tier and I for one wouldn’t be laughing if that was the height of Everton’s ambition. If Moshiri offered him wages comparible with Klopp, Mou & Pep then there’s every chance he’d come. 

New investment, new stadium on the way...... Can Everton show the ambition to go out and get a top manager?

I hope not 😩

Let's be honest here, there's little to no chance of us ever being able to do enough to attract Simeone despite us offering him more money in terms of wage and transfer budget but I won't criticise the board for at least asking the question. 

5 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Let's be honest here, there's little to no chance of us ever being able to do enough to attract Simeone despite us offering him more money in terms of wage and transfer budget but I won't criticise the board for at least asking the question. 

Hey, money is a very powerful negotiator!

If he’s earning £3.5m a year now and Moshiri offers him £7m, then there,s a good chance he considers it!

• Subscriber

The problem is that Everton fans are cynical about us saying that we're going after big names before settling for shite so the board can say 'at least we tried to be ambitious' before ending up with Fat Sam. See Negredo, Yarmolenko, Costa.

• Subscriber

Anyway the bookies have changed quite considerably today. Allardyce has gone from 1/5 to 4/5. Unsworth back in from 8/1 to 6/4. Dyche has drifted for a few days and is now 8/1. Out of those three I'd have Dyche, Unsworth, Big Sam in that order. Not much between Unsworth and Dyche. I still have no issue with having Unsworth until summer (we won't get relegated) and giving ourselves a better chance of a half decent appointment in summer.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

It sounds like they haven't got a clue who should take over.

I'm fine with that though to be fair. If nobody good enough is available I'd rather we keep an interim who can easily be shoved aside when the right man is available than lower our standards and hand out fat contracts out of desperation to say Dyche or Big Sam only to get lumped with their probable mediocrity for several years or have to buy them out of a deal.

8 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

This is the level they should be starting to acquire from! If they can’t get him then work down the ladder. Everton shouldn’t be starting at Fat Sam and Sean Dyche. 

No chance of him, had a red Christmas tree hasn't he

DOHh9qYWkAADdiE.jpg

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm fine with that though to be fair. If nobody good enough is available I'd rather we keep an interim who can easily be shoved aside when the right man is available than lower our standards and hand out fat contracts out of desperation to say Dyche or Big Sam only to get lumped with their probable mediocrity for several years or have to buy them out of a deal.

We had a similar situation four years ago to be fair. We were linked with Petrescu, Karanka and Coleman before getting Pulis over a period of over a month and it turned out to be the best decision we could have possibly made.

• The title was changed to Allardyce Sacked; Silva Tipped to Take Over

Archived